Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for ILR, 5 year Anniversary Dec 8 (BRP expires Apr 4 2021)  (Read 2087 times)

• Liked: 18
Hi there,
I know there have been quite a few changes since I last applied for my FLR(M) but I simply wanted to confirm a few things before applying.

My husband received his recent play slips through late November via an email (with company logo) from his employer who also attached a cover letter from HR stating his current salary.  A human representative was not willing to sign it  ::) but they applied the signature “HR Shared Services” with their employment verification number.  This is a corporate entity that is moving far and away from any personal involvement and actually said they will not sign it as they do not do that anymore.  Just wondering if this is acceptable with a P60 and verified bank deposits?

Also does the mortgage statement need to be officially mailed or can we scan the statements that we have from online? 

Final question:  After uploading all your docs to UKscanning our required docs, what do we mail
American married to British Citizen, living in Colorado.  Moving to Hampshire/Berkshire area.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Applying for ILR, 5 year Anniversary Dec 8 (BRP expires Apr 4 2021)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 10:17:10 AM »
My husband received his recent play slips through late November via an email (with company logo) from his employer who also attached a cover letter from HR stating his current salary.  A human representative was not willing to sign it  ::) but they applied the signature “HR Shared Services” with their employment verification number.  This is a corporate entity that is moving far and away from any personal involvement and actually said they will not sign it as they do not do that anymore.  Just wondering if this is acceptable with a P60 and verified bank deposits?

An electronically-signed letter should be okay, as they are allowing some leeway with the documents due to Covid.

However, you'll need to make sure that the letter states ALL of the following:
- current employment and salary
- length of employment
- length of time earning current salary
- type of employment (full/part-time, permanent or temporary)

If the payslips have been emailed, then the letter must also verify each payslip:
- pay date
- pay period
- gross pay
- net pay
- date deposited into bank account
- an explanation for any discrepancies between the date and/or amount on the payslips vs. the date and/or amount deposited into the bank

The mandatory documents for the financial requirement are:
- 6 months payslips (normally 7 months are needed to cover every single day of the 6 months)
- 6 months bank statements (normally 7 months are needed to cover every single day of the 6 months)
- an employer letter containing everything listed above

The optional but recommended documents are:
- job contract
- latest P60

Also does the mortgage statement need to be officially mailed or can we scan the statements that we have from online? 

Ideally it should be mailed, but if you only have an electronic copy, that should be fine.

As well as the mortgage statement, you must also include:
- Land Registry document
- latest council tax statement

Final question:  After uploading all your docs to UKscanning our required docs, what do we mail

Nothing at all.

Every single document is uploaded now, including your passport and BRP.

Re: Applying for ILR, 5 year Anniversary Dec 8 (BRP expires Apr 4 2021
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »
Thank you SO very much for this, it’s providing a lot of stress relief. I wish I could return the favour somehow!

I have now passed my Life in the UK test, submitted my application and set up a ‘standard’ appointment at the Enhanced Biometrics Service Point in Guildford for £69.99.  I assume ‘standard’ in this case means document review and upload service (I certainly hope!)

I’m just looking for a little more clarification on a couple of things and would really appreciate if you are able to shed some light for me.  The doc requirements to prove cohabitation simply state:  “6 joint or 12 separate documents addressed to your and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years.”  There was no clarification from how many official sources.  So just to be clear, I only have about 3-4 consistent sources over the last 2.5 years, my partner has multiple sources and we have nothing joint at this time.  For instance, if I spread out 6 correspondences for me which would be from my 4 sources (bank, credit card, internet, NHS) spread over every 5 months and then do the same for my partner totalling 12 pieces of correspondence, that should suffice, correct?

The other question is regarding documentation for my sponsor’s settled status.  Would this be his Birth Certificate or British Passport?

Kindest regards!
American married to British Citizen, living in Colorado.  Moving to Hampshire/Berkshire area.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Applying for ILR, 5 year Anniversary Dec 8 (BRP expires Apr 4 2021
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 11:10:21 AM »
Thank you SO very much for this, it’s providing a lot of stress relief. I wish I could return the favour somehow!

I have now passed my Life in the UK test, submitted my application and set up a ‘standard’ appointment at the Enhanced Biometrics Service Point in Guildford for £69.99.  I assume ‘standard’ in this case means document review and upload service (I certainly hope!)

I’m just looking for a little more clarification on a couple of things and would really appreciate if you are able to shed some light for me.  The doc requirements to prove cohabitation simply state:  “6 joint or 12 separate documents addressed to your and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years.”  There was no clarification from how many official sources.  So just to be clear, I only have about 3-4 consistent sources over the last 2.5 years, my partner has multiple sources and we have nothing joint at this time.  For instance, if I spread out 6 correspondences for me which would be from my 4 sources (bank, credit card, internet, NHS) spread over every 5 months and then do the same for my partner totalling 12 pieces of correspondence, that should suffice, correct?

The other question is regarding documentation for my sponsor’s settled status.  Would this be his Birth Certificate or British Passport?

Kindest regards!

Provide your partners British passports.
It's 3 sources between you so you have more than enough. When you pick your items of mail, choose ones from the same month as each other.

Re: Applying for ILR, 5 year Anniversary Dec 8 (BRP expires Apr 4 2021)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 11:23:25 AM »
Super!  Thank you SO much.

Sponsored Links