Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Application Questions  (Read 1713 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Spouse Application Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »
Sorry, I have another question! Hopefully my last one.

My (then fiance) travelled to UK to see me on the 28th December 2018. We then travelled to Paris via the Eurostar on the 29th December, and returned to the UK on the 3rd Jan 2019.

On entering UK travel history as part of the online application, we are required to state the last two visits to the UK. We have put the most recent visit as March 2019 (the last time she came here), and her previous visit as December 2018. However, as she re-entered the UK after us returning from France, her most recent visit to the UK would actually be January right ?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, just want to make sure i'm getting everything right as I know everything will be looked at through a microscope and don't want any small mistakes to impede the visa.

Thanks!

Correct, France will count as the more recent entry.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 12:59:27 PM »
Correct, France will count as the more recent entry.

Thank you!
Submitted online application: 13 July 2019
Biometrics: 19 July 2019
Documents received in NY: 30 July 2019
Decision made email: 22 August 2019
Documents and passport returned: 26th August 2019

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 08:19:39 AM »
Hi everyone

We have submitted our online application now, and biometrics appointment is booked for this coming friday.

I wanted to confirm a couple of things.

1. Is it a requirement to include a passport photographic in the documents that are being sent to New York ? I have seen that people have done this, but I don't see this being asked for by VFS, or in the documentation from the Access UK application. Is this a requirement ?

2. Is my spouse required to just bring the Access UK confirmation page to the biometrics appointment ? Nothing else is required ? Wanted to double check this in case we are missing something we need to take

3. My payslips indicate a "Payment Date" of either the 30th or the 31st of each month. However, my company runs payroll on the 24th of each month and payment is put in to my account on that day. I have had a cover letter written by my employer detailing the breakdown of each months pay, in the below format, is this okay, or do I need to get payslips re-issued (they are sent electronically) with the correct payment date on there? (not sure if this is possible)

January
Pay Period - 01/01/2019 – 31/01/2019
Payment Date – 30/01/2019
Gross Pay - £xxxx.xx
Net Pay - £xxxx.xx
Date paid in to Bank – 24/01/2019

4. My spouse has received my bank statements that I have sent her, and has noticed that there is no date printed on the letter they have sent. It's just the last 6 months of statements printed on official bank stationary. Is this going to be a problem ? It's obvious that it's bank stationary and not printed PDFs (it has the perforations) but i'm now concerned as it's not got a date putting it within the 28 days of the application submission. Should I go to the bank and get them printed there and see if they can date?

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:36:55 AM by cptkid89 »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 08:55:05 AM »
1. Is it a requirement to include a passport photographic in the documents that are being sent to New York ? I have seen that people have done this, but I don't see this being asked for by VFS, or in the documentation from the Access UK application. Is this a requirement ?

It's a tricky one - I don't think a passport photo is needed anymore, because they use the biometrics photo for the visa and usually just send the passport photo back to you. However, it's still listed as a required documents on the Supporting Documents Checklist, so we've just been recommending to send one anyway, just in case.

2. Is my spouse required to just bring the Access UK confirmation page to the biometrics appointment ? Nothing else is required ? Wanted to double check this in case we are missing something we need to take

They need to take:
- their current US passport
- their biometrics appointment confirmation sheet

At the appointment, they will check their passport, stamp their confirmation sheet, take their fingerprints and photo and send them home. Then the passport and stamped sheet is put with the application documents to send to New York.

3. My payslips indicate a "Payment Date" of either the 30th or the 31st of each month. However, my company runs payroll on the 24th of each month and payment is put in to my account on that day. I have had a cover letter written by my employer detailing the breakdown of each months pay, in the below format, is this okay, or do I need to get payslips re-issued (they are sent electronically) with the correct payment date on there? (not sure if this is possible)

As long as the employer letter addresses the discrepancy in dates, you don't need anything reprinted. it's pretty normal for a payslip to be dated 30th/31st of the month, but the pay to be deposited in your account on a different date (mine are the same), so I don't see how your payslips would be considered 'incorrect'.

4. My spouse has received my bank statements that I have sent her, and has noticed that there is no date printed on the letter they have sent. It's just the last 6 months of statements printed on official bank stationary. Is this going to be a problem ? It's obvious that it's bank stationary and not printed PDFs (it has the perforations) but i'm now concerned as it's not got a date putting it within the 28 days of the application submission. Should I go to the bank and get them printed there and see if they can date?

Is the letter confirming the authenticity of the bank statements or is it just a 'please find included the statements you ordered' letter?

If it's the latter, then as long as the dates are on the bank statements, it shouldn't be an issue.

If it's the former, then it MUST have a date on it to show it was issued within 28 days of the online application date.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:52 AM »
It's a tricky one - I don't think a passport photo is needed anymore, because they use the biometrics photo for the visa and usually just send the passport photo back to you. However, it's still listed as a required documents on the Supporting Documents Checklist, so we've just been recommending to send one anyway, just in case.

They need to take:
- their current US passport
- their biometrics appointment confirmation sheet

At the appointment, they will check their passport, stamp their confirmation sheet, take their fingerprints and photo and send them home. Then the passport and stamped sheet is put with the application documents to send to New York.

As long as the employer letter addresses the discrepancy in dates, you don't need anything reprinted. it's pretty normal for a payslip to be dated 30th/31st of the month, but the pay to be deposited in your account on a different date (mine are the same), so I don't see how your payslips would be considered 'incorrect'.

Is the letter confirming the authenticity of the bank statements or is it just a 'please find included the statements you ordered' letter?

If it's the latter, then as long as the dates are on the bank statements, it shouldn't be an issue.

