Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello!  (Read 2012 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello!
« on: May 26, 2021, 06:44:28 PM »
I am so glad I found this forum! The Visa process is so stressful and it's nice to find others who understand.

A little background, I am from the WNC region of the Appalachians and my partner is from the Central Belt in Scotland. We been together for almost 5 years and the original plan was for her to come here to the US, after she finished her degree. So we had timed our application so that once she was graduated, she would move here shortly after, as I have a terminally ill mother that I have been providing primary home care for. It made sense at the time. So we applied for the US K1 and our approval came through at the end of January 2020. But she still needed to go for her interview in London. Well, with everything that happened with Covid, travel restrictions, and a couple other factors, we re-evaluated where would be better for us in the long run.
(I really hope this doesn't effect our ability to be approved in the UK since we changed our minds on where we were going after receiving the K1 approval.)
So here I am, trying to start a new (stressful) visa application and I am just as lost as I was before, lol.
Anyway, it's really nice to be here on the forum, thanks for having me!

• Liked: 6111
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 06:47:42 PM »
I am so glad I found this forum! The Visa process is so stressful and it's nice to find others who understand.

A little background, I am from the WNC region of the Appalachians and my partner is from the Central Belt in Scotland. We been together for almost 5 years and the original plan was for her to come here to the US, after she finished her degree. So we had timed our application so that once she was graduated, she would move here shortly after, as I have a terminally ill mother that I have been providing primary home care for. It made sense at the time. So we applied for the US K1 and our approval came through at the end of January 2020. But she still needed to go for her interview in London. Well, with everything that happened with Covid, travel restrictions, and a couple other factors, we re-evaluated where would be better for us in the long run.
(I really hope this doesn't effect our ability to be approved in the UK since we changed our minds on where we were going after receiving the K1 approval.)
So here I am, trying to start a new (stressful) visa application and I am just as lost as I was before, lol.
Anyway, it's really nice to be here on the forum, thanks for having me!

Welcome!  :)

No, that won't affect the application in any way. Even UKVI allow a change of plans!

When you're ready, feel free to post your questions on the visa forum.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab