Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Thanks for getting us to this stage of the journey!  (Read 2089 times)

• Liked: 1
Thanks for getting us to this stage of the journey!
« on: October 22, 2020, 07:27:27 PM »
I've been following this site for quite a while and thought I should introduce myself. I'm from Washington state and have received my spouse visa vignette. I'm all set to fly to the UK this weekend. My husband and I were married in the US at the beginning of August this year, and he promptly returned to the UK. We submitted my visa application on 30/08. I had my biometric appointment on 25/09. We used priority and arranged the biometric appointment with an ASC in my state. We uploaded the documents ourselves through the VFS global site. I mailed my passport on the same day as my biometric appointment using second-day delivery from UPS. We were approved on the 9th of October.

We have really appreciated the comments on the visa & citizenship and moving boards. I am so amazed by your quick replies! We never would have gotten to this stage without your help. Because of the advice on the moving board, I applied for ToR. It was granted after only a couple of days.

Thank you so much to the regular advice-givers! I'm looking forward to diving into the other boards on this forum as well. I'm an avid hiker and can't wait to wander the footpaths of the UK (when my quarantine is complete, lockdown rules permitting)!
Aug. 30, 2020: online application for spouse visa (priority)
Sept. 25, 2020: biometrics taken at ASC & passport sent
Oct. 7, 2020: "The processed visa .. is dispatched..." text
Oct. 9, 2020: passport w/ vignette received via UPS
Oct. 26, 2020: arrived in UK

• Liked: 6110
Re: Thanks for getting us to this stage of the journey!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:35:24 PM »
I've been following this site for quite a while and thought I should introduce myself. I'm from Washington state and have received my spouse visa vignette. I'm all set to fly to the UK this weekend. My husband and I were married in the US at the beginning of August this year, and he promptly returned to the UK. We submitted my visa application on 30/08. I had my biometric appointment on 25/09. We used priority and arranged the biometric appointment with an ASC in my state. We uploaded the documents ourselves through the VFS global site. I mailed my passport on the same day as my biometric appointment using second-day delivery from UPS. We were approved on the 9th of October.

We have really appreciated the comments on the visa & citizenship and moving boards. I am so amazed by your quick replies! We never would have gotten to this stage without your help. Because of the advice on the moving board, I applied for ToR. It was granted after only a couple of days.

Thank you so much to the regular advice-givers! I'm looking forward to diving into the other boards on this forum as well. I'm an avid hiker and can't wait to wander the footpaths of the UK (when my quarantine is complete, lockdown rules permitting)!

Welcome! Congratulations on the visa, safe journey over!  :)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 07:36:18 PM »
Welcome to UKY!  I know you've been around for a while, but we finally get to see you!  Yay!  I'm so glad the site and the dedicated members were able to (unwittingly?) guide you through your application and that you're on your way!  Congratulations!  (And congrats on your very recent wedding!)

It sounds like you've done all the things that you can do, and you're on top of things.  When you arrive, do whatever you can to start generating post coming to you in your name.  Add your name to the utilities if you can, and see if you can trigger a statement right away.  You need post in your name for two reasons: 1. to prove you are resident in the UK to be able to register with a GP and open a bank account, and unlock all kinds of things, and 2. when you apply for your extension (FLR/M in 2.5 years) and then your last visa (ILR in another 2.5 years), you'll need 6 pieces of correspondence from at least 3 official sources sent to both you and your husband at the same address over the time between visas to prove that you two were living together (proof of a genuine and subsisting relationship).  Turn off paperless billing if it's on, and save all your official correspondence... that's bank letters/statements, government agency letters, NHS/GP letters, etc.

Other than that, welcome!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 05:05:23 AM »
Thank you so much! That's great advice! We'll start with that! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions soon!
Aug. 30, 2020: online application for spouse visa (priority)
Sept. 25, 2020: biometrics taken at ASC & passport sent
Oct. 7, 2020: "The processed visa .. is dispatched..." text
Oct. 9, 2020: passport w/ vignette received via UPS
Oct. 26, 2020: arrived in UK

Sponsored Links