Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Application - 6 items of correspondance panic/headache :(  (Read 392 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR - Application - 6 items of correspondance panic/headache :(
« on: January 25, 2020, 10:11:43 PM »
Hi All,

I'm currently getting ready for my ILR application and trying to desperately nail down meeting the 6 items of correspondence mail for proving evidence of cohabitation for the last 2 years.  Having gone through this before, we diligently tried holding on to ALL MAIL.  My biggest concern is that for my wife there is a 5 month 26 day gap between mail with her name on it.  The main cause for this is that our bank TSB for some silly reason along the way decided to be environmentally less-friendly and started mailing us separate statements (same bank account) but addressed individually!!?  It looks like this was intermittent and later on they started sending bank statements with BOTH our names on them again...?  Anyway, for a good few months they apparently only sent me a statement but not for my wife ...  Again we KEPT all mail especially our TSB bank statements knowing we would rely on them for meeting every 4-month correspondence at least! (So we thought) :(

I was maybe thinking of going into our local TSB Bank branch and getting the manager to maybe type out a signed letter proving/explaining that our address never changed and why we maybe only received individual statements!!?

Also on a side note... why are most if not all government agency letters NEVER DATED!!!? example HRMC, DVLA?  I have a few items from them but they are not dated at all or not dated clearly!!?  I wish someone at UKIV would tell other parts of the government about immigration requirements!!?

I really appreciate any advice on what we currently have below and we're struggling to get this in order before March (fingers crossed).
Thanks!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. March 6, 2020 – November 6, 2019 (4 months)
Sending:
•   Any acceptable mail we get in February/March.  (But as of today the below).
•   Wife – Specsavers Optician Eye exam due (Jan 14, 2020)
•   Me – NHS Referral Letter (Jan 10, 2020) (Although they mispelled my first name by adding a letter, middle initial and last name correct, I called and corrected my record on file, but is this letter valid?)
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Jan 1, 2020) (Just in case, issue with mispelled first name).

Include and/or replace?:
•   Me – NHS Organ Donor Register confirmation letter (Dec 19, 2019) (Valid?  Again first name mispelled, but updated it online and hoping to get another letter before  sending application.)
•   If required for the last 4 months, we can open another bank account with another Bank to meet the 3 different correspondance sources requirement?

2. November 5, 2019 – July 5, 2019 (4 months)
Sending:
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Savings Account (Nov 3, 2019) (Included already for meeting financial requirement).
•   Both Names – Tennancy Agreement (Oct 15, 2019) (Included already for accomodation requirement).
•   Wife – NHS Letter (Aug 29, 2019) (Including, because this is the closest date to March 3rd, 2019 for for any potentially acceptable mail with wife's name on it).

Include and/or replace?:
•   Wife – Council Pension Fund Annual newsletter (August, 2019) (Although from the council, not a personalized statement and only a newsletter and dated for August, 2019 without a specific date).
•   Both Names – Council Tax Bill (Oct 16, 2019).
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Sept 1, 2019)
•   Wife – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Sept 1, 2019)
•   Me – DVLA Vehicle Tax Reminder Letter (Letter NOT DATED, but states my tax runs out on 31st of August, is this mail valid?)

3. July 4, 2019 – March 4, 2019 (4 months)
Sending:
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (June 2, 2019) Only because even though it just has my name on it, it shortens the gap and they’ll see that it’s the same bank account.
•   Wife – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (March 3, 2019)
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (March 3, 2019)

Include and/or replace?:
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (July 1, 2019)
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (May 1, 2019)

4. March 3, 2019 – November 3, 2018 (4 months)
Sending:
•   Both Names – Council Tax Bill (Feb 26, 2019)

5. November 2, 2018 – July 2, 2018 (4 months)
Sending:
•   Wife – Scottish Gas/Electric statements (Oct 17, 2018)
•   Me – TSB Bank Savings Account Statement  (Oct 1, 2018)

Include and/or replace?:
•   Me – HRMC Annual Tax Summary (Aug 2018) (Letter NOT DATED as normal, has "HRMC 08/18" bottom right hand corner, and bottom left says "Tax Summary for "My Full Name" for the tax year 2017–18" ... So not sure if valid!?)
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Sept 2, 2018)
•   Wife – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Sept 2, 2018)
•   Me – TSB Bank Savings Account Statement (Nov 1, 2018)
•   Wife – TSB Bank Savings Account Statement  (Nov 1, 2018)

6. July 1, 2018 – March 1, 2018 (4 months)
Sending:
•   Wife – TSB Bank Savings Account Statement  (June 3, 2018)
•   Me – Specsavers Eye exam due (June 19, 2018)

Include and/or replace?:
•   Me – TSB Bank Savings Account Statement (June 3, 2018)
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (April 30, 2018)
•   Wife – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (April 30, 2018)
•   Me – Specsavers Optician letter that came with contacts (March 13, 2018)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:22:07 PM by ukbound78 »

• Liked: 2847
Re: ILR - Application - 6 items of correspondance panic/headache :(
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:14:33 AM »
For ILR, you need to cover 2.5 years, not 2 years, so that’s 6 documents each, spaced every 5 months, from at least 3 different sources (July 2017 to Jan 2020). If using individual items they should be dated at close to each other as possible.

If you are applying now, in Jan 2020, you want to include mail from the following months:
July 2017
Dec 2017
May 2018
Oct 2018
Mar 2019
Aug 2019
Optional extra: Jan 2020

At the moment, from the documents you listed, you can use:

July 2017
Her: ?
You: ?

Dec 2017

May 2018

Oct 2018
Her: Scottish Gas/Electric statements (Oct 17, 2018) (source 1)
You: TSB Bank Savings Account Statement  (Oct 1, 2018) (source 2)

Mar 2019
Her: TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (March 3, 2019)
You: TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (March 3, 2019)

Aug 2019
Her: NHS letter (Aug 29) (source 3)
You: TBS statement (Sep 1)

Jan 2020
- TSB joint statement (spelling mistake is not relevant)

So you are currently missing almost a year of documents, from July 2017 to May 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 02:30:21 AM »
Hi ksand24,

You've been very helpful over the years so really appreciate the feedback!  Actually I only started the application, which apparently for the ILR, the only way is through the online application process.  If I understand correctly you can apply up to 28 days before your 5 year anniversary of living in the UK (I moved here beginning of April 2015), so for me, the earliest I can send in my application is March 6, which is coming up fast, because I still have to take the living in the UK life test, gather ALL the necessary paperwork, etc.

Also I couldn't find any ILR guides on the gov.uk website, like the ones for LTR and FLR (first two visas)??  So that's why I thought the correspondence had to cover the last two years, like I did for my last visa (FLR).

So thanks to you, I now know it's supposed to be 6 items spanning 2.5 years (5 months apart).  Also for the 3 different sources, based on your example of shuffling my letters, I'm assuming that we both don't need 3 different sources separately?  So if my wife had three different sources and all my letters were from TSB Bank that would be okay?

Again I'm planning on applying beginning of March, and going with what you recommended and because unfortunately my wife has a 6 month gap in acceptable letters (roughly August 2019 - March 2019) this is maybe our best bet, what do you think?

------------------------------------------------------
1. March 6, 2020 – October 6, 2019 (5 months)
Sending:
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Jan 1, 2020) (Source 1)

2. October 5, 2019 – May 6, 2019 (5 months)
Sending:
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Sept 1, 2019)

Alternate options maybe?
•   Wife – NHS Letter (Aug 29, 2019)
•   Both Names – Council Tax Bill (Oct 16, 2019)

3. May 5, 2019 – December 6, 2018 (5 months)
Sending:
•   Both Names – Council Tax Bill (Feb 26, 2019) (Source 2)

Alternate options maybe?
•   Wife – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (March 3, 2019)
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (March 3, 2019)

4. December 5, 2018 – July 6, 2018 (5 months)
Sending:
•   Wife – Scottish Gas/Electric statements (Oct 17, 2018) (Source 3)

5. July 5, 2018 – February 6, 2018 (5 months)
Sending:
•   Me – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (April 30, 2018)
•   Wife – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (April 30, 2018)

6. February 5, 2018 – September 6, 2017 (5 months)
Sending:
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (November 28, 2017)

Alternate options maybe?
•   Me – Home Office Biometric Enrolment Letter (November 21, 2017) from last leave to remain visa application
•   Me – Home Office Leave to remain application acknowledgement letter (November 21, 2017) from last leave to remain visa application
------------------------------------------------------

Again, as always really appreciate your guidance, many thanks!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 06:01:19 AM »
It used to be 2 years of mail for ILR applications but they changed it a couple of years ago and now you have to cover the entire length of your current visa (which is 2.5 years).

For the sources, it’s 3 in total across all your documents (so for example, if they are all individually addressed you could have 10 bank statements, 1 council tax bill, 1 electricity bill)

Will look through your list of documents later as I have to leave for work right now.

ILR - Application - 6 items of correspondance panic/headache [emoji20]
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 10:04:56 AM »
In regards to your 6 correspondence documents, you don’t want to split it into periods of 5 months, you need to pick individual months, 5 months apart from each other, and then find something from each of those months.

For example, you aren’t covering a period between Jan-May, June-Oct, you provide evidence from the exact months of Jan, June and November.

Btw it’s much easier for us to see if the months work if you list them from oldest to newest.

If you are applying in early March, you need documents from the following months:

Sept 2017
Feb 2018
July 2018
Dec 2018
May 2019
Oct 2019
March 2020 (optional)

So, at the moment, you can’t use any of the documents you’ve listed because they do not tie in with any of the months you need to send them for.

You can maybe adjust the months a bit though.

For example:
Aug 2017
Jan 2018
June 2018
Nov 2018
Apr 2019
Sept 2019
Feb 2020 (Optional)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:10:02 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 02:29:47 PM »
Hi ksand24,

Thanks for your response.  I've been soo busy with work I didn't have a chance until this weekend to try and tackle this again...  :\\\'(  I need to be studying for my life in the UK test and later tonight hopefully have time to register, because I'm not sure how long the wait time might be, not to mention go through collecting the rest of the ILR application documents I still need to gather/verify [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

I was also wondering why the most recent months (February or March, 2020) would be optional?  I applied for my last FLR visa November, 2017, so shouldn't I drop the August/September, 2017 months!?  Doesn't make sense since in my last Visa I had to prove correspondence for that period and seems like we're overlapping here, no?

With that said, I ended up making two attempts, as you have suggested and put them in order from oldest to newest this time ;)

The first run, the 3 sources was easily met and I like the fact that our council tax bills fell into 2 of the months, but on the other hand the 2nd run no council tax bills at all but April, 2019 is closer to my wife's tsb bank mail that's dated on March 3, 2019, so not sure which is best.  Either way, you think it would be a good a idea to get a signed letter from our local TSB Bank branch stating that on file we shared the same address even though they only mailed us a copy with only my name on it for a period of time?

I really appreciate your helpful advice as always, although really starting to stress over this part of the application, and consuming more time than I expected, since I have to tackle other parts of the ILR application soon as well.

----------------------------------------------------------
1.   September, 2017
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Source 1)

2.   February, 2018
•   Both Names – Council Tax Bill (Source 2)

3.   July, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, but for some reason they started sending two copies individually addressed?

4.   December, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, but for some reason they started sending two copies individually addressed?

5.   May, 2019
•   My Name Only – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, Same joint account, but for some reason without us picking up on it, there is a gap of about 6 months where TSB Bank stopped sending her copy of the statements even though same joint account and nothing changed?

And unfortunately, because of this, the closet dates with her name on it would be TSB Bank checking account statement with both our names on it March 3, 2019 or an NHS Letter dated August 29, 2019.

Not sure what to do here?  Should we get a signed letter from our local TSB Branch stating that my wife and I on file had the same address for specified dates, and maybe they might even be aware of why the paper statements changed for that period of time? (but I doubt it as this would be probably a change at head office of TSB Bank).

6.   October, 2019
•   Wife’s Name – E-On (Gas/Electric Company) account registration. (Source 3)
•   Both Names – Council Tax Bill

7.   March, 2020 (Optional)
•   Probably use TSB Bank Checking Account Statement with both names on it, but might have to use something from February, since will try to apply on 6th of March.
1.   August, 2017

2.   January, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement
•   Wife’s Name – DVLA Acknowledgment slip that confirms she’s not the registered keeper of our last car.  (Source 2).
***   Also this is not a full length page, so if using this I would paperclip it to the TSB bank statement above and add a sticky note on it stating (for Source 2 evidence). ***

3.   June, 2018

4.   November, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, but again sent two copies individually addressed?

5.   April, 2019
•   My Name Only – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, Same joint account, but for some reason without us picking up on it, there is a gap of about 6 months where TSB Bank stopped sending her copy of the statements even though same joint account and nothing changed?

And unfortunately, because of this, the closet dates with her name on it would be TSB Bank checking account statement with both our names on it March 3, 2019 or an NHS Letter dated August 29, 2019.

Again same problem, but at least using these months, March 3 is closer than May in the previous attempt.

6.   September, 2019
•   Wife – NHS Letter (Dated August 29, 2019) (Source 3)

7.   February, 2020 (Optional)
•   Probably use TSB Bank Checking Account Statement with both names on it.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 03:22:55 PM »
I was also wondering why the most recent months (February or March, 2020) would be optional?

They are optional because:

a) you only need 6 documents each in total and if you include a document from the present month, that’s 7 documents which is too many
AND
b) you will already be covering the most recent months anyway, with both your accommodation evidence and your financial documents (bank statements and payslips)... so there’s no need to cover the same period again for the third time.

I applied for my last FLR visa November, 2017, so shouldn't I drop the August/September, 2017 months!?  Doesn't make sense since in my last Visa I had to prove correspondence for that period and seems like we're overlapping here, no?

Well, for the first FLR(M) visa you need to cover the last 2 years and for ILR you cover the time since your last visa was issued... which for almost everyone will be 2.5 years.

And 2.5 years before March 2020 will be September 2017... so I would suggest your documents cover from September 2017 onwards (I haven’t ever heard of anyone sending less than 2.5 years worth of documents for ILR).

With that said, I ended up making two attempts, as you have suggested and put them in order from oldest to newest this time ;)

Thanks - it’s just easier for me to read them and check they are spaced in the right months if they are ordered from oldest to newest.

Either way, you think it would be a good a idea to get a signed letter from our local TSB Bank branch stating that on file we shared the same address even though they only mailed us a copy with only my name on it for a period of time?

That won’t be acceptable, I’m afraid... UKVI can only consider mail that was posted to you at that time. A letter issued now, even if it confirms living together in May 2019 can only be used as evidence to show you are living together in 2020.

I think your second list probably works better:

1.   August, 2017

2.   January, 2018

3.   June, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, but for some reason they started sending two copies individually addressed? doesn’t matter. Just include both copies, one each

4.   November, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, but again sent two copies individually addressed? doesn’t matter. Just include both copies, one each

5.   April, 2019
•   My Name Only – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement,
•     Her name -  TSB Bank checking account statement with both our names on it March 3, 2019

6.   September, 2019

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:25:07 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 04:55:09 PM »
b) you will already be covering the most recent months anyway, with both your accommodation evidence and your financial documents (bank statements and payslips)... so there’s no need to cover the same period again for the third time.

If I recall correctly, for accommodation for last FLR(M), since we rent privately, we used our private rental tenancy agreement, which since we moved last Oct 2019, we'll be relying on that again.  Which is all that's needed correct? 

Also we are fortunate enough to rely on Cash Savings again to meet the financial requirement like we did for the first two visa's.  I remember last time you advised to just use that even though we both work, and I agree it would just clutter things up for the home office case worker.  So it looks like we get an annual yearly statement from TSB for our savings account which covers the last couple years, but I'll have to go into the bank to get a signed statement to cover the last couple months before my application, because correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that we would need to show for the last 6 months that money was in one/or both our names and it never fell below the limit and we would again include a statement of the source of our money (savings from our employment).

Either way on the safe side, I'll cover the 2.5 years as you suggested... never knew that (thought was last 2 years only) so thanks!

That won’t be acceptable, I’m afraid... UKVI can only consider mail that was posted to you at that time. A letter issued now, even if it confirms living together in May 2019 can only be used as evidence to show you are living together in 2020.

I remember when looking over the official guidance on correspondence for my last FLR(M) where it asks for 6 items evenly spread out, that if you're missing a period, that you include on a separate sheet of paper explaining why?  We can easily explain why of course on our own, but surely a signed letter from our local bank branch manager verifying on file we haven't had two separate addresses or even maybe admitting changes on TSB banks side of things, but at any rate, it clearly states including an explanation to why there might be a gap and/or missing letters.  In reality, people may lose mail for any unforeseen situations over the years, although we definitely kept all our tsb bank statements knowing we would have to rely on them.  At any rate, if you think it would be a waste of time, I guess we'll go without and hope for the best!!

I think your second list probably works better:

1.   August, 2017
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement (Source 1)

2.   January, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement

3.   June, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, but for some reason they started sending two copies individually addressed? doesn’t matter. Just include both copies, one each

4.   November, 2018
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement, but again sent two copies individually addressed? doesn’t matter. Just include both copies, one each

5.   April, 2019
•   My Name Only – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement,
•     Her name -  TSB Bank checking account statement with both our names on it March 3, 2019

6.   September, 2019
•   Both Names – TSB Bank Checking Account Statement

Okay... but why did you drop my other two SOURCES?? (DVLA Acknowledgment slip for Jan, 2018, and  Wife – NHS Letter (Dated August 29, 2019) for September, 2019)  This list only contains one Source?? TSB Bank Checking Account Statements...

I can maybe include other sources on other months on the list, but something wrong with those two?

Thanks again!!  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:59:45 PM by ukbound78 »

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 05:05:09 PM »
If I recall correctly, for accommodation for last FLR(M), since we rent privately, we used our private rental tenancy agreement, which since we moved last Oct 2019, we'll be relying on that again.  Which is all that's needed correct? 

Yes, although I think the online form asks for your latest council tax statement as well.

Also we are fortunate enough to rely on Cash Savings again to meet the financial requirement like we did for the first two visa's.  I remember last time you advised to just use that even though we both work, and I agree it would just clutter things up for the home office case worker. 

The problem is that if you put that you work you will be required to use one of the employment categories for the visa which means providing all your payslips, bank statements and employer letters... but if you can meet the requirements using cash savings, then you don’t need to use any other categories, so you fill out the form as if neither of you works.

So it looks like we get an annual yearly statement from TSB for our savings account which covers the last couple years, but I'll have to go into the bank to get a signed statement to cover the last couple months before my application, because correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that we would need to show for the last 6 months that money was in one/or both our names and it never fell below the limit and we would again include a statement of the source of our money (savings from our employment).

Yes, your statements must cover an entire 6 months, ending no more than 28 days before your online application date, and they must show that the balance in the account has not fallen below £62,500 for even 1 day in the 6 months.

Either way on the safe side, I'll cover the 2.5 years as you suggested... never knew that so thanks!

It used to only be 2 years (because you only had to hold a spousal visa or FLR(M) for 2 years to qualify for ILR), but a couple of years ago, they changed to ‘since your last visa was granted’ and since the visa is valid for 2.5 years, the idea is that you cover 2.5 years.

I remember when looking over the official guidance on correspondence for my last FLR(M) where it asks for 6 items evenly spread out, that if you're missing a period, that you include on a separate sheet of paper explaining why?  We can easily explain why of course on our own, but surely a signed letter from our local bank branch manager verifying on file we haven't had two separate addresses or even maybe admitting changes on TSB banks side of things, but at any rate, it clearly states including an explanation to why there might be a gap and/or missing letters.  In reality, people may lose mail for any unforeseen situations over the years, although we definitely kept all our tsb bank statements knowing we would have to rely on them.  At any rate, if you thing it would be a waste of time, I guess we'll go without and hope for the best!!

Yes, you can include a letter, but you don’t need to because you already have 6 documents in each name, for each month required, so there’s nothing to explain.

Okay... but why did you drop my other two SOURCES?? (DVLA Acknowledgment slip for Jan, 2018, and  Wife – NHS Letter (Dated August 29, 2019) for September, 2019)  This list only contains one Source?? TSB Bank Checking Account Statements...

I can maybe include other sources on other months on the list, but something wrong with those two?

I deleted them because I thought you didn’t need them as you already had a document in each name for those months... but as you pointed out, that’s only 1 source and I didn’t check the sources (that’s what happens when I type quickly on my phone while at work)!

So, yes, add them back in to give you the correct number of sources... or use different documents in other months if you want to.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 05:44:15 PM »
Yes, although I think the online form asks for your latest council tax statement as well.

Ah okay thanks for the heads up, yeah noticed that these days can only fill out using online form, which I have started, but haven't completed since would have to wait until March to meet 28 days before 5 year residency and because I'm currently trying to gather all my documents and still have to take Life in the UK test (and pass!).

The problem is that if you put that you work you will be required to use one of the employment categories for the visa which means providing all your payslips, bank statements and employer letters... but if you can meet the requirements using cash savings, then you don’t need to use any other categories, so you fill out the form as if neither of you works.

Haha I wish we didn't have to work!  But would hate to think that they might think we're sitting on our arses doing nothing all day!?  BUT yes I see what you're saying, and I'm assuming then that any questions about our employment will ONLY be listed on the financial requirement section only, which if was similar to the first two visas then I should be familiar with filling out that section, will be sure to ask you guys if in any doubt! :)

Yes, your statements must cover an entire 6 months, ending no more than 28 days before your online application date, and they must show that the balance in the account has not fallen below £62,500 for even 1 day in the 6 months.

Okay great just what I had thought... but just to clarify for others... the lower limit for an ILR application is £34,600.  For entry clearance and/or FLR visa's it's £62,500 because you have to divide your savings by 2.5 (2 and half years).  Unless this has changed recently!!? Please advise if so!!  Btw, I'm referencing page 49 of Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement guide.

Yes, you can include a letter, but you don’t need to because you already have 6 documents in each name, for each month required, so there’s nothing to explain.

Perfect thanks!  One less thing to hopefully worry about :)

I didn’t check the sources (that’s what happens when I type quickly on my phone while at work)!

Oh my goodness... haha no way would I get any of this right if I tried to multi-task when I'm at work during the week lol... well I hope the rest of your work day goes by fast and stress-free!

And as always, very much appreciated!! :)

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 06:05:01 PM »
Ah okay thanks for the heads up, yeah noticed that these days can only fill out using online form, which I have started, but haven't completed since would have to wait until March to meet 28 days before 5 year residency and because I'm currently trying to gather all my documents and still have to take Life in the UK test (and pass!).

Yeah, the whole application process has changed since you last applied, including getting rid of the paper forms and guidance and putting it all in the online form (which is badly-designed and can be confusing).

