Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) already!  (Read 936 times)

• Liked: 46
Re: FLR(M) already!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 05:35:05 PM »
Okay, back again! I've got the application completed up to paying for the IHS and I think we'll be officially completing the application Friday. The application wasn't tricky, but I've found myself tripped up on the questions regarding the declarations we have to provide with the documents.

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

I've put yes here because I'm obviously providing a council tax bill with both of our names on it along with a joint bank account statement as correspondence proof. Also a water bill with both of our names as correspondence proof. There's also the tenancy agreement with both names.

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Again, I've put yes because the information we're giving to meet the financial requirement is in my husband's name. I'm assuming that's what they mean by financial support.

Correct me if I'm wrong on how I interpreted the questions. It'll be a relief to get this completed. Feels like there is an end in sight!
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 05:36:39 PM »
Okay, back again! I've got the application completed up to paying for the IHS and I think we'll be officially completing the application Friday. The application wasn't tricky, but I've found myself tripped up on the questions regarding the declarations we have to provide with the documents.

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

I've put yes here because I'm obviously providing a council tax bill with both of our names on it along with a joint bank account statement as correspondence proof. Also a water bill with both of our names as correspondence proof. There's also the tenancy agreement with both names.

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Again, I've put yes because the information we're giving to meet the financial requirement is in my husband's name. I'm assuming that's what they mean by financial support.

Correct me if I'm wrong on how I interpreted the questions. It'll be a relief to get this completed. Feels like there is an end in sight!

First one is yes, second one is no. You and your husband meet the requirements by yourselves and don't need third party support.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 05:41:37 PM »

On that one they mean a third party financial sponsor who is meeting the financial requirement on your behalf (i.e. a relative or friend) - the key is in the wording 'another person' (i.e. not you or your sponsor). Except that third party financial sponsors are not allowed to be used for the visa (unless you are exempt from meeting the financial requirement)... so you must answer No for this one.

The questions are used to determine which Consent to Checks forms need to be signed:
Part 1 is signed by the applicant.

The first question you posted is in relation to signing Part 2, which is signed by the sponsor

The second question you posted is in relation to signing Part 3... which no one will sign, because you can't have a third party sponsor
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 05:46:04 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2021, 03:03:56 PM »
Ah, got it now. Thank you both for your help! Honestly, I can't thank you enough! I don't know how I would survive the visa stress without this forum.  ;D

Currently I'm just waiting for the employer letter and payroll letter to come through the mail. I'm reviewing my application answers again to make sure I've not made a mistake, then it's time to pay the IHS, officially submit the application, then see about getting in for my biometrics! And getting documents uploaded as well. :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:13:25 PM by Kay »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »
Nearly there! Best of luck.  :)

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 11:37:45 AM »
Nearly there! Best of luck.  :)

Thank you! Biometrics tomorrow in Sheffield! At the finish line finally  :)

Sponsored Links