Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Traveling outside the UK with BRP- Coronavirus?  (Read 809 times)

• Liked: 3
Traveling outside the UK with BRP- Coronavirus?
« on: May 19, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »
Hello! I need to travel to Puerto Rico to see my grandpa who is ill and doesn't have much time left. I am currently in the UK under my first spouse visa. How long can I travel outside of the UK for with my BRP? I am concerned about not being able to get back to London if travel restrictions are extended due to coronavirus and I get stuck in Puerto Rico.
Any advice?
Thank you!
-Yanomy

• Liked: 4985
Re: Traveling outside the UK with BRP- Coronavirus?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »
Hello! I need to travel to Puerto Rico to see my grandpa who is ill and doesn't have much time left. I am currently in the UK under my first spouse visa. How long can I travel outside of the UK for with my BRP? I am concerned about not being able to get back to London if travel restrictions are extended due to coronavirus and I get stuck in Puerto Rico.
Any advice?
Thank you!
-Yanomy

There is no time restriction, but if away for a significant period (say more than a month) you will need to show unavoidable circumstances for you and your husband yo be apart (this would qualify, I would think).

Keep in mind you will need to self isolate for 14 days before seeing anyone when you land in Puerto Rico and the same upon your return to the UK.  That month of no contact with anyone else could be expensive and tough it working.

Big hugs.  I hope your grandfather improves.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 11:34:29 AM »
There is no time restriction, but if away for a significant period (say more than a month) you will need to show unavoidable circumstances for you and your husband yo be apart (this would qualify, I would think).

Keep in mind you will need to self isolate for 14 days before seeing anyone when you land in Puerto Rico and the same upon your return to the UK.  That month of no contact with anyone else could be expensive and tough it working.

Big hugs.  I hope your grandfather improves.

Thank you so much! Do you know what documents I will need to provide to show proof of unavoidable circumstances?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:56 PM »
Check with the airline.  I believe most are requiring documentation from the hospital to prove the travel is essential.

Sponsored Links