Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US passport renewal during pandemic  (Read 2064 times)

• Liked: 253
US passport renewal during pandemic
« on: April 26, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »
My passport is set to expire at the beginning of June, and I had budgeted to get that sorted out in March-April. But the pandemic, you know? I've been constantly checking the US embassy in London's website for updates, and it seems like they aren't doing passport renewals for the time being – just "emergency services only until further notice". I totally get that.

I just wanted to make sure that: if my passport expires before I'm able to send in an application for it to be renewed, my current FLR(M) visa will still be valid/I won't get kicked out the country because my visa will be invalidated without a new passport.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, but I've not found anywhere online that's given me a straight-forward answer. I do have the passport application all filled out and ready to go ASAP for when the embassy says renewals are available again. I'm just really paranoid given the time and circumstance and wondered if anyone had any knowledge on the subject.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 4985
Re: US passport renewal during pandemic
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:09:53 PM »
I think it’ll be fine if your passport expires.  No one could have predicted this.  Just do as you are planning, send it in for renewal when you can.  You can’t do anymore than that at the moment.

• Liked: 253
Re: US passport renewal during pandemic
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 01:15:28 PM »
I think it’ll be fine if your passport expires.  No one could have predicted this.  Just do as you are planning, send it in for renewal when you can.  You can’t do anymore than that at the moment.

That's what I thought, but yeah just the panic brain got me really worried yesterday
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

Sponsored Links