Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Good Afternoon - Will be applying for Spouse Visa after 1st of year  (Read 1753 times)

• Liked: 5
We have been reviewing all the messages for the last year under 'Visas and Citizenship'.
We are spending the Holidays in the UK before I have to send in my passport. Leaving Georgia tomorrow.
My wife is British and I am a USC. 
The wife has had a US Green card for last 43 years and we have always intended to move to UK when I retired.  Now retired.  All my income is from social security and pensions.  We have purchased a house in the UK a few years back so that should be no problem.
Will need info for verifying pension income and how to verify relationship to someone you have been married to for 43 years (1976).  What do you provide to prove relationship, our 34 year old son?
Looking forward to being with wives' large family.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Good Afternoon - Will be applying for Spouse Visa after 1st of year
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 06:34:32 AM »
We have been reviewing all the messages for the last year under 'Visas and Citizenship'.
We are spending the Holidays in the UK before I have to send in my passport. Leaving Georgia tomorrow.
My wife is British and I am a USC. 
The wife has had a US Green card for last 43 years and we have always intended to move to UK when I retired.  Now retired.  All my income is from social security and pensions.  We have purchased a house in the UK a few years back so that should be no problem.
Will need info for verifying pension income and how to verify relationship to someone you have been married to for 43 years (1976).  What do you provide to prove relationship, our 34 year old son?
Looking forward to being with wives' large family.

Hi wolfden, welcome to the forum.  :)

Looks like you will meet all the requirements so just a case of providing all the necessary evidence.

It's actually harder for those in long relationships as you really need to try to provide some sort of paper proof for every year of your marriage. Having had a child together is not enough to show that the relationship is genuine.

So what you're looking at providing is official items in both names such as the first page of your tax returns, leases, insurance documents, bank statements, bills etc.

You will also need a few pictures of the two of you together, some letters or cards which you have sent each other.

When you're ready with more questions,  start a thread in the visa section if you like. Enjoy the holidays!  :)

Sponsored Links