Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Electrician  (Read 1188 times)

• Liked: 5
Electrician
« on: June 25, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
Any electrician journeyman move over? How easy was it to continue working as an electrician in the uk?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Electrician
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 04:41:00 PM »
The UK LOVES their qualifications.  Like they have qualifications in call centres.  Seriously.

The electrician (not sure if you or your partner) will need to obtain UK qualifications to work.  Once qualified, it should be no different to any newly qualified electrician.  Like plumbing, electricity never goes out of style.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:17:47 PM »
The UK LOVES their qualifications.  Like they have qualifications in call centres.  Seriously.

The electrician (not sure if you or your partner) will need to obtain UK qualifications to work.  Once qualified, it should be no different to any newly qualified electrician.  Like plumbing, electricity never goes out of style.

Its my husband, looks like he will only need to take a couple tests to transfer his license but I'm just curious how different it is there, if the weather impacts work as that's a concern he has (although I told him I suspect they take the weather into account and stage construction differently), curious how long the process is to get uk electrician license etc

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 09:28:22 AM »
For once, it seems pretty straight forward, with some useful information on the web, taking the three certification exams. Probably takes as long as needed to study, schedule and pass the exams.   :)
https://electricalqualifications.com/overseas-electricians/
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 09:40:26 AM »
Good info PB!

For the first, it says most finish the course in two months. (they say 35 hours of prep is needed)

For the second, it doesn't give a length but says 10 working days of prep is needed.

For the third, it looks pretty lengthy if I'm honest!  And quite expensive..   :-\\\\

Sponsored Links