Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M).. about to click send....  (Read 625 times)

• Liked: 52
FLR(M).. about to click send....
« on: July 05, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
My application window opens in a couple of days so I am just double checking my application with a fine-tooth comb. A couple of questions about some questions I want to double-check I understand…

1-Do you have any Home Office Reference Numbers?
I don’t think so… think I would know if I did. What are they?

2-Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or extension, with your current partner?
Hmmm…. Same wife as I applied with two years ago.. but was that the first time? So No since that was the first time or Yes since this is an extension.  ???

3-When did you start living together? Got it.
Where HAVE you lived together?
This makes me feel like they want OLD addresses, not the present address? But the next question is about proof of present living address correspondence.
Do they want old or present?

4- What type of ceremony or was your wedding or civil partnership?
We were married at City Hall in NYC… so what? Wedding?

5-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
Not sure what to say to this… My wife entire extended family is here in the UK and is a major reason we moved to the UK. Is that a reason I should include?

6-Lastly… should I include a cover letter with my application and what should this include if so?

Thanks so much for all the help and support everyone....  really cant thank you all enough...

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M).. about to click send....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:12:54 AM »
1-Do you have any Home Office Reference Numbers?
I don’t think so… think I would know if I did. What are they?

No, you won't have any Home Office Reference Numbers... those are only issued on letters sent in-country, if you have been refused a visa, or if you have a special case application, such as a refugee or asylum application.

2-Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or extension, with your current partner?
Hmmm…. Same wife as I applied with two years ago.. but was that the first time? So No since that was the first time or Yes since this is an extension.  ???

The answer is No, because this is your second time applying for a settlement visa.

Your first time applying for a partner route was your spousal visa application, and now your second time applying is for your FLR(M) extension.

3-When did you start living together? Got it.
Where HAVE you lived together?
This makes me feel like they want OLD addresses, not the present address? But the next question is about proof of present living address correspondence.
Do they want old or present?

They want your present address.

4- What type of ceremony or was your wedding or civil partnership?
We were married at City Hall in NYC… so what? Wedding?

They want to know what TYPE of wedding ceremony you had... i.e. was it a religious ceremony or a civil ceremony?

5-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
Not sure what to say to this… My wife entire extended family is here in the UK and is a major reason we moved to the UK. Is that a reason I should include?

Include any reasons you can think of.

They will look at this answer if your visa falls for refusal and they need to decide whether they should allow you to stay in the UK under Article 8: Right to Family Life.

For example, your reasons for staying might be related to:
- family
- children
- career
- property ownership
etc.

6-Lastly… should I include a cover letter with my application and what should this include if so?

A cover letter is not needed unless you have anything specific you need to explain about your application or documents, such as previous refused visas, criminal convictions, unusual living circumstances (i.e. if you have had to live apart since the last visa was granted), explanations for documents not being in the correct format or not being included etc.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 08:29:17 AM »
ksand24--

You are always a lifesaver. I have a couple of things I need to change after asking.... thanks so much!!!  I'm sure I will be checking back in once I hit send and the waiting starts. Don't know how I would do this without this place..

Best,

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 06:27:58 PM »
So thanks to everyone I have completed the application and am in the process of uploading my "Mandatory and Other documents".

Im in good shape but one of the lines under "Other Documents" to upload has me scratching my head. Anyone know what this is..?

"Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks"

Thanks

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
So thanks to everyone I have completed the application and am in the process of uploading my "Mandatory and Other documents".

Im in good shape but one of the lines under "Other Documents" to upload has me scratching my head. Anyone know what this is..?

"Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks"

Thanks

NWKH
The declarations are part of the online application form, which I think you fill out and then upload.

There is the declaration of application to sign, plus the consent to verification checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 07:23:50 PM »
Yes. I do see those form...  gotcha.. thanks
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 10:37:24 AM »
Hi all..

So I have sent in my application and am now in the process of uploading my supporting documents. I am checking against the supplied list of required documents and one line states...

"A declaration by joint of the source(s) of the cash savings, Acct: ######"

For the financial requirement, we are going with the savings we acquired from the sale of our home in the US before moving. I have uploaded the relevant sale documents to support the source of this savings but is there a letter or "Declaration" required by us also or just the supporting documents?

I am also wanting to be clear about the "Family Consent" form. The savings mentioned above are in a joint account in both my wife and my names.
I understand that I should sign Part 1..."Consent for the Home Office to verify application information" and I THINK my wife should sign both 2..Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information and 3....Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor... BUT on the bottom of 3 it says... if a joint account all owners should sign. So I should sign that one also, right?

Thanks so much ... as always... now for the sleepless nights....
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »
Hi all..

So I have sent in my application and am now in the process of uploading my supporting documents. I am checking against the supplied list of required documents and one line states...

"A declaration by joint of the source(s) of the cash savings, Acct: ######"

For the financial requirement, we are going with the savings we acquired from the sale of our home in the US before moving. I have uploaded the relevant sale documents to support the source of this savings but is there a letter or "Declaration" required by us also or just the supporting documents?

I would include a statement from you detailing where the money came from and listing what documents you are providing to show this.

I am also wanting to be clear about the "Family Consent" form. The savings mentioned above are in a joint account in both my wife and my names.
I understand that I should sign Part 1..."Consent for the Home Office to verify application information" and I THINK my wife should sign both 2..Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information and 3....Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor... BUT on the bottom of 3 it says... if a joint account all owners should sign. So I should sign that one also, right?

The applicant signs Part 1

The sponsor signs Part 2

No one signs Part 3 because you are not allowed a third party sponsor for your application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 11:06:58 AM »
KSand24...

Always a lifesaver.... your good karma grows each day.... ;D ;D

Thanks
UK Spouse Visa

Sponsored Links