Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Confused and Need some advice  (Read 547 times)

• Liked: 3
Confused and Need some advice
« on: July 22, 2019, 07:54:12 PM »
Hi all, I am confused with the application and could do with some advice. I posted before about me and my fiance marrying over here, which she wants to do for family reasons. So I know that I need to apply for a Fiance Visa. I have filled out the form so far on the UK gov site and I could not find anything about a fiance visa.

Looked on google and read that the fiance visa don't exist now. I looked at the Citizen Advice website and they don't mention nothing about the fiance visa. Just links to the Gov site for applying. So I am confused. Also I read that you don't need to sign up at UK4VISA now as they don't use it no more. So something else I am confused about.

I get filling out the form, but then I think I got to print a Appendix 2 form from UK4VISA? I understand the rest that we pay 1,533 now and then 1,033 and NHS Surcharge after getting married, but at the moment I need help to get that far lol. Also I know I put a post up, but do I need a copy of my Passport to send as I don't have one, only a photo ID Driving licence and Birth certificate.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anthony
Fiance Visa Online Application: 14th August 19
Type: Priority
Bio-metric Appointment: 21 August 19
Documents Received in NY: 23 August 19
Confirmation From Sheffield: 10 September
Decision Made Email: 22 October
Visa in Hand and Approved: 23 October

• Liked: 387
Re: Confused and Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 08:06:52 PM »
The fiance(e) visa definitely still exists.  Though we refer to it as a fiance(e) visa informally here, it's actually called something else officially.  I can't see the options on the website - is there something called a marriage visa under a settlement category?  (note - NOT the marriage visitor visa)  What options are you presented with when selecting what to apply for?

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:34:17 PM »
Thanks for your reply. When going through the Gov UK link for applying, I get the options of Appendix FM Partner or Appendix FM Child. Then which country my fiance is from and then onto the form. There is only marriage visa and no settlement (marriage) option to choose either. It is very confusing and is stressing us out lol.

Thanks again for your reply

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:55:33 PM »
There should be choices for partner/husband/wife (already married) and a separate one for marriage.

I believe the passport is needed to prove your citizenship and right to sponsor. Its also worth mentioning you pay the full application fee + the IHS fee when applying for the next in country visa after marrying. It's a lot cheaper to marry officially on paper in the US and then do a proper ceremony later after all the visas are out of the way.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply. There is an option in the online form,  but it asks : Are you intending to get married or enter a civil partnership in the UK?

Obviously answered yes to this, so I am guessing that is the only option to tick. As for a passport, it is getting too close to our time frame and also it expired 25 years ago, so would rather use a driving licence and birth certificate if possible to prove I was born in Wales.

Thanks again for your help.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Unfortunately, neither a driving license or birth certificate necessarily prove you have UK citizenship.  Unlike the US, one does not acquire citizenship by being born in the country (jus soli).  You can be born in the UK and have a UK birth certificate and still not be a UK citizen.  So the easiest way to prove you are a UK citizen is by having a passport that states you are a UK citizen. 

• Liked: 70
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 06:26:25 AM »
I believe an expired passport is OK for these purposes - sure someone can confirm this.

Either way a lot of passport applications come back quickly, and there's a few ways to get it in a week or less: https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Hope this is of use :)

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 11:23:03 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully the expired route will work as I havent had need for a passport and with everything else to do I don't really want to be spending money on a passport. I am hoping that the expired passport route will work, or if not I need to apply I guess

Sponsored Links