Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for ILR (Set M) without Life in the UK test...  (Read 681 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for ILR (Set M) without Life in the UK test...
« on: March 31, 2020, 01:36:12 PM »
I was scheduled to take my Life in the UK test in March 21st, but that was postponed until April 14th and I've now received another email informing me that the test is rescheduled again for May 26th. I am skeptical if that will go forward at that time either, but we shall see. I have a few issues with the test being in May - one being that I was planning on applying for my IRL on May 16. I have between May 16 and June 9 to apply...HOWEVER, I am due with my baby on June 3rd, which poses a slight problem with the test if I go into labor early.

In the interest of time I was planning on applying on May 16th anyway and include the emails with the rescheduling dates along with a copy of my Mat B1 form to confirm my due date as an explanation as to why I am applying for IRL without a completed test. Does this sound like a sensible and reasonable plan? If possible, I wanted to get my biometrics done before the baby arrives. I think it would be too stressful after she is born in that short window of time. But also if I am late that also puts more pressure on time.

For reference, my entrance date to the UK was June 13, 2015. My BRP expires July 2, 2020.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Applying for ILR (Set M) without Life in the UK test...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
Ugh, what a terrible position to be in.

I would wait to apply until July 2nd if need be, so you can have the LIUK test done (if it's available).  If by that point you still haven't been able to sit the test, THEN include all the cancellations, etc. with a cover letter explaining.  It may be that they grant you a short extension to get it done, etc.  We will know more by then.

There is no point in trying to get the biometrics done before baby unless they reopen the biometrics centres (all currently closed).  And honestly, biometrics will baby isn't an issue.  They are mobile (babies) and they take only a couple of minutes.

I took my LIUK test 10 days before my second.  My biggest worry was needing to pee.  The woman running the centre understood my issue and let me pee immediately before and immediately after the test.  ;D   But thankfully I took the test about 6 months before my ILR was due.  But obviously no one could have foreseen the country literally closing until about a month ago. 

Try not to worry.  There *will* be an update on guidance about all of this in due course.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 01:58:06 PM »
Ugh, what a terrible position to be in.

I would wait to apply until July 2nd if need be, so you can have the LIUK test done (if it's available).  If by that point you still haven't been able to sit the test, THEN include all the cancellations, etc. with a cover letter explaining.  It may be that they grant you a short extension to get it done, etc.  We will know more by then.

There is no point in trying to get the biometrics done before baby unless they reopen the biometrics centres (all currently closed).  And honestly, biometrics will baby isn't an issue.  They are mobile (babies) and they take only a couple of minutes.

I took my LIUK test 10 days before my second.  My biggest worry was needing to pee.  The woman running the centre understood my issue and let me pee immediately before and immediately after the test.  ;D   But thankfully I took the test about 6 months before my ILR was due.  But obviously no one could have foreseen the country literally closing until about a month ago. 

Try not to worry.  There *will* be an update on guidance about all of this in due course.

Thanks for your response. I realized the I put this on the wrong board and not the visa board. I am hoping an admin sees this and moves the post!

Re applying on July 2 - I thought you had to apply 28 days before your BRP expires and have your biometrics completed before your BRP expires. Is that not the case?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 06:08:43 PM »

Thanks for your response. I realized the I put this on the wrong board and not the visa board. I am hoping an admin sees this and moves the post!

Re applying on July 2 - I thought you had to apply 28 days before your BRP expires and have your biometrics completed before your BRP expires. Is that not the case?

No, you just have to apply before the BRP expires. Biometrics can be completed afterwards.

Sponsored Links