Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Long-time Reade-r Now Registered  (Read 2116 times)

• Liked: 3
Long-time Reade-r Now Registered
« on: July 26, 2020, 06:58:55 PM »
Around 10 years ago I was googling for information about long-term visas and discovered this community.
 Having lived in Germany as part of the US Army for many years, the travails of Americans living abroad were of interest to me.

Although I have no intention of moving to the UK (unless they re-introduce the visa for old retired people), I do enjoy visiting and travelling through the UK. Most recently in summer 2019 from Manchester to Newcastle (ask me how to get 2 punctures in a rental car at the same time).

Almost 5 years ago my husband died and you became a supportive family even though I wasn’t registered.  I envy Greg and Tre; if I was many years younger I might follow their path.

The adventure of jfkimberly with her kitchen and wood shop is a true story of perseverance.  When Jimbo was in NC flying his kite and KFDancer was in Orlando (I live about 2 hours away) with a sick child I wished I could offer assistance or support.

I happily followed the Pass the Parcel when it started in 2017 and waited with baited breath to see what was making its way around the country. I commiserated with you all when it got purloined and cheered when a new parcel was started.

I marvel at the way you give visa information and accept the slings from those who think they know better (btw, where is that lawyer from Texas?).  And ksand24 following along from Ascension Island is going above and beyond.

I thought it was finally time to register and support this very useful, helpful and interesting community and although I don’t expect to contribute much useful information, I will be following along faithfully.

Cheers! George

• Liked: 6110
Re: Long-time Reade-r Now Registered
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 07:11:48 PM »
Wow George, you have been following along!
So glad you decided to join in finally. Welcome!  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:29:43 AM »
Hi George 
 You know it all!  :D  Glad you said hello!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 03:55:09 PM »
 ;D Glad to officially be here. I forgot to add my 2 fur babies - a 20 year old cat and 7 year old Dachshund - Butch.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 05:57:42 PM »
Well George, that was a lovely walk down memory lane!
The only thing is that you have violated the limit on cat pictures.  I'm afraid the server is dangerously overloaded and more cat pictures could exceed the storage quota.  Pictures of your dog are fine.
I'm guessing the lawyer from Texas is too embarrassed to post again after Trump has  gone full blown dictator and killed 140,000 Americans. 

• Liked: 163
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 06:43:24 PM »
I'm guessing the lawyer from Texas is too embarrassed to post again after Trump has  gone full blown dictator and killed 140,000 Americans.

Or possibly Putin shut down that department. :)

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 06:49:31 PM »
Last cat picture, I promise, Jim. Can't afford having the server go down.
Events of the past  6 months have certainly made many people re-evaluate.
I'm not sure we want to know everything Putin has his fingers in.

• Liked: 248
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 07:04:08 PM »
George you are going to fit in well here.  Anyone who has pets, and lots of pictures, is our friend!

Post away!

Sponsored Links