Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID19 - How it's affecting you  (Read 24354 times)

• Liked: 42
Re: COVID19 - How it's affecting you
« Reply #645 on: September 23, 2020, 10:39:14 PM »
My husband and I have been lucky enough to work in jobs that went remote back in March. My company has now stated we won't be returning to any office until at least the new year, and they are arranging permanent remote work contracts for a lot of us long-term.

When I left the States I was already 2 years into a course of cancer medication that would need to continue for another 3 years. In the time since I started taking it, it destroyed my teeth - so many cavities, crowns, issues I had never had before. Stupid me, I wasn't having issues when we arrived so I never registered with a dentist.

Fast forward to 2020 COVID, and the moment we got locked down my wisdom tooth started being a problem and getting infected. Since I had never registered with the dentist, I was relegated to calling 111 to try to get some kind of emergency appointment. Since I was not in constant pain and/or bleeding out, I was told 'here's some antibiotics, take paracetamol until ETA?'  I'm now on my second course of antibiotics, while I wait for God knows how long to get a hospital appointment to have it removed. Now I have daily pain and am taking paracetamol daily, so I was finally able to get in to see an emergency dentist last week, but he can't say when the hospital will be able to fit me in. Could be a few weeks, could be months, and I should just come back for more antibiotics as needed.

In the meantime, I am struggling with phone appointments to a breast surgeon due to issues with my reconstruction that was done back in 2015. Had multiple ultrasounds, MRI, scans, blood work, and no answers. So that continues... he sounded very annoyed when I had my last call in May and told him I wanted another follow-up. That call is next week, so will see how that goes!

Now with a possible second lockdown looming, we are not required to shield but have not left the house in months except for necessities. I don't know when I will get to visit my mother back in the States again, and with the backlog of visas I wouldn't risk traveling without deeming my application withdrawn. So, we wait. Hope you're all staying safe xx
Entered U.K.: December 2017
Applied: FLR(M)
Date: 16 June 2020
Biometric reuse email: 23 July 2020
Eligible for IDV app email: 01 August 2020
Delayed processing email: 05 August 2020
IDV invite: 07 September 2020
Opted out of IDV app: 07 September 2020
Biometrics: 10 September 2020
Escalated: 05 October 2020
Decision: 16 October 2020

• Liked: 5720
« Reply #646 on: September 24, 2020, 06:46:09 AM »
My husband and I have been lucky enough to work in jobs that went remote back in March. My company has now stated we won't be returning to any office until at least the new year, and they are arranging permanent remote work contracts for a lot of us long-term.

When I left the States I was already 2 years into a course of cancer medication that would need to continue for another 3 years. In the time since I started taking it, it destroyed my teeth - so many cavities, crowns, issues I had never had before. Stupid me, I wasn't having issues when we arrived so I never registered with a dentist.

Fast forward to 2020 COVID, and the moment we got locked down my wisdom tooth started being a problem and getting infected. Since I had never registered with the dentist, I was relegated to calling 111 to try to get some kind of emergency appointment. Since I was not in constant pain and/or bleeding out, I was told 'here's some antibiotics, take paracetamol until ETA?'  I'm now on my second course of antibiotics, while I wait for God knows how long to get a hospital appointment to have it removed. Now I have daily pain and am taking paracetamol daily, so I was finally able to get in to see an emergency dentist last week, but he can't say when the hospital will be able to fit me in. Could be a few weeks, could be months, and I should just come back for more antibiotics as needed.

In the meantime, I am struggling with phone appointments to a breast surgeon due to issues with my reconstruction that was done back in 2015. Had multiple ultrasounds, MRI, scans, blood work, and no answers. So that continues... he sounded very annoyed when I had my last call in May and told him I wanted another follow-up. That call is next week, so will see how that goes!

Now with a possible second lockdown looming, we are not required to shield but have not left the house in months except for necessities. I don't know when I will get to visit my mother back in the States again, and with the backlog of visas I wouldn't risk traveling without deeming my application withdrawn. So, we wait. Hope you're all staying safe xx

I am so sorry. Sending you hugs.

• Liked: 551
« Reply #647 on: September 24, 2020, 08:24:04 AM »
Still going in to the office every day.
Asked again yesterday about working from home, and told them that I would even buy all my own equipment ... laptop, monitors, etc, and was still told no, and that there would be no additional people working from home this year apart from the ones already doing so.

HATE MY COMPANY.  [smiley=shout.gif]

• Liked: 5720
« Reply #648 on: September 24, 2020, 08:33:56 AM »
Asked again yesterday about working from home, and told them that I would even buy all my own equipment ... laptop, monitors, etc, and was still told no, and that there would be no additional people working from home this year apart from the ones already doing so.

Is there someone else you can ask, go a bit higher up? Are you a member of a union?

.Organisations should make every reasonable effort to make working from home the default position. Where a worker can perform their work from home, they should continue to do so.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-homeworking/

• Liked: 42
« Reply #649 on: September 24, 2020, 10:23:11 AM »
I am so sorry. Sending you hugs.

Thanks larrabee ❤️ We slog on 😊
Entered U.K.: December 2017
Applied: FLR(M)
Date: 16 June 2020
Biometric reuse email: 23 July 2020
Eligible for IDV app email: 01 August 2020
Delayed processing email: 05 August 2020
IDV invite: 07 September 2020
Opted out of IDV app: 07 September 2020
Biometrics: 10 September 2020
Escalated: 05 October 2020
Decision: 16 October 2020

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 741
« Reply #650 on: September 25, 2020, 11:19:49 AM »

Oh that's horrible!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 284
« Reply #651 on: November 02, 2020, 03:22:46 PM »

That is bang out of order. I would look at forcing the issue, get a few people gathered and make them perform a u-turn.
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 0
« Reply #652 on: November 28, 2020, 09:12:12 PM »
Hi,

Haven’t been able to find anything useful on the government website.

Has anybody had any experience of having their US-based family visiting the UK?

I know that it is not on the travel exemption list so my visitors would be house-bound. However, can I legally have my American family stay with me in tier 3?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab