Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR waiting game and soon to expire BRP card  (Read 173 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR waiting game and soon to expire BRP card
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:38:22 PM »
Hello everyone. Can anyone offer any advice?

My wife and I (sponsor) submitted her ILR application mid November and biometrics were taken November 30th. The fast track service wasn't an option because of Covid. Her BRP card has an expiry date of March 5th 2021. She is pregnant with our first child due in April. Her current employers want to switch her employment type from a fixed term contract (end date 5th march to coincide with BRP) to permanent but can't do so until the ILR is granted.

Tried calling Home Office and emailing but no joy other than auto reply stating ILR can take upto 6 months...

• Liked: 3231
Re: ILR waiting game and soon to expire BRP card
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 03:57:46 PM »
I'm afraid there isn't really anything you can do but wait.

Unless you have compassionate circumstances (i.e. a loved one in the US is dying and she must travel urgently), there isn't any way to expedite the application.

As long as she made her ILR application before her BRP expired, her right to work is automatically extended under Section 3C Leave while the application is processing, so after March 5th, nothing regarding her immigration status or right to work will changes and she can legally continue to work, regardless of whether the ILR has been granted or not.

If her employer wants to check her right to work in the UK, they can do so here (they just need her details and ILR application number):
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status

• Liked: 0
Re: ILR waiting game and soon to expire BRP card
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:13:42 PM »
Thank you @ksand24

I will suggest my wife emails these points to HR.

Sponsored Links