Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Submission Timing and Scanning  (Read 178 times)

• Liked: 2
ILR Submission Timing and Scanning
« on: January 15, 2020, 04:02:00 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the actual process for ILR is after the point of payment?  I'm planning to upload my own documents.  I've completed the application up to the point of payment.  I plan to do the Super Priority as I have to travel to the US at the end of March.  However, I just realised I'm supposed to be going to Belgium by ferry on 31 January.  Since I've already started pulling my documents together, I don't want the dates to go stale.  If I pay now, at what point do I upload the documents?  If I pay, upload documents, and then set my biometrics appointment for after I return from Belgium (just a weekend trip), would that work?  I don't want to run into any timing issues with appointments and my US travel...I need this all done before that.  Or am I better off waiting to pay and submit the application until after I return from Belgium?

Also, a random question about scanning.  I have some documents that I've saved electronically...my payslips are e-pay, so I've downloaded those files (I'll have my employer letter and all other required documents as well), as well as my Land Registry document.  Are the downloaded documents going to be acceptable when "scanning documents" or do I need to print then rescan?

Thank you again for your help.
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

• Liked: 47
Re: ILR Submission Timing and Scanning
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »
About scanning....make sure all files are under 6mb.
And I actually saved my cover letter as a PDF, thinking it would save me printing and scanning it. But when I uploaded it, the file preview indicated the file was corrupted. Same thing happened with my additional info letter. So I printed and scanned them and the scans uploaded fine.
No idea why that was.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 10:14:19 AM »
Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would just search, but when I use the search function it seems to not come up with current threads, it is always threads from 2005/2006, which won't be helpful in this instance.  I'm just trying to figure out if I should proceed with completing the application or if I need to wait.  Thanks in advance.

• Liked: 2846
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:32:40 AM »
Electronic payslips on their own are not acceptable for the visa.

They must either be:
- official payslips issued by the company and handed/mailed to you
Or
- printed electronic payslips which are accompanied by a letter of authenticity, on company letterhead and signed by a senior official.

Also, a lot of people get each payslip stamped by their employer, so I would suggest printing them, getting them stamped if you wish to, and then scanning them, along with the letter.

The letter really should be dated BEFORE you submit the online application (no more than 28 days before though). Most people have their employer combine the payslip verification letter with the employer letter so you only have to provide one letter to cover it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:37:26 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 10:35:46 AM »
In regards to uploading the documents, I believe you submit the online application, pay for the visa, then go to the UKVCAS site and book your appointment.

Then you can upload your documents any time before your appointment, or if your appointment includes document scanning, you can just take the documents to your appointment and they will be scanned there.

However, as your official application date is the date you submit the online application, I’m not sure it’s a good idea to travel between submitting it and attending the biometrics/Priority appointment.

If you can, I would suggest not submitting your online application until after you get back from your trip to Belgium.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 11:55:07 AM »
Hi Ksand24, thank you so much for your helpful reply! 

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 01:42:03 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find the official guidance in full?  This would be really helpful.  I feel like I'm a bit blind.  The reason I'm a bit perplexed about travel/submission timing, etc. is that I received a notice that my current mortgage rate scheme is coming to an end effective 1st Feb.  The application asks you to provide documentation about your living arrangements and how much the cost of accommodation is.  If I wait until I return from my trip, my monthly mortgage payment will be different, although I won't have paid a different amount yet.  Whether I change my mortgage offer now or wait until after submission, either way, the monthly payment will be changing.  I will be in a weird limbo position that my mortgage payment will technically change on 1st Feb, but I won't make that payment until the 22nd.  This is why I'm trying to rush to just submit right away.  We do also have a few decisions to make around which mortgage product we are going to switch to, etc., so I really hate to either wait until our current rate has expired or rush into a new one just to satisfy the answers of my visa.

I also thought that I read here that there was no longer a spelled out requirement that you could not travel with a pending application, although, once you attend biometrics you wouldn't have your BRP any longer, so obviously you couldn't travel then (I'm not arguing with the helpful advice given, as I tend to agree about not travelling just to be safe), but it would be helpful in the entire process to see the guidance. 

Also, I have already paid for my Land Registration document; dated 14th January.  If I wait until first week of February to hit submit and pay, should I get a new one with a fresh date? 

Thanks again for everyone's help here.  :)

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 02:24:04 PM »
As I said in the other thread, the guidance appears to be in the online form now.

You do NOT need a new Land Registry document - some people submit the original version they received when they purchased their house, so it could be years old.

It’s only the financial documents that must be dated within 28 days of the online application (latest payslip, bank statement and employer letter(s)).

For the accommodation costs, I really don’t know why they ask you to provide them now, as it was not a requirement for the old paper form. However, you only need to send your last annual mortgage statement, so the increase shouldn’t be an issue.

I doubt they will even look at it, or care about your accommodation costs, to be honest, since it’s not a factor in the decision-making process.

The only really important accommodation document is the Land Registry.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 02:49:24 PM »
Thank you for all of your help Ksand24.  I will wait until after I return from my trip at the end of the month to hit submit, making sure that I update my payslips to include the end of month payroll and get my bank statements accordingly.  I will get the dependent child documents you recommended as well. 

Does anyone know how far out the biometrics appointments are booking for ILR super premium?