Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Life in the UK test rescheduled  (Read 331 times)

• Liked: 19
Life in the UK test rescheduled
« on: March 22, 2020, 12:46:42 PM »
Hi all,

Just found out a couple of days ago that my life in the uk test, which was scheduled for this past Saturday (21/03), has now been rescheduled to 18/04. My visa/brp expires the beginning of June, and I was planning to apply for my ILR sort of first or second week of May.  My worry is, that since things are so uncertain pertaining to timelines of pretty much everything right now because of the virus, what will happen if my life in the uk test continues to be rescheduled until I run out of time to take it before I have to send in my application.

No-one knows how long we will have to be staying at home, so I was wondering if anyone has run into this scenario, and what the home office's response is to those who have been unable to take the LIUKT before their visa expires due the rescheduling of tests.

Thanks in advance for any help.
It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Life in the UK test rescheduled
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 01:03:14 PM »
Hi all,

Just found out a couple of days ago that my life in the uk test, which was scheduled for this past Saturday (21/03), has now been rescheduled to 18/04. My visa/brp expires the beginning of June, and I was planning to apply for my ILR sort of first or second week of May.  My worry is, that since things are so uncertain pertaining to timelines of pretty much everything right now because of the virus, what will happen if my life in the uk test continues to be rescheduled until I run out of time to take it before I have to send in my application.

No-one knows how long we will have to be staying at home, so I was wondering if anyone has run into this scenario, and what the home office's response is to those who have been unable to take the LIUKT before their visa expires due the rescheduling of tests.

Thanks in advance for any help.

No one knows.  They will issue guidance around all of this in due course. You won’t be penalised, of that I’m certain.

• Liked: 149
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 02:25:04 PM »
I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. I'm supposed to head to the Sopra office? in Leeds on Friday for my ILR appointment.....I'll believe it when I see it.
Fred

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »
No one knows.  They will issue guidance around all of this in due course. You won’t be penalised, of that I’m certain.

Thanks for that, will keep my eyes peeled for further guidance.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 02:58:05 PM »
I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. I'm supposed to head to the Sopra office? in Leeds on Friday for my ILR appointment.....I'll believe it when I see it.

Best of luck, hope everything goes ahead as planned.

Sponsored Links