Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) advice for income requirements/bank account  (Read 482 times)

• Liked: 16
FLR(M) advice for income requirements/bank account
« on: March 20, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
Hi guys

Unfortunately I think we've messed up quite badly for our application.

My wife (USA citizen) has been working for the past two years, but her salary has been paid into a bank account in my name only (UK national). We naively assumed that this would not be an issue, but now we're filling out the forms we've spotted the requirement for:

"Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly"

I have recently had her name added to this bank account, so she should be on the statement for her final payslip payment, but the bank have said they can't retrospectively add her name to previous statements.

Does anyone have any advice for us about what we can possibly do? Or is this something that we're unlikely to be able to rectify?

Thanks...

Re: FLR(M) advice for income requirements/bank account
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »
Also had one other question about

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

My wife has recently changed jobs. Does that mean we need two letters or just one from the most recent employer?

Thanks!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 07:01:10 AM »
Hi guys

Unfortunately I think we've messed up quite badly for our application.

My wife (USA citizen) has been working for the past two years, but her salary has been paid into a bank account in my name only (UK national). We naively assumed that this would not be an issue, but now we're filling out the forms we've spotted the requirement for:

"Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly"

I have recently had her name added to this bank account, so she should be on the statement for her final payslip payment, but the bank have said they can't retrospectively add her name to previous statements.

Does anyone have any advice for us about what we can possibly do? Or is this something that we're unlikely to be able to rectify?

Thanks...

I remember this happening once before.

The initial thread. https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=95925.msg1272112#msg1272112

The update. She got the visa. https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=96461.msg1279890#msg1279890

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 07:03:50 AM »
Also had one other question about

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

My wife has recently changed jobs. Does that mean we need two letters or just one from the most recent employer?

Thanks!

I believe you just need a letter from the current employer. She will be applying under category B in that case.

Presumably you are not able to meet the income requirement without her pay? If you make enough by yourself, it would be easier to leave hers out.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »
Thanks so much larrabee! That definitely helps us feel a little more at ease...

Guess having a word with Medivisa might be a good call though!

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 02:27:50 PM »
Thanks so much larrabee! That definitely helps us feel a little more at ease...

Guess having a word with Medivisa might be a good call though!

That would be the best idea.  Please let us know how you get on.  :)

Sponsored Links