Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Stimulus 3.0  (Read 4115 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Stimulus 3.0
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2021, 09:34:37 AM »
Received mine yesterday, April 22nd. Listed as posted on March 26th, address in Scotland.

• Liked: 49
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »
Just to let everyone know that if you have not gotten the stimulus one and two when you file your 2020 tax return it shows up as a tax refund. I was confused when my 2019 had no refund then the 2020 had one. When added up it equaled the first and second stimulus. As for the third stimulus if you list your direct deposit this will go into your direct deposit ( US) about three weeks after filing. That is what happened in my experience. If anyone knows info about the fourth one they are talking about please keep us updated! So far the way i have read is that it talks about an adjustment for folks with children. I could be wrong.

• Liked: 674
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2021, 07:25:12 PM »
On stim 3 - I had filed my 1040 forms back on Feb 12 via mail prior to the third stimulus payment being approved by Congress. Today I was checking the status of my refund on the IRS "Where's My Refund" web page, as I have been doing daily for a while now, expecting to see a four- figure amount approved. Almost had a coronary to see online that they had recalculated the return and taxed all of my social security (which was exempt while I was living in the UK) and reduced my refund to a couple of hundred dollars. Of course, I immediately phoned the US  IRS line (800-829-1040). Their recording said they were closed. As far as I know it is not a federal holiday, or any other holiday that would result in their office being closed.  (Tried several times over a few hours.)

Then I tried the international line and finally got through to someone who listened when I told them what it was saying online about having recalculated to tax my social security for all of 2020 (and not just the few months I was back in the USA). I referenced the tax treaty for exclusion of SS taxation (Article 17.3). She put me on hold for quite some time and then came back and said she could fix that over the phone. (!!!!!!) And did so, apparently, with several apologies about the length of time it was taking. Was told I'd be getting the initially reduced amount direct deposit, then a subsequent adjustment that would bring the disbursement total up to what I had originally been due as far as an actual refund as I had calculated it.

I then explained that I had filed my forms prior to stim 3 being approved, and asked what I would need to do to get the remaining $1,400 I was due for my adult dependent payment. She said "nothing"  and that a paper stim 3 check was to be mailed out to me this Friday. They were checking returns to see if payments had been made if due, and if not, they were mailing checks. And was there any other way they could be of help today?

I was starting to think I'd gotten a bogus  person, some scam entity to whom I'd just given too much personal information - except that she knew the actual numbers I was talking about. I have never had such good customer service from the IRS. I really was expecting to have to file an amended return to get the stimulus payment, and to have to provide reams of documentation to get the SS back to the correct tax status.  Nope.  ;D

The international callers number is 267-941-1000 in case that's of use to anyone.

Just a FYI.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 07:29:51 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 16
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2021, 10:41:02 PM »
FINALLY got my 3rd check today.  what a nice surprise!
Sept '11: premium service same-day tier 4 visa granted in NYC
July '13: tier 4 visa - applied from boston
October '14: FLRM - applied priority in sheffield office
March '17: FLRM 2 - applied priority in sheffield office
Sept 2019: IRL, priority at Croydon, granted same day
October 2019: submitted naturalisation application
January 2020: citizenship approved!
March 2020: last citizenship ceremony before covid :-O

• Liked: 0
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2021, 02:07:47 PM »
I received the first stimulus back in May 2020, but never got the 2nd one.

Two weeks ago, I received what I thought was the 2nd one, but I now see that the notice number is 1444-C, so I guess this is the third one?

I haven't filed my 2020 taxes yet, so I'm not clear about how this has all transpired, but I guess I need to claim the 2nd payment on my 2020 taxes as a refund. Does this all sound correct?

Anyone else get the 3rd payment but not the 2nd?

I just tried to create an account with the IRS, so I could check to see what payments have been made, but I can't seem to do this without a US based mobile associated to my name, which I don't have. All very frustrating!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:11:48 PM by kate_mate »

Sponsored Links