Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mainer in Scotland  (Read 194 times)

• Liked: 0
Mainer in Scotland
« on: January 09, 2020, 11:16:48 AM »
Hey everyone,

Just introducing myself. A Scottish friend (with an American wife) recommended the forum, and here I am!

I'm from Maine, have lived in the the midatlantic the past six years (Philly, Camden, and NJ) until I moved to Edinburgh in August!

I'm here working for a church. I am thinking about going to seminary, but wanted some training here first, so I am apprenticing with a church in Dundee, which started this week! (Four months late because of Scottish gov issues)

I also have a lovely Scottish gal pal whom I met in the states. She lives in Edinburgh. I think I will be visiting the visa board shortly ;).

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and contributing. my first four months were...rough! But I think I am on the other side of that now, and I am already better for the experience!

Cheers!

• Liked: 4873
Re: Mainer in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
Welcome and good luck with your new position.  :)
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

• Liked: 58
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 07:30:59 PM »
Hi, welcome aboard! Here's to a happy future with your gal pal  ;D

• Liked: 9
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
Hiya and welcome to the forum...
Fellow New Englander
Masshole here.. lol.. born n brought up in Mass, came to Scotland in 1999 on a work permit and worked my way up the immigration ladder.. Dual citizen these days..

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 07:16:06 PM »
Hiya and welcome to the forum...
Fellow New Englander
Masshole here.. lol.. born n brought up in Mass, came to Scotland in 1999 on a work permit and worked my way up the immigration ladder.. Dual citizen these days..

Aw man, I was trying to get away from you Massholes... ;) Just kidding. Not sure if you're a Patriots fan, but sad to see them on the decline. Looks like the dynasty is ending...

Thanks for the welcome all :)

• Liked: 9
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 05:29:18 PM »
Aye Definite Pats fan.. Definitely not doing so well these days.. sigggh..

Sponsored Links