Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Passport Renewal / Travelling to the US  (Read 1949 times)

• Liked: 11
Passport Renewal / Travelling to the US
« on: July 06, 2020, 10:18:19 AM »
Hi all.
Hope everyone is navigating this tricky time as best possible and all in good health. I have a few questions, any input appreciated

We are UK + US citizen living in UK

1. We are desperate to go back to US to see family. I understand British Spouse can enter as can obviously US cit.
Are there quarantine rules on arrival in New York / New Jersey? Ie, if we came for 1 week and left, would that be not allowed because there is a 2 week quarantine?

2. Passport. US cit passport expires soon. Is there anyway to renew in the UK? What would happen travelling between Us/UK with little time on passport? Does anyone know if other countries are being more reasonable?

Thank you

• Liked: 672
Re: Passport Renewal / Travelling to the US
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 04:55:59 PM »
Hi all.
Hope everyone is navigating this tricky time as best possible and all in good health. I have a few questions, any input appreciated

We are UK + US citizen living in UK

1. We are desperate to go back to US to see family. I understand British Spouse can enter as can obviously US cit.
Are there quarantine rules on arrival in New York / New Jersey? Ie, if we came for 1 week and left, would that be not allowed because there is a 2 week quarantine?

2. Passport. US cit passport expires soon. Is there anyway to renew in the UK? What would happen travelling between Us/UK with little time on passport? Does anyone know if other countries are being more reasonable?

Thank you

Hi. You will have a two-week quarantine once you arrive at your final destination in NY/NJ. If it was any other part of the country I would think you could fudge a little (if you wished to chance infecting others), but I think they're going to check up on you in NY/NJ simply because they have a better-functioning monitoring system than elsewhere. Unless it's truly urgent - someone is critically ill - I wouldn't plan on going back for "a visit." You'll still have to wait two weeks to see them, even then. And then you'll have another two weeks in lockdown when you get back to the UK.

I suspect you can get home ok on an elderly passport. Not sure you can get back into the UK with one.  Here is the link to the US Embassy re: passports. https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/renew-an-adult-passport/

Good luck!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab