Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The weather!  (Read 2220 times)

• Liked: 5
The weather!
« on: June 24, 2019, 06:18:36 PM »
Funnily enough my main reservation about moving back to the UK after 5 years in southern California is how I will cope with the weather. I work too much to really enjoy the weather here anyway but any warm weather Americans here to give me the gritty truth about how itll be lol I've totally forgotten what it's like to live there

• Liked: 957
Re: The weather!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 07:15:09 PM »
Where in the UK do you plan to live?. That will determine the weather in a significant way. We compared the rain and sun maps for the area around London to where I lived in the US and there was no difference. Only, its actually nicer here because I no longer have to worry about blizzards dumping 6 feet of snow or tornadoes!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:21:59 PM »
Where in the UK do you plan to live?. That will determine the weather in a significant way. We compared the rain and sun maps for the area around London to where I lived in the US and there was no difference. Only, its actually nicer here because I no longer have to worry about blizzards dumping 6 feet of snow or tornadoes!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Kent, so probably the mildest area of England, we dont have any real extreme weather here in socal besides a drought so itll be an adjustment with the rain for sure

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 09:22:51 AM »
Kent, so probably the mildest area of England, we dont have any real extreme weather here in socal besides a drought so itll be an adjustment with the rain for sure

It's not so much the rain.  It doesn't *really* rain that much.  It's just a bit misty most of the time.  It's the grey and lack of sun that kills most of us.  I don't mind the milder weather.  But the grey.... oh the grey.  And it doesn't bother me in winter as you *expect* winter to be dreary.  But it's when it's grey in June....  and still in July.... and still in August.... and you realise that one week back in April when it was 80 and sunny is as good as it gets.  ;D  Okay, so bit of an exaggeration.  But I did have my heat on last week and fires in the fireplace.  Luckily we got some warm weather but it's raining.  A lot.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 09:51:36 AM »
It's the grey and lack of sun that kills most of us.  I don't mind the milder weather.  But the grey.... oh the grey.  And it doesn't bother me in winter as you *expect* winter to be dreary.  But it's when it's grey in June....  and still in July.... and still in August.... and you realise that one week back in April when it was 80 and sunny is as good as it gets.  ;D  Okay, so bit of an exaggeration.

Not much of an exaggeration! More like an extremely accurate description of how I feel this morning.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 01:38:30 PM »
Not much of an exaggeration! More like an extremely accurate description of how I feel this morning.  :)

This morning in the span of 10 seconds with my kid on the way to school:

Kid:  "Mommy, you didn't put sunscreen on me!"
Me:  "That's because it's supposed to be like this all day so you don't need it."  This being grey and sh*t.
Kid:  "I didn't bring my raincoat!" in a super panicked voice.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 01:46:22 PM »
This morning in the span of 10 seconds with my kid on the way to school:

Kid:  "Mommy, you didn't put sunscreen on me!"
Me:  "That's because it's supposed to be like this all day so you don't need it."  This being grey and sh*t.
Kid:  "I didn't bring my raincoat!" in a super panicked voice.

Haha! If they're worried about sunscreen and raincoats, you're doing a fantastic job of parenting. My six-year-old would blithely leave the house without his head if it weren't attached to his body, and the other one (3) flatly refuses to wear a coat even if actual raindrops are hitting her.  :)

Sponsored Links