If it's the former, then it MUST have a date on it to show it was issued within 28 days of the online application date.

Hey!

Thanks for the quick response.

Okay noted on the passport photo, I will have my wife go get this done.

Thanks for confirming we just need the passport and confirmation of appointment letter.

Great on the payslip issue, the letter does address the discrepancy in payment dates.

The bank statements do not have a cover letter. It’s just a bank statement from December 2018-26 June. No cover letter and there is no date confirming when the statement was issued at the top of letter etc. I think I’m going to need to visit the bank and ask them to print the statements along with a cover letter confirming they are official as well as being dated and send this to my wife ASAP!

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 09:25:52 AM »
The bank statements do not have a cover letter. It’s just a bank statement from December 2018-26 June. No cover letter and there is no date confirming when the statement was issued at the top of letter etc. I think I’m going to need to visit the bank and ask them to print the statements along with a cover letter confirming they are official as well as being dated and send this to my wife ASAP!

The important date is the latest date of the bank statement, not the date it was printed. All you need to be printed on there is the last date shown on the bank statement: 26th June.

So, I wouldn't bother getting anything reprinted. They sent what you asked for, and it looks like the statement dates (December to June 26th) meet the 6-month requirement and June 26th is within the required 28 days.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 09:53:52 AM »
The important date is the latest date of the bank statement, not the date it was printed. All you need to be printed on there is the last date shown on the bank statement: 26th June.

So, I wouldn't bother getting anything reprinted. They sent what you asked for, and it looks like the statement dates (December to June 26th) meet the 6-month requirement and June 26th is within the required 28 days.

Okay understood. Yeah it does state the statement date eg 01/12/18-26/06/19

I just popped to the bank anyway and they have stamped each page with their branch details and the date so should be doubly good now!

• Liked: 31
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 02:47:21 PM »

I would follow this advice, although I didn't include one with my application.  When they took my picture at the biometrics appointment I assumed that was what they were looking for, so I didn't include my own photo.  My application was approved, but if I had it to do again, I'd include my own photo as well to avoid any chance of having the application declined.   

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »
Thank you, yeah will get my wife to get the passport photograph taken.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 05:44:05 PM »
Sorry for the double post.

How true is it that you have to send the documents to New York within 5 days of the biometrics appointment ? Does this include weekends or is it 5 business days ?

Seems like a stupid rule (coming across many of those haha!)

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 05:59:14 PM »
Sorry for the double post.

How true is it that you have to send the documents to New York within 5 days of the biometrics appointment ? Does this include weekends or is it 5 business days ?

Seems like a stupid rule (coming across many of those haha!)

It's completely true and it's 5 calendar days. Used to be 14 days, but it was reduced to 5 days in September 2015.

You only have to MAIL the documents within 5 days, they don't have to arrive in New York within 5 days.

See here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa#mail-your-application

From that link:

3. Mail your application
Your biometric confirmation receipt will be stamped at your appointment. You then have 5 days to mail this, your application form, your passport and supporting documents to VFS Services USA Inc. All applications must be accompanied by a valid passport with at least one page blank on both sides. If the application is mailed without a passport the application will be refused.

You should mail your application to:

VFS Services USA Inc.
UKVI Scanning Hub
80 Broad Street
Floor 6
New York, 10004

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
It's completely true and it's 5 calendar days. Used to be 14 days, but it was reduced to 5 days in September 2015.

You only have to MAIL the documents within 5 days, they don't have to arrive in New York within 5 days.

See here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa#mail-your-application

From that link:

3. Mail your application
Your biometric confirmation receipt will be stamped at your appointment. You then have 5 days to mail this, your application form, your passport and supporting documents to VFS Services USA Inc. All applications must be accompanied by a valid passport with at least one page blank on both sides. If the application is mailed without a passport the application will be refused.

You should mail your application to:

VFS Services USA Inc.
UKVI Scanning Hub
80 Broad Street
Floor 6
New York, 10004

Understood, I will make sure my wife has UPS labels prepared etc

Thank you for your quick response again, you are amazing!

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »
Hey everyone

My Bank Statements are printed on both sides. Do you think this will be an issue ? Or am I overthinking here haha

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2019, 12:20:21 PM »
Hi everone,

Wife has her biometrics appointment today. Putting together a final checklist of documents to send. Does the below seem comprehensive enough ?

Applicant passport
Passport photo
VFS page + priority confirmation (Didn't book priority through VFS, I booked it though Access UK, so the VFS page says nothing about priority. Should we write priority on it ?)
Receipts (IHS + Visa payment)
Printed application + IHS number written on top on the first page
Stamped biometrics receipt
All docs from biometrics appointment + Signed/stamped page
Appendix 2 
Prospective flights screenshot for entry in to UK on requested Visa Date
Sponsor letter
Sponsor Passport photo page photocopy
Marriage License (Certified Copy)
Previous Marriage Divorce Certificate
All flight info from our travels seeing each other - email confirmations + boarding passes
iMessages document (I'm considering making this longer and showing a message for every week we have been together)
Call log
Photos of us together
Employer letter
Payslips
Bank statements
Gas bill + water bill addressed to me
Home owner letter
Land registry document
Mortgage docs 

Does this sound correct ? Not missing anything obvious ?

Thanks!

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »
Hi everyone

My wife has just let me know that her current passport is a replacement for a lost passport (it actually says this inside), she had completely forgotten about this as it was almost 10 years ago.

Should she write a cover letter stating that the passport is a replacement for a lost passport and that, due to this, she has no older passport than her current one ?

Really unsure as to whether this will having a bearing of the application or not. Any advice would be really welcome as we were hoping to send the documents to New York today, tomorrow at the latest!

Thank you!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab