Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Scanning docs for FLR(m)  (Read 824 times)

• Liked: 19
Scanning docs for FLR(m)
« on: November 06, 2019, 11:39:17 AM »
Hi

Regarding the scanning of the piles of paper that now needs doing
1: Can we scan them in early to a stick and then upload from there or does the web site require them to be scanned direct
2: Does each page have to be an individual scan or could we do a big scan to include multiple pages
3: How should the scans be labelled?
4: do we need to scan every page of both applicant and sponsors passports/

Cheers

• Liked: 107
Re: Scanning docs for FLR(m)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 11:48:39 AM »
1. I'm unsure what you mean by 'early' and with regards to a USB stick. Whatever the source is they need scanning to the website whether that's by USB, desktop, laptop etc.
2. You can scan multiple pages. We scanned our required documents as one file (i.e. multiple pages). For instance, a 4 page bank statement would be one file.
3. There is no strict labeling convention but just so they make sense (eg. Applicant_Passport, Sponsor_Declaration, Applicant_Correspondence_Mar_19)
4. You need every page of applicant's passport and I'm unsure on sponsor. We did every page of sponsor's passport just for completeness
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 10
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
Regarding the scanning of the piles of paper that now needs doing
1: Can we scan them in early to a stick and then upload from there or does the web site require them to be scanned direct

I think you’re asking if the scanning is somehow live? If so, no, you upload the files of your scans from your computer/phone etc to the website (you just click the ‘add’ button or whatever it’s called and then choose your files from wherever they’re stored)

• Liked: 26
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »
Sorry to hijack thread with a question. Has anybody downloaded pdf statements straight from the source (bank) and had their Visa approved.

It was discussed that as long as the issue date is on the actual statement and the address/contacts then it seems pointless to scan the paper version in. All you’re doing is creating a bad quality version when a beautiful compressed PDF awaits to download for any month you desire?

For the original question. Above answers are correct. It’s easier to collect all your scans first and then upload them to the website from a laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LTE received: 21 October 2016
Arrived in U.K.: 25 October 2016
FLR(m) extension: 1 June 2019
ILR 2022

• Liked: 10
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »
Sorry to hijack thread with a question. Has anybody downloaded pdf statements straight from the source (bank) and had their Visa approved.

It was discussed that as long as the issue date is on the actual statement and the address/contacts then it seems pointless to scan the paper version in. All you’re doing is creating a bad quality version when a beautiful compressed PDF awaits to download for any month you desire?

The problem with doing that is that the bank statements need to be verified (stamped in branch) if you are downloading statements from the internet. Just using the pdfs as they are, without printing them and getting them stamped, means they’re not verified.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 09:36:38 AM »
Burrata, yes that's what I meant, was wondering if it's a live thing, so thanks for clarification.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 09:26:58 PM »
But what about utility bills? I have spent hours on the phone with my utility company over the past two years to get them to mail me statements. Their argument is always "its the same thing as the PDF on your account." Grrrr
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 09:48:15 PM »
But what about utility bills? I have spent hours on the phone with my utility company over the past two years to get them to mail me statements. Their argument is always "its the same thing as the PDF on your account." Grrrr

We used a company which we knew would supply paper statements. It wasn't ideal because there were less expensive options out there but we stuck it out until ILR then switched away.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 10:03:00 PM »
Oh, we explained our situation when we were shoppim around and the accounts manager assured us it wouldn't be an issue. The first three we ordered we had no problem cause we managed to talk to that person and then it just started getting worse and worse. We lost several months because even though we called, they just didn't send it. Then they kept screwing up the names. After awhile, we could not make contact with the accounts manager and it was a nightmare. I ended up emailing them photos of proper bills they HAD sent us, explained the heaviness of the situation, and basically told them how much my application will cost and if we lost it because they wouldn't send us statements then we would be coming to THEM to get compensated for it. After that, we got a perfect statement, a note finally went on The account and we had no problem other than cheap paper being used. :)

But, it begs the question...for such utility bills that are the same thing whether you print them or they do....how on earth will the home office know now?

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 11:59:38 AM »
I'm still curious though what people feel is the best way of uploading the files. By that, I mean for example with the cohabitation evidence....should I have a file for each month's letter or should I scan all letters into one file? If two letters for one month - scan into one file or two?
Same for monthly bank statements.
I feel like individual files for each document is best so that they don't miss something by glazing over a pagr....also they would be smaller files so easier to deal with. On the flip side, I worry about technical glitches causing a file to be lost.

Oh, just a note to the original poster...water companies seem better about giving you monthly statements. United Utilities has been absolutely brilliant for years with us...including dealing with altering my name so it matches my brp for my life in UK test. Just set a reminder in your calendar to give readings and call them every month.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 02:40:03 PM »
I'm still curious though what people feel is the best way of uploading the files. By that, I mean for example with the cohabitation evidence....should I have a file for each month's letter or should I scan all letters into one file? If two letters for one month - scan into one file or two?
Same for monthly bank statements.
I feel like individual files for each document is best so that they don't miss something by glazing over a pagr....also they would be smaller files so easier to deal with. On the flip side, I worry about technical glitches causing a file to be lost.

Oh, just a note to the original poster...water companies seem better about giving you monthly statements. United Utilities has been absolutely brilliant for years with us...including dealing with altering my name so it matches my brp for my life in UK test. Just set a reminder in your calendar to give readings and call them every month.

Whatever is easiest for you.  You have definitely entered "over thinking" territory.  ;)

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »
Whatever is easiest for you.  You have definitely entered "over thinking" territory.  ;)

Oh hun, i planted my flag in that territory loooong ago. haha.

Sponsored Links