Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How do you do  (Read 2041 times)

• Insta
  • Liked: 6
How do you do
« on: October 13, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been using this forum for information for a couple of years to help steer my situation and it has been really helpful, so many thanks. Finally though we're just about to go through the process for real.

I'm Phil, from London, and I fell in love with an amazing American called Rosa almost 5 years ago whilst working in Vegas. It really was a love at first sight thing. My marriage in England had been crumbling for years and you know, these things happen, and it's hard, but I'm just about to come out of the 4 year divorce process. I have two lovely girls and I had a house so it took a long time to do this properly. I met Rosa on the final night of my trip but we of course stayed in touch and really got to know each other from a distance. It happened that I was working in Nice (France) a few months later so I flew her over and we had our first date.

Rosa has been to London on many trips. Two for 6 months, and loads of 3 week long trips. She currently buzzes between LA, Phoenix, Santa Fe, and Denver. I've also been to the US about 3 or 4 times (I really can't remember its been so long).

With the decree absolute due in November our dreams are starting to feel like reality and we have loads of questions.

I feel we're experts now on:
Divorce in the UK
Which airports to avoid in the UK if you don't want to be detained by immigration
The different words we use for the same thing (still finding new ones every single day)

We're still novices on:
How best to move stuff from the US to UK
Is it best to get married in US and apply for spouse visa, or go down the fiance visa and get married in UK

Oh, forgot to mention, I proposed on Venice Beech Pier in December. She said yes.

Love from London
Phil

• Liked: 1260
Re: How do you do
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 10:33:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 11:30:02 AM »
Hi Phil, welcome!  :)

Without a shadow of a doubt, get married in the US first then apply directly for the spouse visa. So. Much. Easier.. to do it that way!

• Insta
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »
Thanks. That's what I suspected. One application instead of two, and no ticking clock when she lands to get the wedding sorted.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 01:46:49 PM »
Hi Phil, welcome!  :)

Without a shadow of a doubt, get married in the US first then apply directly for the spouse visa. So. Much. Easier.. to do it that way!
Yes! Less money spent overall and less issue with qualifying for ILR without needing to do another FLRM

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 672
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 07:19:48 PM »
And I don't know about others, but we've found coming in through airports OTHER than Heathrow and Gatwick to be relatively painless...

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been using this forum for information for a couple of years to help steer my situation and it has been really helpful, so many thanks. Finally though we're just about to go through the process for real.

I'm Phil, from London, and I fell in love with an amazing American called Rosa almost 5 years ago whilst working in Vegas. It really was a love at first sight thing. My marriage in England had been crumbling for years and you know, these things happen, and it's hard, but I'm just about to come out of the 4 year divorce process. I have two lovely girls and I had a house so it took a long time to do this properly. I met Rosa on the final night of my trip but we of course stayed in touch and really got to know each other from a distance. It happened that I was working in Nice (France) a few months later so I flew her over and we had our first date.

Rosa has been to London on many trips. Two for 6 months, and loads of 3 week long trips. She currently buzzes between LA, Phoenix, Santa Fe, and Denver. I've also been to the US about 3 or 4 times (I really can't remember its been so long).

With the decree absolute due in November our dreams are starting to feel like reality and we have loads of questions.

I feel we're experts now on:
Divorce in the UK
Which airports to avoid in the UK if you don't want to be detained by immigration
The different words we use for the same thing (still finding new ones every single day)

We're still novices on:
How best to move stuff from the US to UK
Is it best to get married in US and apply for spouse visa, or go down the fiance visa and get married in UK

Oh, forgot to mention, I proposed on Venice Beech Pier in December. She said yes.

Love from London
Phil
I love this photo of you two. She is absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Insta
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 09:17:08 AM »
Aw, thanks

Sponsored Links