Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Canning Jars  (Read 1797 times)

• Liked: 674
Canning Jars
« on: August 09, 2019, 03:48:20 PM »
So, Lakeland has a big online sale on canning jars. Still obscenely expensive, but a lot cheaper than normal. In case you're looking.  ;D

• Liked: 768
Re: Canning Jars
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 10:10:15 PM »
So, Lakeland has a big online sale on canning jars. Still obscenely expensive, but a lot cheaper than normal. In case you're looking.  ;D
I'm bringing some canning supplies back home with me.

I bought some 1qt Ball jars from Lakeland last time they were on sale because they were marked wrong so I got them for 1/2 price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 674
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 11:31:03 AM »
If you have room, and if you're going to be doing much canning at all, be sure to bring the sealing lids (not the rings that screw on) to save yourself some money, as they are like £5 for 12 here, and only $2.98 for 12 at Walmart. They will work on Ball, Kerr, and Kilner jars.  That's for the standard-mouth ones. I don't use the wide-mouth jars here because I didn't bring any with me and didn't want to have to deal with having the two different sized lids, but I think I checked at one point and the wide-mouth lids here were harder to get and also more expensive than the standard ones. Here.

I still winced at paying like £2 per jar (£12 for six), when at Walmart they are $8 for 12 of them. But £2 is pretty much the best price I've seen here so far.

If you actually process the jars, you can only use those lids one time (for heat sealing), although you can reuse the rings as many times as you wish and can use the lids further as long as you don't intend to have a solid seal - like if you just want to have a jar with a lid. (I'm sure you already knew that, but just in case.)

Happy Shopping!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 12:00:36 PM »
If you have room, and if you're going to be doing much canning at all, be sure to bring the sealing lids (not the rings that screw on) to save yourself some money, as they are like £5 for 12 here, and only $2.98 for 12 at Walmart. They will work on Ball, Kerr, and Kilner jars.  That's for the standard-mouth ones. I don't use the wide-mouth jars here because I didn't bring any with me and didn't want to have to deal with having the two different sized lids, but I think I checked at one point and the wide-mouth lids here were harder to get and also more expensive than the standard ones. Here.

I still winced at paying like £2 per jar (£12 for six), when at Walmart they are $8 for 12 of them. But £2 is pretty much the best price I've seen here so far.

If you actually process the jars, you can only use those lids one time (for heat sealing), although you can reuse the rings as many times as you wish and can use the lids further as long as you don't intend to have a solid seal - like if you just want to have a jar with a lid. (I'm sure you already knew that, but just in case.)

Happy Shopping!
I bought plastic lids and new rings and seals but I don't heat can. I use them for fermenting.

I have some wee jars in my carry on because they are so cute and are the perfect size for condiments.

I'm bringing back some more weights, a pickle packer and various other stuffs.

We had 2 nearly empty suitcases after I emptied all of the kids gifts and I've packed them to 46lbs and 45lbs. I could have put some more stuff in them. Lol

But I've got lots of my favourite food stuffs that aren't junk food because damn... I now need a diet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links