Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Home loan advice.. soo different here  (Read 1675 times)

• Liked: 52
Home loan advice.. soo different here
« on: August 18, 2020, 01:29:40 PM »
The wife and I have bought two houses back in the states and it is just a completely different animal over here in terms of the loan process. The age restrictions are crazy and I could go on and on...

Back in the states we got one of our loans online though Quicken and it was fast and super easy. So my question is... does anyone know of a similar respectable option here in the UK?

We are both over 50 and are running into issues with our age since most lenders want the mortgage paid off by the time you hit 70.  We are also not making the big bucks we were back in the states, we moved over for a slower pace and quality of life.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
NWKH
UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

• Liked: 6110
Re: Home loan advice.. soo different here
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 01:45:18 PM »
The wife and I have bought two houses back in the states and it is just a completely different animal over here in terms of the loan process. The age restrictions are crazy and I could go on and on...

Back in the states we got one of our loans online though Quicken and it was fast and super easy. So my question is... does anyone know of a similar respectable option here in the UK?

We are both over 50 and are running into issues with our age since most lenders want the mortgage paid off by the time you hit 70.  We are also not making the big bucks we were back in the states, we moved over for a slower pace and quality of life.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
NWKH

The usual advice is to try a mortgage broker. Good luck.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab