Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I need help!  (Read 10472 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: I need help!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 07:44:53 AM »
ok, so a group of friends raised enough money for my ticket, and all the costs to take my dog along as checked baggage.

so the only thing left is my passport. can i contact the us embassy about this? i am WAY too scared to try to contact home office, cause i have no clue what happened with my last visa application or what my current status is.
You are for sure an illegal overstayer.  Best thing to do is send your dog back ASAP and have someone stateside collect him then turn yourself in to the HO and get yourself properly sorted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »
You are for sure an illegal overstayer.  Best thing to do is send your dog back ASAP and have someone stateside collect him then turn yourself in to the HO and get yourself properly sorted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

i don’t see this as an option. my mental state has reached a point that i am suicidal without my dog. plus shipping pets cost more than i have.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:12:35 AM by FinnickMom »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 08:25:30 AM »
i don’t see this as an option. my mental state has reached a point that i am suicidal without my dog. plus shipping pets cost more than i have.

I don't know what advice you're expecting to get from us, to be honest. There is no possible way for you to legally stay in the UK with your dog. It's not gonna happen, so if you're looking for an easy solution here, there isn't one.

You cannot qualify for a visa to stay, and you can't remain here as an overstayer, with no money, no passport, unable to work, no access to the NHS etc... that's no kind of life at all.

So, I'm sorry, but you don't really have any other options here.

You need to return to the US, so either:
- you arrange for your dog to go back to the US ahead of you, and then you get yourself back to the US
OR
- you go back to the US without your dog

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »
I don't know what advice you're expecting to get from us, to be honest. There is no possible way for you to legally stay in the UK with your dog. It's not gonna happen, so if you're looking for an easy solution here, there isn't one.

You cannot qualify for a visa to stay, and you can't remain here as an overstayer, with no money, no passport, unable to work, no access to the NHS etc... that's no kind of life at all.

So, I'm sorry, but you don't really have any other options here.

You need to return to the US, so either:
- you arrange for your dog to go back to the US ahead of you, and then you get yourself back to the US
OR
- you go back to the US without your dog

i don’t want to stay here. i have what i need to get my dog and i back together, i just need my passport. i’m asking if i can contact the embassy to help with this to avoid complications with immigration detention, which would put me at great risk if i am separated from my dog.

please understand i’m on the edge here, and try not to be so antagonistic towards someone in my state.

just suggesting separation from him makes me physically ill.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 08:40:15 AM »
please understand i’m on the edge here, and try not to be so antagonistic towards someone in my state.

just suggesting separation from him makes me physically ill.

No-one is being antagonistic toward you (quite the opposite, we are going out of our way to try to help) but obviously being told things you don't want to hear is upsetting. Unfortunately that's the nature of the situation you are in.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 08:49:52 AM »
ok, so a group of friends raised enough money for my ticket, and all the costs to take my dog along as checked baggage.

so the only thing left is my passport. can i contact the us embassy about this? i am WAY too scared to try to contact home office, cause i have no clue what happened with my last visa application or what my current status is.

No harm contacting them and seeing what they say.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 08:51:09 AM »
No-one is being antagonistic toward you (quite the opposite, we are going out of our way to try to help) but obviously being told things you don't want to hear is upsetting. Unfortunately that's the nature of the situation you are in.

can you answer my question about going to the us embassy? do i need an appointment? how do i make one if so? or can i walk in?

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 08:56:09 AM »
can you answer my question about going to the us embassy? do i need an appointment? how do i make one if so? or can i walk in?

You could try this.  https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/contact-us-scs/special-consular-services-contact-form/

And see here. https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:58:47 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »
Hi - you need to book an appointment if youre wanting to apply for a new passport (i dont believe they will be able to get your existing US passport back as we can't even be sure UKVI still has it).

I can't find a clear answer quickly at the moment but my understanding is that you always need an appointment to see somebody at the embassy. Your best bet is to call and ask, as already suggested. Phone them and see what they can advise you on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 09:03:02 AM »

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2020, 09:04:03 AM »
so could i just apply for an emergency limited passport?

You would have to ask them.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2020, 09:20:50 AM »
so could i just apply for an emergency limited passport?
We won't be able to give you any definite answers as i'm not sure i can recall anybody going through this situation before where you would be an overstayer looking to try to get a passport back before travelling - especially when you need to ensure you travel back with a pet at the same time. Honestly, i think the only way you'll get definitive answer for this is to speak directly to the embassy.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 08:35:51 AM »
How are you getting on @FinnickMom , any updates?

• Liked: 342
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 11:19:06 AM »
Are you sure UKVI has your passport?
As you have your flight money, you could just contact UKVI and say you want voluntary departure back to your country. They can arrange to return your passport to you at the airport/when you are on your flight. You would need to contact them before you arrange your flight, to ensure they will be at the airport with your passport.
You can read more about this here-
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/834061/voluntary-and-assisted-returns-v2.0.pdf

You might prefer to do what others have suggested and go through your own embassy.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:21:28 AM by Sirius »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 12:41:52 PM »
Hi FinnickMom, how are you getting on?
Just  been catching up on this thread and hope you found some means to get back to the USA
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab