Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Coronavirus Immigration Guidance  (Read 4215 times)

• Liked: 1327
Coronavirus Immigration Guidance
« on: February 29, 2020, 11:11:52 AM »
Due to travel restrictions because of coronavirus some individuals may be facing uncertainty in relation to the expiry date of their current visa or leave to remain in the United Kingdom. The Home Office understands that in many cases this is because of circumstances outside of your control.

Subject to the below guidance, most people in the UK whose immigration status is affected by the coronavirus outbreak will get an automatic extension of their visa until 31 March 2020.

Read the guidance below to find out if your visa will be automatically extended or if you need to contact the Home Office’s dedicated coronavirus immigration helpline to discuss your circumstances and arrange an extension.

Contents

- Chinese nationals in the UK whose visa has recently expired or is about to expire
    - Non-Chinese, non-EEA nationals in the UK normally resident in China
    - Chinese nationals in the UK whose visa was granted by Irish authorities (British Irish Visa Scheme (BIVS)
    - Chinese nationals in the UK whose visa was granted by the Crown Dependencies
    - Switching to a Tier 2 category in the UK
    - Information for Chinese or third country nationals in China
    - British nationals in China who need to apply for a passport
    - Licensed Tier 2, Tier 4 or Tier 5 sponsors: absences due to coronavirus
    - Additional immigration queries
    - Coronavirus Immigration Helpline
    - Additional resources

Link to the .gov page that explains your status and how to obtain documentation of any extensions:  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-immigration-guidance-if-youre-unable-to-return-to-china-from-the-uk

I imagine South Korea will be added rather soon, and potentially Italy, as well.  It might be useful to keep watching that page for updates.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:15:14 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 342
Re: Coronavirus Immigration Guidance
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 03:49:00 PM »
I imagine South Korea will be added rather soon, and potentially Italy, as well.

I can't see Italy being added as they are EU citizens and can live in any of the 27 EU countries, or the 3 EEA countires Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, or the non-EU/EEA country Switzerland. Plus the UK too atm.

I do wonder if the EU's open borders of Schengen, will close? News reports that people can leave infected northern areas of Italy by road and no checks are made as they drive through any Schengen country. At airports in Italy, they are making health checks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

• Liked: 672
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 05:20:34 PM »
Isn't it kind of really too late to worry about borders? It's everywhere now.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 01:25:35 AM »

It looks like some Schengen countries are going to be closing their open borders.
https://www.thelocal.dk/20200313/breaking-denmark

• Liked: 716
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 08:46:52 AM »

When my roof leaks I still get it fixed to stop more water coming in.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »
When my roof leaks I still get it fixed to stop more water coming in.
It's worth considering that our country is the vector now too, because of how poor the management has been here. They need to keep us out of other countries, and quarantine the people that arrive from here. :(

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 149
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »
It's worth considering that our country is the vector now too, because of how poor the management has been here. They need to keep us out of other countries, and quarantine the people that arrive from here. :(

You keep mentioning how bad the management has been....I don't see it that way at all. Could it have been better? Sure.....hind-site is a wonderful thing. Should they have taken a tougher stance earlier? Maybe....but how many zillions of things have I done that I wish I had "managed" better? Which countries have done a perfect job with dealing with this issue? I don't think there are any, some have done a little better than others.
Fred

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
You keep mentioning how bad the management has been....I don't see it that way at all. Could it have been better? Sure.....hind-site is a wonderful thing. Should they have taken a tougher stance earlier? Maybe....but how many zillions of things have I done that I wish I had "managed" better? Which countries have done a perfect job with dealing with this issue? I don't think there are any, some have done a little better than others.
Epidemiologists around the world are shocked with the current approaches. I guess I trust scientists and dont trust a government that hasn't released the data models for their very out of step approach? Yeah, hindsight is everything, but even with rapidly developing stuff there are experts to lean on, and I still personally feel like this government wants the elderly and disabled dead, whom are the most affected by this. I don't want to die because Boris has a fantasy about herd immunity when the evidence doesn't support that theory.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 04:09:50 PM »
What should we be doing differently? 

• Liked: 149
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 04:22:21 PM »
and I still personally feel like this government wants the elderly and disabled dead, whom are the most affected by this. I don't want to die because Boris has a fantasy about herd immunity when the evidence doesn't support that theory.

You really think the Govt wants old and/or disabled people dead?? I wouldn't even accuse Trump of that......and I think he's guilty of a whole lot of things.
Fred

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 05:00:24 PM »
Epidemiologists around the world are shocked with the current approaches. I guess I trust scientists and dont trust a government that hasn't released the data models for their very out of step approach? Yeah, hindsight is everything, but even with rapidly developing stuff there are experts to lean on, and I still personally feel like this government wants the elderly and disabled dead, whom are the most affected by this. I don't want to die because Boris has a fantasy about herd immunity when the evidence doesn't support that theory.

The government is following the advice of the Chief Science Officer and the Chief Medical Officer. It is those 2 who say that the computer models they run are providing the data on which they have made these recommendations. They have promised to publish the data in the coming days.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 05:07:55 PM by durhamlad »

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »
You really think the Govt wants old and/or disabled people dead?? I wouldn't even accuse Trump of that......and I think he's guilty of a whole lot of things.
Unfortunately, there was evidence to support that belief long before this pandemic, but I genuinely don't have the energy to fight. And like I said, that is my personal belief so I am already not trusting this government, and they are doing nothing to reassure me that they have any concern for the vulnerable at this point in time. They are forgetting that carers and healthcare workers are among that herd they want to catch this, that people are carriers of the virus with no symptoms, and many of the pockets of many deaths are around care homes in other countries. My opinion on the orange cheeto is also not a good one, but I have focused my energy on what is happening in the UK.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
I felt like this You Tube video explained to me the theory the government is hoping will save the NHS from being overwhelmed.

• Liked: 672
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 09:17:47 PM »
That's a good video to explain it.

I watched a session with NY Gov. Cuomo tonight. (I have to say, I'm really impressed with that guy now.) He showed a graphic of a tsunami wave and a hospital. He said the wave was coming in, and could not be stopped. All that they could hope to do was make the wave a little lower and the hospital a bit higher. Good man, that will explain it to a lot of people who otherwise aren't quite getting it.

While the Eugenics movement, according to the Daughter, was started in the UK, I don't think there's any real plan to get rid of us sick old geezers yet. Although it could be seen that way, sometimes.  Margo, you seem to really be struggling with this. Is there anything we can do to help?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:24:01 PM by Nan D. »

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 10:02:04 PM »
Need video kfDancer, shows the theory very well

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab