Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving our pets from US to UK - Logistical Issues  (Read 3291 times)

• Liked: 0
Moving our pets from US to UK - Logistical Issues
« on: August 20, 2020, 03:40:29 PM »
Hi All!

We'll be moving 3 cats and a dog with us to the UK. My question has to do with what to do when we arrive and pick them up from their boarding facility (or have them delivered to us.) There's a high likelihood we won't be able to take a preemptive trip to search for housing before our immigration. Pets can only be held a maximum of 5 days after we arrive, and I want to limit their stress by picking them up ASAP when we arrive. So my question is, where can we stay temporarily that would allow us pet accommodation (esp cats) while we house shop? I'm thinking 2 weeks, max, as we'd want to get settled quick and rentals typically don't last on the market for long. I also want to avoid moving them in to a cattery, I want them with us. Any suggestions would be a HUGE help as this weighs on my mind greatly! Thanks!!
P.S. We'll be arriving via Heathrow and living in the Reading area.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:44:57 PM by Pumpkin111 »

• Liked: 4985
Re: Moving our pets from US to UK - Logistical Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 06:18:28 PM »
When I moved, I was in corporate housing for a month.  My cats stayed with my parents until I found a place, and then they flew over (so not on the same as me).

Do you have someone who could watch them on the US side?  It worked out really well, but was a big ask of my parents (had to do the last minute vet visit and take them to the airport).

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »
I think kfdancer's idea is a good one. Other than that you would have to look at pet friendly vacation rentals.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 04:13:33 AM »
Thank you both! Both great ideas. We are short on family but may be able to arrange a friend to care for them. I hadn't thought of that! And thank you for the links, I'll check them out now! <3

Sponsored Links