Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) Documents and basics  (Read 660 times)

• Liked: 52
FLR (M) Documents and basics
« on: February 06, 2020, 02:16:51 PM »
Hi all-

I am way ahead of the game. I cant apply for FLR(M) until July 12, that being 28 days before my official 30-month anniversary of August 9, 2020,  but I don't want any surprises. Here is where I am so far.

In getting my supporting documents in order, which I have listed below, I am wondering if I have an issue with one. For November of 2018, we have a joint water bill. The only issue being it actually has three names on the bill mine (applicant), my wife (sponsor) and her father. The back story on this and this will part of our application, is that we are living in my in-laws flat with their permission. In my initial application, we included a letter from them granting us permission to live in the flat and their supporting ownership documents. We will, of course, be supplying another letter as such and the deeds again with this application.

Does anyone think his name AND our names on this ONE bill will be an issue?

I should have a straight forward application. Married, no kids, and have the finances covered from savings on the sale of our home back in the states. Although we both have jobs I am told savings is the most straight forward way to go on the application if you have it so will keep things simple.

Can one start the application before the 28 days and keep it "active" until you are ready to send?

What's the correct website for FLR (M)?

Here is what I have, or will have, for my supporting docs.... any thoughts would be appreciated.

July 2018
Sponsor: NHS Letter
Applicant: NHS Letter

November 2018
Joint Water Bill (This might be an issue see above question.)

March 2019
Sponsor: USA bank Statement mailed to UK address
Applicant: USA bank Statement mailed to UK address

July 2019
Sponsor: USA bank Statement mailed to UK address

November 2019
Joint Electric bill.

March 2020
Applicant: USA bank Statement mailed to UK address

Thanks in advance for all the help and support.

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR (M) Documents and basics
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 02:36:31 PM »
Does anyone think his name AND our names on this ONE bill will be an issue?

Nope, not a problem. The application even has a third party consent declaration for a third party to sign if they are named on any of the bills you are providing. So, he will need to sign the declaration to give permission for them to use his information.

I should have a straight forward application. Married, no kids, and have the finances covered from savings on the sale of our home back in the states. Although we both have jobs I am told savings is the most straight forward way to go on the application if you have it so will keep things simple.

Yes, if you are using savings to meet the financial requirement, DO NOT mention either of your employment on the application form.

Can one start the application before the 28 days and keep it "active" until you are ready to send?

Yes, you can - can't remember how long it stays active for though - might be 120 days?

What's the correct website for FLR (M)?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm/apply-online-form-flr-m

Here is what I have, or will have, for my supporting docs.... any thoughts would be appreciated.

July 2018
Sponsor: NHS Letter

November 2018
Joint Water Bill (This might be an issue see above question.) - not an issue

March 2019
Applicant: USA bank Statement mailed to UK address

July 2019

November 2019
Joint Electric bill.

March 2020
Applicant: USA bank Statement mailed to UK address

Looks good to me :). If you were/are living with her parents, you will also need a letter from them confirming that you have been living with them for the last 2 years (this is separate to the letter for the accommodation evidence which gives permission for you to continue living with them).

Don't forget, these are just your correspondence documents for the relationship evidence... and are not all of the supporting documents needed for the visa.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »
Looks good to me :). If you were/are living with her parents, you will also need a letter from them confirming that you have been living with them for the last 2 years (this is separate to the letter for the accommodation evidence which gives permission for you to continue living with them).

We have actually not been living with them. They own the flat and are kind enough to let us use it until they retire. (We are blessed.) We have been paying the bills and the council tax obviously, although the council tax remains in their name to not complicate things when they move in in the next couple of years.
I plan to submit an updated version of the housing letter I submitted for my visa for my FLRM for the housing. It was a letter from them granting us permission to live in the flat... etc etc.

Don't forget, these are just your correspondence documents for the relationship evidence... and are not all of the supporting documents needed for the visa.

Oh.... I know I need our passports copied and a copy of my biometric card. What else...???
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 03:34:53 PM »
We have actually not been living with them. They own the flat and are kind enough to let us use it until they retire. (We are blessed.)

Ah, sorry - I read 'living in' as 'living with'. In that case, you only need the permission letter from them and not one for the relationship requirement.

I plan to submit an updated version of the housing letter I submitted for my visa for my FLRM for the housing. It was a letter from them granting us permission to live in the flat... etc etc.

Yes, that letter is mandatory, and should be dated as close to your application date as possible.

Oh.... I know I need our passports copied and a copy of my biometric card. What else...???

You'll need:

Application documents:
- application form and IHS surcharge number
- applicant's US passport
- applicant's BRP card
- sponsor's passport (all pages)

Financial requirement
- 6 full months of bank statements showing the balance has not fallen below £62,500 for even 1 day (these must either be original statements sent to you in the mail, or if they have been printed from online, they either must be stamped by the bank on every page, or accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the bank)
- declaration of the source of the savings (i.e. house sale documents)

Accommodation requirement
- In-law's Land Registry document
- latest original mortgage statement (if they have a mortgage)
- latest council tax bill
- letter from in-laws giving you permission to live in the property

Relationship requirement
- marriage certificate
- any divorce decrees if either of you have been married before
- your 6 items of correspondence showing you have been living together for the last 2 years

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 07:06:44 PM »
Financial requirement - 6 full months of bank statements showing the balance has not fallen below £62,500 for even 1 day (these must either be original statements sent to you in the mail.

We got this covered.... but the money is still in a US bank. They mail the statements to us here in the UK but is it going to be an issue that this money is not all here in the UK?
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 07:21:23 PM »
We got this covered.... but the money is still in a US bank. They mail the statements to us here in the UK but is it going to be an issue that this money is not all here in the UK?

Not an issue. They use the closing spot rate on Onada.com on the day you apply, to work out the amount in GBP.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 07:26:53 PM »
OOOHHH what a relief...we had a little bit of a freak out on that one... thanks for getting back so quick. ;D ;D ;D
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 07:33:06 PM »
OOOHHH what a relief...we had a little bit of a freak out on that one... thanks for getting back so quick. ;D ;D ;D

Worry not! You can read it here.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 07:50:47 PM »
Thanks so much larrabee and ksand24,

I did just read over the official .gov page and the financial requirement pdf. Does seem pretty straight forward.
But....

Application documents:
- application form and IHS surcharge number
- applicant's US passport
- applicant's BRP card
- sponsor's passport (all pages)

As I am reading this... I (applicant) have to send in my original US passport and BRP...AND my wife (sponsor) as to send in her original UK passport also??? Am I reading this right?? How long am I/we gonna be without a passport? Would like to travel this summer...ya know...
UK Spouse Visa

FLR (M) Documents and basics
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 08:00:32 PM »
Thanks so much larrabee and ksand24,

I did just read over the official .gov page and the financial requirement pdf. Does seem pretty straight forward.
But....

As I am reading this... I (applicant) have to send in my original US passport and BRP...AND my wife (sponsor) as to send in her original UK passport also??? Am I reading this right?? How long am I/we gonna be without a passport? Would like to travel this summer...ya know...

Actually, everything is scanned now, so you scan your passport and BRP, and you scan every page of the sponsor’s BRP, and you don’t actually send anything to UKVI.

Biometrics are now taken at UKVCAS centres, and you have the choice of whether to scan and upload all your documents at home, or whether to pay for UKVCAS to scan them for you.

However, I don’t believe you should travel while you are waiting for your visa decision.

Applications are taking up to 8 weeks to be processed, or you can pay £800 for Super Priority to get a decision within 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links