Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New Health and Care visa.  (Read 2112 times)

• Liked: 342
New Health and Care visa.
« on: August 07, 2020, 09:36:19 PM »
Health and Care visa:  started 4 August 2020.

"..fast-track entry, reduced visa fees, dedicated support to come to the UK with their famlies. In addition, as announced by the Prime Minister on 21 May, people applying for the Health and Care Visa, and their dependent family, will be exempt from paying the Immigration Health Surcharge. This offer will form part of the Tier 2 (General) regime for skilled workers"

More details on the guidance
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/900030/2020-07-13_Tier_2_Policy_Guidance.pdf

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 09:41:06 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 4985
Re: New Health and Care visa.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:09:29 PM »
Absolutely bull. I suspect the NHS workers in the ICU  came over in other ways. Such a shame.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 12:13:07 AM »
Absolutely bull. I suspect the NHS workers in the ICU  came over in other ways. Such a shame.
I had a feeling they would exclude family immigrants that work for the NHS. This government doesn't want us here and remind us with every new policy they create. I hope the employees make a stink in the media and they're forced to change this. But I also don't know how they would enforce that the family immigrant keeps working for the NHS for the length of the visa... Perhaps a refund scheme instead of an exemption for them would be fair.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 10:17:06 AM »
I had a feeling they would exclude family immigrants that work for the NHS. This government doesn't want us here and remind us with every new policy they create. I hope the employees make a stink in the media and they're forced to change this. But I also don't know how they would enforce that the family immigrant keeps working for the NHS for the length of the visa... Perhaps a refund scheme instead of an exemption for them would be fair.

They have military exemptions worked out.  They can figure out NHS exemptions.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 09:03:46 AM »
The visa fee reduction for this new Tier 2 General (can lead to settlement) visa-

Fees

A visa for up to 3 years costs £232.

A visa for more than 3 years costs £464.

The fee is the same whether you apply from inside or outside the UK.

Your dependants will also pay the same amount.

If you’re a citizen of Turkey or Macedonia a visa for up to 3 years costs £177 and a visa for more than 3 years costs £409.

Healthcare surcharge

You will not have to pay the healthcare surcharge.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-health-care-visa

Those who can switch (in country) to this visa-

You must already be in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 1 visa
    Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
    Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa
    Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor
    Tier 4 visa - if you have an eligible qualification, will complete your course in 3 months, or you’ve done at least 12 months of a PhD
    Start-up visa
    Innovator visa

You can also switch to a Tier 2 (Health and Care) visa if you’re:

a dependent partner of someone with a Tier 4 visa
    a representative of an overseas business

You must leave the UK and make your Tier 2 (Health and Care) application from abroad if you’re not in any of these categories.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-health-care-visa/switch-to-this-visa

The Health and Care Visa is available for individuals who:
 •are applying under Tier 2 (General) for Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain;
and,
•will be taking up a job in one of the occupations specified within the list of Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes set out in paragraph A3;
and,
•will be employed or engaged by:  ...

Page 5
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/900030/2020-07-13_Tier_2_Policy_Guidance.pdf
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 09:13:40 AM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links