Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Just wanted to say hi now that I've properly joined :-)  (Read 1908 times)

• Liked: 0
Just wanted to say hi now that I've properly joined :-)
« on: August 29, 2021, 12:14:32 PM »
Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hi, I've known about you for awhile & now joined. I am a dual-national American (US & UK) who's lived in the UK for a little over 10 years, living with my English husband. I grew up in the US but have lived in the UK pretty much my entire adult life, house and job here etc.

My situation is more one of international logistics as we navigate the complexities of life with my elderly parents, who are American, Stateside and with no family support but living in their own home. One in reasonably good health and the other not so good. I'm an only child and find this a difficult topic at the best of times. I'm in my 30s and my friends largely won't have had to deal with this at all yet, let alone internationally! :-) But I hope I can find a bit of a support network in some of you folks.

Thanks for reading! Best wishes to all.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Just wanted to say hi now that I've properly joined :-)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »
Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hi, I've known about you for awhile & now joined. I am a dual-national American (US & UK) who's lived in the UK for a little over 10 years, living with my English husband. I grew up in the US but have lived in the UK pretty much my entire adult life, house and job here etc.

My situation is more one of international logistics as we navigate the complexities of life with my elderly parents, who are American, Stateside and with no family support but living in their own home. One in reasonably good health and the other not so good. I'm an only child and find this a difficult topic at the best of times. I'm in my 30s and my friends largely won't have had to deal with this at all yet, let alone internationally! :-) But I hope I can find a bit of a support network in some of you folks.

Thanks for reading! Best wishes to all.

Welcome to the forum.  :)

It's always tough, but at least you are dual so you can spend as much time with them as you need to without any immigration issues at all.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 03:19:44 PM »
Welcome!  Doesn't sound easy to deal with old parents internationally in the middle of a pandemic. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 06:33:58 PM »
Welcome!  Doesn't sound easy to deal with old parents internationally in the middle of a pandemic.

Thanks both for your welcome note :-)

That's true jimbocz, it's an extra dimension of worry that didn't used to be there before.

Glad to have found this place, it's nice to have being an expatriate as common ground & that's hard to find. :-)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab