Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Financial Evidence - Temporary or Permanent Employment?  (Read 1378 times)

• Liked: 1
I know this question has been raised in the past, but it seems there wasn't a conclusive answer, so I was hoping for another perspective!

The new online application form only gives 2 choices to describe my husband's work contract: Temporary or Permanent.

His contract is a 3 year fixed-term contract. What should we select on the form? It's not "temporary" in the sense that it is seasonal, or has fluctuating hours, or is likely to end anytime soon. We can't say "permanent" though because his employer letter clarifies that his employment is fixed-term until 2022.

We're applying under Cat A with 6 months payslips as evidence. Has anyone else been in this specific situation? At the moment, I'm thinking to select "Temporary" and clarify in the comments box below, but I want to make sure that selecting "Temporary" doesn't switch us to Category B or have any other negative  consequences....

Thank you for reading! :) :)

Re: Spouse Visa Financial Evidence - Temporary or Permanent Employment?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:28:28 PM »
Hi all - Just wondering if anyone has been in this situation and can shed some light? Thank you!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »
Go with Temporary, because that’s what it is.

To say the job is permanent would be lying.

As long as the job doesn’t end in the next couple of months, it won’t be an issue for the visa. Since the contract doesn’t end until 2022 you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 12:34:00 AM »
Okay, thanks for your thoughts. Are we sure that "Temporary" employment doesn't require 12 months of pay slips?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:59 AM »
Okay, thanks for your thoughts. Are we sure that "Temporary" employment doesn't require 12 months of pay slips?

No, why would it?

What determines Category A vs. Category B is how long he has been employed by the company and how long he has been earning his current salary. If it’s more than 6 months for both of those, then you can apply under Category A. If it’s less than 6 months for either, then it’s Category B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links