Haha I wish we didn't have to work!  But would hate to think that they might think we're sitting on our arses doing nothing all day!?  BUT yes I see what you're saying, and I'm assuming then that any questions about our employment will ONLY be listed on the financial requirement section only, which if was similar to the first two visas then I should be familiar with filling out that section, will be sure to ask you guys if in any doubt! :)

They just need to see that you meet the financial requirement through one of the categories... doesn't matter which one (or ones if you need to combine them). They don't care whether you work or not - doesn't matter to them. All they need to do is tick a box to say you meet the savings requirement and have sent your 6 months of bank statements... and that's it.

If you start to bring your income into it, that only complicates the application, and could even result in a refusal, because it might be the case that your income does not meet the requirement or you didn't send all the required employment documents, but because you answered the employment questions, they then have no choice but to refuse the visa.

Okay great just what I had thought... but just to clarify for others... the lower limit for an ILR application is £34,600.  For entry clearance and/or FLR visa's it's £62,500 because you have to divide your savings by 2.5 (2 and half years).  Unless this has changed recently!!? Please advise if so!!  Btw, I'm referencing page 49 of Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement guide.

Oh, yeah, sorry - it's £34,600 for ILR... I'm really not concentrating today. Haven't had a full day off in 7 days due to last minute shift changes, so I'm pretty tired... and I won't have a day off now until next Friday.

Oh my goodness... haha no way would I get any of this right if I tried to multi-task when I'm at work during the week lol... well I hope the rest of your work day goes by fast and stress-free!

Working day is over, but gotta be back in work again tomorrow morning.

I'm working overseas at the moment, and my shifts change all the time because they depend on when the flights come in... and they keep changing the flight times, so we've had to rewrite the roster about 5 times in the last 3 days (today was originally my day off, then I was supposed to be working a night shift last night, due to the flight scheduled to land and take off in the middle of the night, but then the flight delayed 24 hours, so I ended up on a day shift today. Was supposed to just be on a morning shift tomorrow, but now the flight is taking off at 1pm instead of 1am tonight, so I have to do a full day shift instead)!

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 09:15:04 AM »
Working day is over, but gotta be back in work again tomorrow morning.

I'm working overseas at the moment, and my shifts change all the time because they depend on when the flights come in... and they keep changing the flight times, so we've had to rewrite the roster about 5 times in the last 3 days (today was originally my day off, then I was supposed to be working a night shift last night, due to the flight scheduled to land and take off in the middle of the night, but then the flight delayed 24 hours, so I ended up on a day shift today. Was supposed to just be on a morning shift tomorrow, but now the flight is taking off at 1pm instead of 1am tonight, so I have to do a full day shift instead)!

Well thanks again for your valuable advice, I couldn't work on a moving shift like that ever!  And I hope your next day off comes sooner than later, need that downtime to recover, although lately my weekends were so hectic I actually looked forward to going into work Mondays  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

I'll have to take a wee break today from that part of the application and
I'll have to study and book my test today for life in the UK exam, but if I have any other questions, will be sure to post them here, especially because for my first two applications, I think I would of missed something, so it's always good to get someone to review it :)

• Liked: 4874
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 09:44:16 AM »

I'll have to study and book my test today for life in the UK exam, but if I have any other questions, will be sure to post them here, especially because for my first two applications, I think I would of missed something, so it's always good to get someone to review it :)

Read the book, take practice tests until you are continually doing well and go back to the book to revise your weaker areas.
Good luck.  :)
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 09:57:27 AM »
Well thanks again for your valuable advice, I couldn't work on a moving shift like that ever!  And I hope your next day off comes sooner than later, need that downtime to recover, although lately my weekends were so hectic I actually looked forward to going into work Mondays  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

I wouldn’t be able to cope with it back home in the UK, but right now, I’m living on a tiny tropical island in the middle of the Atlantic, so if I’m not in work, all I’m doing is sunbathing, going for walks, going to the beach, hanging out in the bar or watching TV :P. As a result, I’m pretty much free to go into work whenever, and the shifts here aren’t that busy, so there’s a lot of sitting around even when I am in the office.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab