Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Declaration form for international travel  (Read 909 times)

• Liked: 0
Declaration form for international travel
« on: March 06, 2021, 12:07:03 PM »
I had told my 87 year-old mother I would visit her once she had her second vaccine and I had my first, but now we’ve reached that point, things are of course not so straightforward. Yesterday’s announcement about this new form for international travel leaves me a little less optimistic but still not completely certain. Does anyone have a hunch what the “Other” box means?

If only we could submit this form ahead of time and be told yes or no!  Instead I would have to book a flight, pack my bag, go to the airport and risk being denied and sent home (and possibly fined for my efforts?). Would I even be able to refund my ticket?

I understand, we’re still under strict lockdown, and I'm prepared to follow the rules. Still, it’s interesting that one of the valid reasons is to attend a wedding. So if I stated that I was going to a wedding in Texas where 500 people would be attending (now that they’ve lifted all restrictions, including mask wearing) I would be given permission? Have I got that right?

• Liked: 8
Re: Declaration form for international travel
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 03:38:47 PM »
Hi Septic,

Have you called the airline see if they can give any advice, as I believe after all it is them that will be doing the documentation checking rather than spot checks by the police as boris has stated...

In terms of refund if told no once you got there Iwould think that answer is no, but would hope they would give credit. 

Additinally I am presuming your American so the "lockdown" laws that Boris has bought in does that actually apply to yuorself...

• Liked: 718
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 04:18:37 PM »
Hi Septic,

Have you called the airline see if they can give any advice, as I believe after all it is them that will be doing the documentation checking rather than spot checks by the police as boris has stated...

In terms of refund if told no once you got there Iwould think that answer is no, but would hope they would give credit. 

Additinally I am presuming your American so the "lockdown" laws that Boris has bought in does that actually apply to yuorself...

Good advice.

I think all residents are covered by the rule.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home#international-travel

Advice for visitors and foreign nationals in England
Foreign nationals are subject to the national lockdown rules.

If you are visiting the UK, you may return home. You should check whether there are any restrictions in place at your destination.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 04:57:46 PM »
It’s definitely all residents (tourists have to abide by lockdown restrictions as well, though can leave for obvious reasons). 

Currently the target is to allow international travel from May 17 but lots of targets to reach along the way.  I’d aim for after that date at the moment.

• Liked: 21
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 09:08:32 PM »
I have ILR and just flew from London to Ohio on Monday, which was the day this new form took effect. I've been going through some personal/family issues recently which was the reason for travel, and I'm staying here until summer.

I printed out the form but they never asked to see it. One of the check in agents asked me why I was traveling, I told him. Then I pulled out my US passport, he saw it, and was like "Oh, that's alright then." And that was the end of it. I was honestly expecting to be questioned more, but it was quick. You definitely need proof of a negative Covid test though. I was asked for that several times. That seemed to be much more pressing than the "reason for travel."

I know I had no issues, but if you're leery about traveling now and aren't in a rush, you could wait until May when things are officially lifted. I don't know about the "other" category, but I do know that lots of airlines are allowing passengers to change their flight dates at no extra cost. So, there's that in case you weren't permitted to travel for whatever reason.
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 10:50:44 AM »
Thanks for the input. I can see it’s still a risk, although odds are I'd get through. I’ll mull over that for a few days...

My father in law died last week, and that’s brought home how critical every month is that passes by.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab