Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Questions - Help  (Read 1337 times)

• Liked: 2
ILR Application Questions - Help
« on: March 27, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »
Hey Guys, my wife is currently submitting her application and has a few questions:-

In the Spouse / Partner details section - Is this is mainly about the sponsor (me) there is a question in the Relationship details:

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership with another person?

She has put No as she is not married to any body else and is only married to me. Is this correct? Also another question which is confusing her is the below:-

Have you previously been married or in a civil partnership?

This question could it apply to me as I have been previously married and divorced?  So does she put my previous marriage details or is this mainly about the applicant?

I would appreciate if you someone can reply back and advise as she is gating abit confused with it.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:13:05 AM by CMPunk71 »

Re: ILR Application Help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 10:17:47 PM »
I would appreciate if someone can please reply so we can continue completing this. As my wife is doing the application herself does the questions on the above post mainly apply to her? @ksand24 any advise on this would appreciate it
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:58:50 AM by CMPunk71 »

Re: ILR Application Questions - Help
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 11:12:10 AM »
@ksand24  I was wondering if you could let me know the following question and if I have answered it correctly. Would appreciate it

For the question:-

Have you previously been married or in a civil partnership?

I have told my wife the applicant to put my previous marriage details and divorce details as the Sponsor / Partner. That should be okay?. As there is no section to mention this its literally the last section headed under ‘Relationship details’

As she hasn't been in a previous relationship dont want to make her application more confusing when HO look at this.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 11:20:15 AM »
I'm afraid I can't help as I have no idea whether this question is about you or your wife - I don't have access to the online application, so I don't know how it's laid out.

I only have a saved copy of the old paper form from 2018, but the questions are phrased a bit differently on there.

The old paper form specifies that it means either/both of you:

2.21 Are either you or your partner currently married or in a civil partnership with another person?
Yes No

2.22 Have you or your partner previously been married or in a civil partnership?
Yes No

2.23 If you have answered ‘Yes’ to question 2.21 or 2.22, please provide details:
                                                                              You (if applicable)                   Your partner (if applicable)
A Name of other/former partner
B Nationality of other/former partner
C Date of marriage/civil partnership
D Place of marriage/civil partnership
E Date of divorce (if applicable)

You must provide original copies of divorce, decree absolute or overseas equivalent, or final order of dissolution of civil partnership.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 11:37:26 AM »
Oh I see, I think the wording is slightly different from old paper form compared to Online application. I (sponsor) have provided the previous marriage details i.e

Previous Partner Name
Nationality of previous partner
Date of Marriage
Location of wedding
Divorce End date

as they also asked this question when I selected Yes. Also have added divorce certificate aswell. So hopefully that covers this area. They should have just kept the old paper form questions for online would be easier and confusing free!!

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 11:43:38 AM »
You could always include a note about it in a cover letter, explaining that you weren't sure how to answer it but that you are the one who was previously married, not your wife.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 12:28:20 PM »
Thats a good idea I was going to add a covering letter also explaining.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 02:57:43 PM »
Hey Guys my wifes Set M ILR application has been uploaded and I have printed it out along with the document checklist.

I recieved an email to log into the UKVCAS (Sopra Setria) and book an appointment for bio-metrics but I can find any appointments atm. Do I have to wait until they email to book appointment or download the UKVI app?

On the application form it states I need to book the appointment by 28th May 2021?

What do I do now? Just wait until I get another email?

ILR Application Questions - Help
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 03:08:42 PM »
If you have already registered on the UKVCAS website, you will not receive any more emails. You will not get an invite for the app because no one except Tier 4 visa applicants has been allowed to use the app since Sept 2020.

It’s now up to you to keep checking for appointments every day until you manage to book one.

I believe they release new appointments around midnight each day so you may have more luck trying in the middle of the night.

Chances are you won’t be able to secure a free appointment as they seem impossible to get at the moment, but you may be able to find an out of hours appointment at a Core centre for £110-135 or an Enhanced appointment at an Enhanced centre for £69.99 (which includes document checking and scanning).

Meanwhile, while you try to book an appointment you can get started on scanning and uploading your documents to UKVCAS (unless you plan to purchase the scanning service when you book your appointment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 03:44:48 PM »
Oh I see thats kind of annoying lol! Luckily I have all the documents scanned and will upload them online just so thats all upto date before the appointment. Ive searched until 24/04/2021 the nearest centre to me and there is no appointments. I guess its just search and keeping a look out.

When I did the online application it asked for evidence ‘Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport’

I will scan the bio page for my mother and fathers passport as proof. As they have signed the support accommodation letter which allows myself, my wife and daughter to live with us. That should be okay?

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 03:53:09 PM »
Oh I see thats kind of annoying lol! Luckily I have all the documents scanned and will upload them online just so thats all upto date before the appointment. Ive searched until 24/04/2021 the nearest centre to me and there is no appointments. I guess its just search and keeping a look out.

Yes, unfortunately, it may take a few days, or even a couple of weeks, to find an appointment, and once you get an appointment, you may have to wait a few weeks to attend it. I would advise checking a number of centres, not just the closest one to you.

When I did the online application it asked for evidence ‘Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport’

I will scan the bio page for my mother and fathers passport as proof. As they have signed the support accommodation letter which allows myself, my wife and daughter to live with us. That should be okay?

That's fine.

Though personally, I'm not convinced you actually need to include ID for them - it's something the online application says you need, but there's nothing in the guidance documents that states it is required, and it wasn't needed before the online application was introduced in 2018 either.

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 12:39:39 PM »
Hey guys I have managed to book a standard appointment in Peterborough on 09/04/2021 after refreshing like crazy!!! Just going to upload the documents! £71 it cost me!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 12:44:23 PM »
Well done!  :)

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2021, 01:04:53 PM »
You could always include a note about it in a cover letter, explaining that you weren't sure how to answer it but that you are the one who was previously married, not your wife.

My wife has drafted a cover letter regarding previous marriage does this sound okay? Its still work in progress but highlights the main point.

Dear UKVI Caseworker,

I have applied for Indefinite leave to Remain and just wanted to clarify a simple mistake made on the application form.

Under the section ‘Have you previously been married or in a civil partnership’ I have put my partners previous marriage details and have accidently but in brackets (sponsors previous marriage) as I was unsure if this was addressed to myself the applicant or sponsor.

I can confirm I have not been in a previous marriage or civil partnership, and my only marriage has been with my partner.

I apologise for this simple error on my part, and I hope this does not overlook the application made. My partners previous marriage under UK law is not a recognised marriage and a letter from the mosque confirming this already been sent when I applied for spouse visa in 2015. The original letter and photocopy have already been provided to UKVI.

Would appreciate any feedback to tweak it if possible.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 02:32:50 PM »
Do you actually know it was a mistake though?  As you don't know whether it has been answered correctly or not, I wouldn't use the words 'mistake' or 'error' at all. Instead, you are simply clarifying why you answered the question the way you did.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't really matter, as they will be able to see from the marriage/divorce paperwork that it was the UK sponsor and not the applicant who was previously married.

So, I would just put something like:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to clarify one of the answers given in my online SET(M) application for ILR.

For the question, ‘Have you previously been married or in a civil partnership?’, I have entered the details of my UK partner's previous marriage, as I was unsure whether the question was asking about myself or my UK partner. To clarify, I have never been previously married, but my partner has, and we are including the relevant paperwork as evidence of this.

Yours Faithfully,

Her Name

Sponsored Links