Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(m) renewal questions  (Read 361 times)

• Liked: 7
FLR(m) renewal questions
« on: January 09, 2020, 07:46:38 PM »
Hi all

It’s been 2.5 years so we’re heading towards our second FLR(m) visa, and I’ve got a few questions that I hope you can help with.

It’s my understanding that as long as the online application is submitted before the current visa expiry, it doesn’t matter if your biometrics appointment is after. Particularly considering it’s not always possible to get a biometrics appointment immediately. Am I correct here?

Do the 6 items of joint correspondence need to be evenly spaced over the time of the last visa (e.g. the last 2.5 years), or over the last 2 years?

I’m the sponsor and we’ll be applying using just my income as I meet the financial requirements. I’ve worked for the same employer for 5 years, earning above the threshold the whole time. However, I moved roles within the organisation last July and signed a new contract etc.

Would I still be able to apply using category A (using the lowest salary I’ve received in the past 6 months) and simply provide both contracts and have my employer explain the changes in my letter?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(m) renewal questions
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 08:13:16 PM »
It’s my understanding that as long as the online application is submitted before the current visa expiry, it doesn’t matter if your biometrics appointment is after. Particularly considering it’s not always possible to get a biometrics appointment immediately. Am I correct here?

Yes, that’s correct - the official application date is the date the online application is submitted... so you just have to do that part before the visa expiry.

Do the 6 items of joint correspondence need to be evenly spaced over the time of the last visa (e.g. the last 2.5 years), or over the last 2 years?

For FLR(M) it’s only the last 2 years. So you need 1 document in each name, every 4 months.

I’m the sponsor and we’ll be applying using just my income as I meet the financial requirements. I’ve worked for the same employer for 5 years, earning above the threshold the whole time. However, I moved roles within the organisation last July and signed a new contract etc.

Would I still be able to apply using category A (using the lowest salary I’ve received in the past 6 months) and simply provide both contracts and have my employer explain the changes in my letter?

Yes, that should be fine for Category A because you’ve been with the same employer the whole time. In regards to how they calculate the income, they will just use the lowest payslip from the 6 months to work out the annual salary that can be counted.

• Liked: 7
Re: FLR(m) renewal questions
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 08:22:37 PM »
Thanks a bunch ksand! Glad to know I’m interpreting things properly

Sponsored Links