Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applied for Spouse Visa and 'Decision Made'  (Read 822 times)

• Liked: 5
Applied for Spouse Visa and 'Decision Made'
« on: February 15, 2020, 11:59:16 PM »
We submitted our application on line on 8 January 2020. Biometrics was completed on 16 January. Sent documents on 16 January. Received email from VISAINFO.SHEFO yesterday stating a decision has been made and I should be receiving my documents shortly. Although the email does not state if the decision was approved or disapproved, I have to assume it was approved.  Or they would  be requesting additional information I assume. Is this the normal email? No expediting was purchased. UPS tracking has documents leaving New York and arriving in New Jersey this morning. So I should get the documents including passport in the next few days. That was 37 days from on line submittal to a decision -  not bad.

That is calendar days.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 12:44:03 AM by wolfden01 »

• Liked: 3597
Applied for Spouse Visa and 'Decision Made'
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:04:37 AM »
Congrats on getting your decision made email :).

The email sent out is usually generic regardless of the decision, and they don’t always ask for more information, so you can’t assume it was approved. You won’t know for sure if you have been approved or not until you get your passport back.

In terms of the processing time, they work on business days from biometrics... so for you it was 21 working days, which is about normal, since I believe they now say the priority processing time is 20 working days :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Applied for Spouse Visa and 'Decision Made'
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:32:09 PM »
The UPS just delivered my documents returned from New York with entry clearance in the passport and letter to take to pick up the BRP.  Dates for entry (6 April to 8 May) are based on our request to be here for our son's birthday.  Now I can have my brother-in-law load up our fridge with beer.  My wife's sister has been looking after the house while we are in the states. Now we can plan our flights for best price. We will be living in Lowestoft and pick up the BRP in Norwich. Just letting you know the application was approved.

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 10:53:28 PM »
The UPS just delivered my documents returned from New York with entry clearance in the passport and letter to take to pick up the BRP.  Dates for entry (6 April to 8 May) are based on our request to be here for our son's birthday.  Now I can have my brother-in-law load up our fridge with beer.  My wife's sister has been looking after the house while we are in the states. Now we can plan our flights for best price. We will be living in Lowestoft and pick up the BRP in Norwich. Just letting you know the application was approved.

Congratulations!  ;D

• Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 06:20:28 AM »
Congratulations!!
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

• Insta
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
Congratulations.

My fiance in Arizona just got the 'decision has been made' email today (submitted mid Jan). I had a rush of nervous excitement and then frustration that there is no way of knowing the result until the passport is returned. Not sure I will be able to sleep until I know.
Phil x

• Liked: 387
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
Congratulations!

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 06:24:58 PM »
Congratulations.

My fiance in Arizona just got the 'decision has been made' email today (submitted mid Jan). I had a rush of nervous excitement and then frustration that there is no way of knowing the result until the passport is returned. Not sure I will be able to sleep until I know.
Phil x

Good luck!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 11:42:42 PM »
Congratulations.

Phil x

Good luck!

• Insta
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 07:01:39 PM »
Passport just arrived with the entry clearance sticker. So happy

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 11:32:53 AM »
Passport just arrived with the entry clearance sticker. So happy

Congratulations!

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »
Now looking for advise.
Who can I contact to revise dates...
Right now we are approved to enter UK  8 April to 8 May.  We have airline scheduled for departing Atlanta 28 April and arriving UK on 29th. We would have 10 days to get to the designated PO to pick up th BRP.  The PO is still open. The airlines have not yet cancelled our reservations.  Maybe too far in future. I am 77 and wife is 66. Not a good age to be traveling right now.  I have some time to work this out, but have no contact with UK sites or phone numbers to find out if there are any plans to cover people in our situation.  I am sure the authorities have the same problem - not knowing the future.  Just some thoughts - any advise or contact ifo would be appreciated.

Ps. Our hearts and prayers go out to the people that have lost jobs and income during this time.. Makes my problem seem small.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 03:56:52 PM »
Now looking for advise.
Who can I contact to revise dates...
Right now we are approved to enter UK  8 April to 8 May.  We have airline scheduled for departing Atlanta 28 April and arriving UK on 29th. We would have 10 days to get to the designated PO to pick up th BRP.  The PO is still open. The airlines have not yet cancelled our reservations.  Maybe too far in future. I am 77 and wife is 66. Not a good age to be traveling right now.  I have some time to work this out, but have no contact with UK sites or phone numbers to find out if there are any plans to cover people in our situation.  I am sure the authorities have the same problem - not knowing the future.  Just some thoughts - any advise or contact ifo would be appreciated.

Ps. Our hearts and prayers go out to the people that have lost jobs and income during this time.. Makes my problem seem small.

Do not take any unnecessary risks with your health. The UK government are  busy making contingency plans for every scenario, they are not necessarily complete though as everything is evolving so fast.

But hopefully they will be able to help you here.

.Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre
If you have immigration queries related to coronavirus, please email the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre.

Email: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk. Your email must be in English.
We’ll reply to your email within 5 working days.

You can also call the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre. If you’ve emailed the help centre already, please do not contact them by phone.

Telephone: 0800 678 1767 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

Calls are free of charge.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Please let us know how it goes.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 04:32:35 PM »
Exactly as Larrabee says, there WILL be a way around this, so don't lose any sleep over it.  But it's likely they won't be able to help quite yet. 

Very trivial but I have airline tickets booked for Easter weekend.  I cannot request my refund until 72 hours before the flight, as they are trying to work through the people who have flights for the NEXT 72 hours. 

My guess will be that you will need to let the window for entry come and go.  And then they will either say, "Enter when you can" after restrictions are lifted or your'll mail your passport for a new sticker with new dates.  But that's just an absolute guess.  I have ZERO evidence to go on. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab