Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for jobs without NIN?  (Read 2545 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for jobs without NIN?
« on: June 11, 2021, 01:55:07 PM »
Anyone have any knowledge on getting around job apps that require you to input a National Insurance number? I found my *perfect* job position but there's no getting around inputting the number - I applied for one last week but the app says it can take up to 16 (!!!) weeks to get back. Obviously I'm not thrilled by the prospect of waiting that long to begin submitting applications. Thanks in advance!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Applying for jobs without NIN?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 02:04:57 PM »
Anyone have any knowledge on getting around job apps that require you to input a National Insurance number? I found my *perfect* job position but there's no getting around inputting the number - I applied for one last week but the app says it can take up to 16 (!!!) weeks to get back. Obviously I'm not thrilled by the prospect of waiting that long to begin submitting applications. Thanks in advance!

Can you try inputting sequential letters and numbers? eg AB 12 34 56 C

It's perfectly legal to job hunt and to work without a NI number, you'll just be paying tax at a higher temporary rate which will be refunded.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 02:38:30 PM »
Can you try inputting sequential letters and numbers? eg AB 12 34 56 C

It's perfectly legal to job hunt and to work without a NI number, you'll just be paying tax at a higher temporary rate which will be refunded.

I'll give that a shot! I tried putting in 'N/A' but it needed the exact NIN format. I'll add in a note within the application that I did apply for one and just had to put in a fake one to get me through.

Thanks!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 08:09:42 AM »
I wonder if it might be a good idea to try and contact HR and let them know.  At least it's an excuse to actually talk with someone and have them know who you are.  Better than filling in an application and watching it go down the black hole and never hear anything again. 

Sponsored Links