Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) already!  (Read 928 times)

• Liked: 46
FLR(M) already!
« on: March 01, 2021, 08:33:03 PM »
Well, looks like it’s my time to apply for FLR(M). We’re aiming to apply and get my biometrics appointment set in the next week or two, so I’m gathering documents at the moment and slogging through the online application.

(For anyone reading, this is your reminder to turn off paperless and save your mail! It makes all the difference and saves begging companies to send copies by mail.)

Here’s the situation with us:

-  I (US citizen) entered on 8th August 2018 on my initial spouse visa. BRP set to expire 19th April.
-  My husband (UK citizen) is bringing home the bacon so we’re going off his income to meet the £18,600 requirement (we have no children yet).
-  We lived in the same place from the time I arrived in August 2018 until Jan this year—just recently moved.
-  Not submitted application just yet but I understand once it’s submitted I have up until the biometrics appointment to upload my supporting documents that need to be dated within 28 days of my application date. Also the IHS fee went up in October. Yikes.

I have some questions if someone doesn’t mind chiming in to help. :)

1.  Financial requirements – last time this was where I nearly messed it up until this forum saved me. I thought we would be Cat A but we applied Cat B. If I’m remembering correctly, Cat A was based off of six months and they do the maths based on lowest payslip to calculate the income for twelve months. Husband is still working the same job so I’m thinking Cat A won’t be any good again based off the lowest payslip he’s had in the last six months, so I’m assuming it’ll be 12 months of payslips and bank statements for Cat B again.

2.  He’s emailed HR to get his letter confirming his employment. I’ve asked him to also have them note his furlough dates due to covid (from early Jan to beginning of next week) and the dates that he was off work ill due to a shoulder dislocation. Does this need to be included just to explain the weeks of statutory sick pay he was bringing in? Am I overthinking this? I’m probably overthinking this. I’ve also got his return to work paperwork I can include if need be.

3.  We’ve moved house at the end of January, and I’ve got our tenancy agreement with the letting agent and our recent council tax bill. We did a letter for my initial application but from what I’ve seen in other threads of those in similar living circumstances it seems the tenancy agreement and council tax bill is fine. Correct me if I’m wrong on that.

4.  Also, in terms of correspondence the only letter we have at this new address is latest piece of mail I’m including (Feb 2021—we just moved in at the end of Jan). I’m assuming this is okay and I’m just overthinking it again?

5.  His employer swapped to electronic payslips recently, so the last few payslips look different. He still had the payroll department print and mail them to him though. Is that okay or do we need the employer to verify they are correct even though they mailed them to him?
Also, his employer shuts for a couple of weeks at the end of the year, so there is a gap in his payslips. That was easily explained last time because he was on holiday visiting me (I included a cover letter explaining gaps in payslips due to unpaid time off to visit me in the states). Does the two-week gap in payslips need explaining?

Here are all the documents I've gathered/am working on. Some we don’t have just yet like the employer letter, bits from the online application, and one last bank statement we’re waiting on to arrive by mail:

Application Documents
-  All pages of my passports (old one in my maiden name and current one in my married name)
-  signed sponsor’s declaration (from online application)
-  Part 1 of the consent to checks forms, signed by the applicant (from online application)
-  Part 2 of the consent to checks forms, signed by the sponsor (from online application)

Proof of Identity
-  My BRP
-  All pages of his passport

Residence in the UK
-  Tenancy agreement
-  Council tax bill

Financial Requirements – Cat B
-  12 months of his payslips all mailed to us (currently have 15th Feb 2020 up to 20th Feb 2021)
-  12 months of his bank statements all mailed to us (dated back to 11th Jan 2020; we’re currently waiting on the latest quarterly statement to arrive by mail which will be dated up to 24th Feb. A little over 12 months but it’s just how the dates fell on the statements.)
-  his employer letter (waiting on currently – will include current job title and salary, length of employment, length of time earning current salary, previous salary, length of time earning previous salary, type of employment, also confirmation of furlough dates and SSP dates due to injury)
-  His job contract from when he joined the company in April 2016
-  His furlough letter due to covid
-  His P60

Other
-  Our Marriage Certificate
-  His decree absolute (divorce)

Correspondence
(5 sources: water company, bank with joint account, bank with his loan, car insurance company for me, council bill)
-  Feb 2019 – water company letter in both names
-  June 2019 – water bill in both names
-  October 2019 – joint bank statement
-  Feb 2020 – bank loan letter in his name, car insurance letter in my name
-  June 2020 – water bill in both names
-  October 2020 – water bill in both names
-  Feb 2021 – council tax move out bill for old address (only piece of mail at our new address)

Whew, I think that's it for now. Let me know if there's anything I've missed.  :)
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

• Liked: 3589
Re: FLR(M) already!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 08:52:44 PM »
Welcome back :).

1.  Financial requirements – last time this was where I nearly messed it up until this forum saved me. I thought we would be Cat A but we applied Cat B. If I’m remembering correctly, Cat A was based off of six months and they do the maths based on lowest payslip to calculate the income for twelve months. Husband is still working the same job so I’m thinking Cat A won’t be any good again based off the lowest payslip he’s had in the last six months, so I’m assuming it’ll be 12 months of payslips and bank statements for Cat B again.

Yes, if he's in the same situation, income-wise, I assume you'll be Category B again, though if you can give some more details regarding whether he's salaried or non-salaried, and how much he earns, we can check to make sure.

2.  He’s emailed HR to get his letter confirming his employment. I’ve asked him to also have them note his furlough dates due to covid (from early Jan to beginning of next week) and the dates that he was off work ill due to a shoulder dislocation. Does this need to be included just to explain the weeks of statutory sick pay he was bringing in? Am I overthinking this? I’m probably overthinking this. I’ve also got his return to work paperwork I can include if need be.

The details of his furlough need to be included in the letter. They are allowing some leeway due to Covid, which means they will consider his full, 100%, non-furloughed income for the visa.

I'm not sure if the letter needs to include the sick pay dates, as the sick pay will be shown on his payslips, but the details can be included if you feel more comfortable with it.

3.  We’ve moved house at the end of January, and I’ve got our tenancy agreement with the letting agent and our recent council tax bill. We did a letter for my initial application but from what I’ve seen in other threads of those in similar living circumstances it seems the tenancy agreement and council tax bill is fine. Correct me if I’m wrong on that.

As long as both of you are named on the tenancy agreement, you do not need a letter.

4.  Also, in terms of correspondence the only letter we have at this new address is latest piece of mail I’m including (Feb 2021—we just moved in at the end of Jan). I’m assuming this is okay and I’m just overthinking it again?

Yes, that's fine. What's important is the spacing of the documents and that you have something in each name for every period you are covering. T

he address itself is not relevant... what's important is that you show you were both at the same address as each other. So, you just provide documents from whichever address you were both living at in each of the required months.

5.  His employer swapped to electronic payslips recently, so the last few payslips look different. He still had the payroll department print and mail them to him though. Is that okay or do we need the employer to verify they are correct even though they mailed them to him?

The requirement is that they must either be:
- official company payslips
or
- electronic payslips that are accompanied by a letter on company letterhead, signed by a senior official, confirming their authenticity

If the ones they have mailed to you are simply online payslips printed on normal paper (i.e. they look the same as if they would if you had printed them at home), then I would think that they would also need to be accompanied by a letter of authenticity, as they won't be on official company stationery.

Also, his employer shuts for a couple of weeks at the end of the year, so there is a gap in his payslips. That was easily explained last time because he was on holiday visiting me (I included a cover letter explaining gaps in payslips due to unpaid time off to visit me in the states). Does the two-week gap in payslips need explaining?

It needs to be explained by his employer in their letter.

Here are all the documents I've gathered/am working on. Some we don’t have just yet like the employer letter, bits from the online application, and one last bank statement we’re waiting on to arrive by mail:

Your documents look good to me :).

When it comes to uploading them, the correspondence documents go in the Residence in the UK section, along with your accommodation documents.)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 04:54:12 AM »

(For anyone reading, this is your reminder to turn off paperless and save your mail! It makes all the difference and saves begging companies to send copies by mail.)

Excellent advice to turn off paperless but do remember that having companies send copies is of limited use as mail only counts for the time it arrives, not for a time period in the past.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 09:57:54 AM »
Excellent advice to turn off paperless but do remember that having companies send copies is of limited use as mail only counts for the time it arrives, not for a time period in the past.

Oh yes, fair point!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 10:59:24 AM »
Hey ksand! Hope you’re doing well! :D

Welcome back :).

Yes, if he's in the same situation, income-wise, I assume you'll be Category B again, though if you can give some more details regarding whether he's salaried or non-salaried, and how much he earns, we can check to make sure.
He gets an hourly rate on top of bonuses and overtime, but the bonuses and overtime only kick in when completing a full day’s work. Since he works construction the weather sometimes means that they are sent home on 8 hours of pay with no bonuses or overtime, so his weekly pay fluctuates depending on weather and hours. The overtime is also squirrelly because they expand hours based daylight so it’s longer hours in the summer and shorter hours come winter.
He’s been on furlough pay since early January. The lowest of the weekly furlough pay falls short of the £18,600 minimum when multiplied by 52, which is why I assumed we would be Category B again. But since UKVI is feeling gracious and chooses to go off of the lowest weekly pay before furlough, then it meets the Category A requirement. Looking back as well he began his furlough on Tuesday after a day of work, so even considering that week (1 day regular pay + 4 days of furlough pay) pushes it over the minimum.

The details of his furlough need to be included in the letter. They are allowing some leeway due to Covid, which means they will consider his full, 100%, non-furloughed income for the visa.

I'm not sure if the letter needs to include the sick pay dates, as the sick pay will be shown on his payslips, but the details can be included if you feel more comfortable with it.
I was on the fence on whether to include the sick dates or not, but I was worried because he was out for about 8 weeks. Since he’s already emailed HR and instructed them to put it in, we’ll leave it.

The requirement is that they must either be:
- official company payslips
or
- electronic payslips that are accompanied by a letter on company letterhead, signed by a senior official, confirming their authenticity

If the ones they have mailed to you are simply online payslips printed on normal paper (i.e. they look the same as if they would if you had printed them at home), then I would think that they would also need to be accompanied by a letter of authenticity, as they won't be on official company stationery.
Yep, I was worried about that. They’ve printed them in colour with the company logo at the top, but it’s on plain paper. The first one even has a message at the top that says ‘welcome to your new electronic payslip’. We’ll get the letter from the payroll department and also have them mention the dates they shut for Christmas to confirm gaps in payslip dates. Will have to email them anyway because I’ve noticed two of his payslips have duplicate dates, so one needs correcting.

Right, back to the paper pile in my front room! Gonna get him to email payroll today to get that letter and get that payslip corrected. I'll also probably look over the application more today so don't be surprised if I'm back with questions on how to answer those.  ;D 

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 12:35:39 PM »
While I'm thinking of it, my husband may or may not be looking to swap to another company soon. It's all up in the air at the moment, but long story short there's talk of bringing him off furlough and he's unhappy about the possibility of working hours away from home (his brother just recently passed away. He wants to remain close to home as he adjusts to his work routine again and he's concerned about being so far away from family during the grieving process. Sitting in a truck alone all day at work and sitting in a hotel room alone at night isn't ideal when you're going through it mentally). The company did contact him with the promise of local work week before last but it's suddenly changed, which my husband isn't happy about, so he's got something else lined up. He's currently waiting to hear back from his employer about where they're going to put him, but if they insist he has to be away I think he'll be working his notice.

Does any of this matter in terms of submitting my application since we're applying on his income? Everything up to the date of the application would be with his current employer, so I'm guessing it would be fine, but I wasn't sure if UKVI would get funny about him switching jobs after the application is sent off.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 12:45:30 PM »
While I'm thinking of it, my husband may or may not be looking to swap to another company soon. It's all up in the air at the moment, but long story short there's talk of bringing him off furlough and he's unhappy about the possibility of working hours away from home (his brother just recently passed away. He wants to remain close to home as he adjusts to his work routine again and he's concerned about being so far away from family during the grieving process. Sitting in a truck alone all day at work and sitting in a hotel room alone at night isn't ideal when you're going through it mentally). The company did contact him with the promise of local work week before last but it's suddenly changed, which my husband isn't happy about, so he's got something else lined up. He's currently waiting to hear back from his employer about where they're going to put him, but if they insist he has to be away I think he'll be working his notice.

Does any of this matter in terms of submitting my application since we're applying on his income? Everything up to the date of the application would be with his current employer, so I'm guessing it would be fine, but I wasn't sure if UKVI would get funny about him switching jobs after the application is sent off.

If using his income for the financial requirement, he should avoid changing jobs until after your FLR has been granted.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 12:50:46 PM »
If using his income for the financial requirement, he should avoid changing jobs until after your FLR has been granted.

I was worried about that. I'll have a chat with him when he returns home. Thanks for answering so quickly.  :)

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 01:40:44 PM »
He gets an hourly rate on top of bonuses and overtime, but the bonuses and overtime only kick in when completing a full day’s work. Since he works construction the weather sometimes means that they are sent home on 8 hours of pay with no bonuses or overtime, so his weekly pay fluctuates depending on weather and hours. The overtime is also squirrelly because they expand hours based daylight so it’s longer hours in the summer and shorter hours come winter.
He’s been on furlough pay since early January. The lowest of the weekly furlough pay falls short of the £18,600 minimum when multiplied by 52, which is why I assumed we would be Category B again. But since UKVI is feeling gracious and chooses to go off of the lowest weekly pay before furlough, then it meets the Category A requirement. Looking back as well he began his furlough on Tuesday after a day of work, so even considering that week (1 day regular pay + 4 days of furlough pay) pushes it over the minimum.

Okay, so if he is paid by the hour, then the income calculation is different compared to if he was earning a fixed annual salary.

For Category A, they will calculate his income by adding up all his payslips (before tax), dividing by 6 and multiplying by 12. If that amount is £18,600 or more, he will meet Category A.

If it's not, he will have to use Category B.

They should use the non-furloughed income as per the Covid requirements here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents#if-youre-applying-to-enter-the-uk-or-remain-on-the-basis-of-family-or-private-life

I was on the fence on whether to include the sick dates or not, but I was worried because he was out for about 8 weeks. Since he’s already emailed HR and instructed them to put it in, we’ll leave it.

Given that he was paid for the sick leave, it shouldn't affect anything. If he had been unpaid for that time, it may have made a difference. You can read about sick pay and the financial requirement in Appendix FM 1.7 (pages 31-36): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/957305/appendix-fm-1-7-financial-requirement-v6.0-ext.pdf

Yep, I was worried about that. They’ve printed them in colour with the company logo at the top, but it’s on plain paper. The first one even has a message at the top that says ‘welcome to your new electronic payslip’. We’ll get the letter from the payroll department and also have them mention the dates they shut for Christmas to confirm gaps in payslip dates. Will have to email them anyway because I’ve noticed two of his payslips have duplicate dates, so one needs correcting.

Yes, I would have them verify each payslip in the letter. They should ideally list the following:
- payslip date
- gross pay
- net pay
- date paid into bank account
- an explanation for any discrepancies between the payslip dates and amounts and the bank deposit dates and amounts (i.e. if he was paid on a different date than the payslip shows because of a weekend or bank holiday)... this is where they can explain the payslip gap.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
Okay, so if he is paid by the hour, then the income calculation is different compared to if he was earning a fixed annual salary.

For Category A, they will calculate his income by adding up all his payslips (before tax), dividing by 6 and multiplying by 12. If that amount is £18,600 or more, he will meet Category A.

If it's not, he will have to use Category B.

They should use the non-furloughed income as per the Covid requirements here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents#if-youre-applying-to-enter-the-uk-or-remain-on-the-basis-of-family-or-private-life

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I don’t know why but the financial stuff trips me up.
Right, so in that case, I combed back through 6 months of payslips before the furlough and based on the maths it will be Category A. Hooray for less paperwork to scan!
So now I'm thinking I should include the current payslips showing the furlough (the first payslip showing furlough pay is 9th Jan for four days and the other payslips up to 20th Feb show full week’s furlough) along with the 6 months of payslips for regular wages (27th June 2020 to 2nd Jan 2021). Just as proof of being on furlough along with the employer letter confirming those dates. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Given that he was paid for the sick leave, it shouldn't affect anything. If he had been unpaid for that time, it may have made a difference. You can read about sick pay and the financial requirement in Appendix FM 1.7 (pages 31-36): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/957305/appendix-fm-1-7-financial-requirement-v6.0-ext.pdf

I’ll have him email HR to ask them to not add that in. Because if we’re only going back to end of June on his payslips now then it’ll just create confusion because he returned to work around mid-April last year.

Yes, I would have them verify each payslip in the letter. They should ideally list the following:
- payslip date
- gross pay
- net pay
- date paid into bank account
- an explanation for any discrepancies between the payslip dates and amounts and the bank deposit dates and amounts (i.e. if he was paid on a different date than the payslip shows because of a weekend or bank holiday)... this is where they can explain the payslip gap.

Payroll already came back with the letter and included the payslip date, gross pay, and net pay. She then added that payslips were not issued between 12th Dec 2020 to 2nd Jan 2021 due to holiday closure for the company. Now I’m wondering if we need more added?

Typically when my husband gets paid on a Friday it’s for the previous week of work, so for example I’ve got the most recent payslip here showing 20th Feb and his bank statement shows it going in on 26th Feb. I’ll go back through to match up dates but I’m fairly confident that there is always a six day gap between the date on the payslip and the date his pay hits his bank account. Would that need explaining?
I went through my big binder notebook on my initial visa application and documents and it was the same even back then. We didn't include any letters or explanations on why the payslip date does not match up with the date his wages hit his bank.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 03:38:41 PM »
So now I'm thinking I should include the current payslips showing the furlough (the first payslip showing furlough pay is 9th Jan for four days and the other payslips up to 20th Feb show full week’s furlough) along with the 6 months of payslips for regular wages (27th June 2020 to 2nd Jan 2021). Just as proof of being on furlough along with the employer letter confirming those dates. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

It's mandatory to include the most recent payslips received before applying online. The latest payslip must be dated no more than 28 days before your online application date. But there is no need to go all the way back to 27th June because that was 8 months ago and anything older than 6 months won't be counted.

So, say his most recent payslip is February 20th, then the 6 months of payslips you must include are August 20th to February 20th.

If he has been issued any more payslips by the time you apply, you will need to include them and your 6 months will need to be adjusted accordingly.

I.e.
- If the last payslip is dated Feb 27th, then the 6 months will be August 27th to February 27th
- If it's dated March 6th, then the 6 months will be September 6th to March 6th
And the bank statements will need to cover right up to the deposit of the most recent payslip
So you include the relevant payslips back to the first date of the 6 months (i.e. August 22nd or August 29th based on these examples)

Payroll already came back with the letter and included the payslip date, gross pay, and net pay. She then added that payslips were not issued between 12th Dec 2020 to 2nd Jan 2021 due to holiday closure for the company. Now I’m wondering if we need more added?

Typically when my husband gets paid on a Friday it’s for the previous week of work, so for example I’ve got the most recent payslip here showing 20th Feb and his bank statement shows it going in on 26th Feb. I’ll go back through to match up dates but I’m fairly confident that there is always a six day gap between the date on the payslip and the date his pay hits his bank account. Would that need explaining?

Yes, this should be explained. That goes under the 'explanation of discrepancies between payslip date and bank deposit date' part I mentioned above.

I went through my big binder notebook on my initial visa application and documents and it was the same even back then. We didn't include any letters or explanations on why the payslip date does not match up with the date his wages hit his bank.

I would get it added, just to be on the safe side.

It may not be an issue, however we have seen visas refused in the past because there was no explanation included for the following:
- the payslip deposit into the bank account was 1p different to the payslip amount
- the payslip deposit into the bank account was on a different date to the payslip date

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 05:46:17 PM »
It's mandatory to include the most recent payslips received before applying online. The latest payslip must be dated no more than 28 days before your online application date. But there is no need to go all the way back to 27th June because that was 8 months ago and anything older than 6 months won't be counted.

So, say his most recent payslip is February 20th, then the 6 months of payslips you must include are August 20th to February 20th.

Hmmm, okay, I’m still confused on how to calculate for Category A when he’s had furlough pay since the beginning of January. I calculated it based on his last payslip that was regular wages then went back six months from that to determine Category A eligibility. If I’m only basing it on the last 6 months and 2 months of that is furlough pay, how do I go about calculating it if they’re giving leeway on furlough pay?

If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 31 May 2021, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income, provided the minimum income requirement was met for at least 6 months immediately before the date the income was lost.
If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

I’m re-reading this section on the website and I’m still not sure what they’re trying to say. My best guess is they’ll calculate your furlough pay at 100% even though furlough pay is currently 80% of normal pay. Is that right?

If he has been issued any more payslips by the time you apply, you will need to include them and your 6 months will need to be adjusted accordingly.

I.e.
- If the last payslip is dated Feb 27th, then the 6 months will be August 27th to February 27th
- If it's dated March 6th, then the 6 months will be September 6th to March 6th
And the bank statements will need to cover right up to the deposit of the most recent payslip
So you include the relevant payslips back to the first date of the 6 months (i.e. August 22nd or August 29th based on these examples)

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. 20th Feb is just the latest we have at the moment. I’ll include whatever we have when it’s upload time along with the corresponding bank statements to show money going in.

Yes, this should be explained. That goes under the 'explanation of discrepancies between payslip date and bank deposit date' part I mentioned above.

I would get it added, just to be on the safe side.

It may not be an issue, however we have seen visas refused in the past because there was no explanation included for the following:
- the payslip deposit into the bank account was 1p different to the payslip amount
- the payslip deposit into the bank account was on a different date to the payslip date

Oof, guess we got lucky last time then. I’ll have my husband email payroll again asking to amend the letter to include the explanation for the gap in dates on payslips and bank deposits.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 05:56:55 PM »
Hmmm, okay, I’m still confused on how to calculate for Category A when he’s had furlough pay since the beginning of January. I calculated it based on his last payslip that was regular wages then went back six months from that to determine Category A eligibility. If I’m only basing it on the last 6 months and 2 months of that is furlough pay, how do I go about calculating it if they’re giving leeway on furlough pay?

I’m re-reading this section on the website and I’m still not sure what they’re trying to say. My best guess is they’ll calculate your furlough pay at 100% even though furlough pay is currently 80% of normal pay. Is that right?

As I understand it, you just send the most recent 6 months of payslips and UKVI will treat his furlough pay as if he was earning 100% of his normal wage. So, if his furlough pay is 80% of what he is normally paid, they will calculate what 100% would be and use that amount instead.

What I think they mean on the website is:

- If you are not furloughed but you have lost income due to Covid (i.e. your hours have been cut), you can use the 6 months of income from immediately before the loss.

- If you've been furloughed, you use the most recent 6 months of income, and they will consider your full 100% salary, not the 80% furloughed salary.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. 20th Feb is just the latest we have at the moment. I’ll include whatever we have when it’s upload time along with the corresponding bank statements to show money going in.

No problem. Most people applying are paid monthly, so they just use the previous month's payslip and bank statement, but since he is paid weekly, you just have to make sure you include the most recent payslip from the week before you apply.

Oof, guess we got lucky last time then. I’ll have my husband email payroll again asking to amend the letter to include the explanation for the gap in dates on payslips and bank deposits.

The people who were refused may have just been unlucky, but you never know. Better to get it added to the letter than risk a refusal.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 11:55:22 AM »
As I understand it, you just send the most recent 6 months of payslips and UKVI will treat his furlough pay as if he was earning 100% of his normal wage. So, if his furlough pay is 80% of what he is normally paid, they will calculate what 100% would be and use that amount instead.

What I think they mean on the website is:

- If you are not furloughed but you have lost income due to Covid (i.e. your hours have been cut), you can use the 6 months of income from immediately before the loss.

- If you've been furloughed, you use the most recent 6 months of income, and they will consider your full 100% salary, not the 80% furloughed salary.

Okay, I think I’ve got it now.  :D It was deciphering what they meant about considering full 100% and that his income can fluctuate so he’s not paid the same each week. I was struggling to figure out how they would consider the pay. I think I burnt myself out yesterday on the visa stuff.

With the furlough pay being 80%, I’ll try to calculate that as if it’s 100% to meet the 6 months for category A.
I’ll probably be back to ask if someone can check my maths. I’m so paranoid about getting this part wrong. I think my worry about getting a refusal is starting to kill my confidence in my ability to do this application.  :-\\\\

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 12:59:15 PM »
I’ll probably be back to ask if someone can check my maths. I’m so paranoid about getting this part wrong. I think my worry about getting a refusal is starting to kill my confidence in my ability to do this application.  :-\\\\

I think I've got it.  :D I had to access that part of my brain I haven't used since middle school but we got there in the end. Cat A it is!  ;D

Sponsored Links