Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Home-made dog food recipes  (Read 3038 times)

• Liked: 585
Home-made dog food recipes
« on: April 23, 2020, 03:26:10 PM »
I've spent the last few days playing with my new food dehydrator to make dog treats... unsuccessfully so far, but i will persevere! 

I've put that aside for now and started making dog food, as opposed to treats, using recipes from this site:

https://www.bdws.co.uk/category/dog-food-recipes/

I made the white fish/veg/couscous one, which went over fairly well... the hound didn't like the cabbage, but if i make it again i can try it with kale or something else.

I also made the sardine oatcakes, which he loved and completely beasted into!  :D

If anyone has experience using a dehydrator and can offer any advice, i'd be grateful... the 'instructions' that came with the contraption were fairly useless.

• Liked: 1892
Re: Home-made dog food recipes
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 03:41:09 PM »
Sardine Oatcakes!  That must be a happy dog. 

• Liked: 585
Re: Home-made dog food recipes
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 09:29:31 AM »
I made liver brownies last night.  Absolutely disgusting, and I very nearly boaked whilst mixing it up, but the hound loves them.  I made loads and bunged them in the freezer so I don't have to do them again for a while!  [smiley=puke.gif]

Time to replenish the sardine oatcakes... I only made a very small batch last time, as I didn't know if he'd eat them, but they were a big hit, so will make up some more in the next couple of days.

Sponsored Links