Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Embassy - register birth abroad  (Read 3015 times)

• Liked: 0
US Embassy - register birth abroad
« on: July 13, 2020, 11:54:47 AM »
Does anyone know when the US Embassy in London will be opening to register births abroad? I had my daughter in May and I am still waiting to get a birth certificate for her, but once I have that I would like to register her as a US Citizen born abroad and get her passport, etc. I keep looking on the website and it looks like there are no current or future appointments.

• Liked: 25
Re: US Embassy - register birth abroad
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 03:23:23 PM »
Hi Jules,

Did you ever manage to sort this out? We are planning on travelling to the US next year to see family, but our son doesn't have his US Passport yet. It's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any information. I really don't want to deal with the stress of an emergency appointment.

• Liked: 10
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 02:52:00 PM »
Just an update on this. I found the first appointments up on the US Embassy website today.

I literally grabbed the last one.

The good news is, it seems they are taking appointments again!
Priority Fiancé Visa Online App Submitted: 8 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 13 March 2019
Visa Received: 15 April 2019 (in-person pickup at VFS)
Total: 21 Business Days

FLR(M) approved: 24 September 2019
FLR(M) extended: 24 March 2022

• Liked: 25
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 03:13:18 PM »
Thank you for the update and congrats!

That's interesting. I've set up an alert system for their webpage on this topic, and it hasn't been updated since 8 March. They still seem to indicate that they are only accepting emergency appointments.

I guess I will just have to keep checking in on the actual appointment page and hope I snag a secret one!

Link to the page I've been monitoring:
U.S. passport, CRBA and travel information for U.S. citizens following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-american-citizens-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

Sponsored Links