Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa - Tenancy Agreement Timing Question  (Read 294 times)

• Liked: 0
Spouse Visa - Tenancy Agreement Timing Question
« on: July 09, 2021, 11:35:24 AM »
Hi, quick question.  I signed a tenancy agreement today, 9 July.  The tenancy term starts on 2 August for one year.  Do we have to wait until 2 August to submit the spouse visa application or can we submit it now, on the basis we now have a signed agreement/adequate accommodation arrangements in place? Thanks.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Spouse Visa - Tenancy Agreement Timing Question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
Hi, quick question.  I signed a tenancy agreement today, 9 July.  The tenancy term starts on 2 August for one year.  Do we have to wait until 2 August to submit the spouse visa application or can we submit it now, on the basis we now have a signed agreement/adequate accommodation arrangements in place? Thanks.

Presumably you're the sponsor? You'll also need a letter granting permission for the applicant to live there too, once the visa has been granted. Once you have the letter, you can apply and give the intended date of travel as the 2nd or later.

Welcome!  :)

• Liked: 0
Re: Spouse Visa - Tenancy Agreement Timing Question
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 02:33:33 PM »
Presumably you're the sponsor? You'll also need a letter granting permission for the applicant to live there too, once the visa has been granted. Once you have the letter, you can apply and give the intended date of travel as the 2nd or later.

Welcome!  :)

Thank you for this.  Yes, I am the sponsor and have the accompanying landlord letter.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab