Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Steps after submitting spouse visa online  (Read 454 times)

• Liked: 0
Steps after submitting spouse visa online
« on: September 16, 2021, 07:00:11 PM »
Thanks for your help so far everyone!
Sorry for the basic question but could someone let me know the steps after I submit the spouse visa online (settlement priority service)? I'm a bit confused. I think I might be asked to attend a biometrics appointment (or make the appointment)
Do I need to mail original documents (I've seen various lists around) -- after I submit the application will the UK website tell me what to mail and where?
Thank you!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Steps after submitting spouse visa online
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 07:25:40 PM »
It's easiest to keep all your questions in one thread, as we have to jump around otherwise.

When you submit your application, one of the steps will be for you to book your biometrics and you can choose any center that is convenient for you.

You upload most documents now.  I'm not 100% sure what gets mailed along with your passport with all the changes, so I'll leave that to someone else to answer. 

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:00:16 PM »
Thanks so much! Okay I'll keep these in the same thread in the future, sorry I didn't realize the norm.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 03:52:17 PM »
Thanks so much! Okay I'll keep these in the same thread in the future, sorry I didn't realize the norm.

No problem - everyone does it!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 05:42:12 AM »
I've submitted my application for the spouse visa using the priority settlement package! Tomorrow I'm going to work on uploading my documents online and book my biometrics appointment.

I did a quick look at the website where I'm supposed to upload my documents (VFS global) and they list the required documents I need to upload which I have. But they have a really confusing webpage and the way you upload the documents is in different "folders" that are not necessarily relevant to my application, like "Employment evidence" or "Educational Evidence".

One thing I'm curious, as I think I've seen others talk about this, what is Appendix II? Is this something I need to upload as a spouse visa application? It is not listed as one of my required documents to upload (not on this page or on the completed application gov form online) but it is listed as a possible document to upload on this site (again -- I can't tell if this is a generic website layout designed for all possible visa applications). My husband is a british citizen but currently lives with me in the US and we are moving together.

--Just updating this post now as I just found this by searching on google--
https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa-uk-2018/#spouse-visa-uk-appendix-2-vaf4a-form
And they say:
     "We no longer recommend completing and including the VA4A 2 Appendix form.
     This form has no longer been required since the new spouse visa 2021 online application form has been introduced.
     We no longer recommend completing this document despite:
     The VFS uploading portal still lists this document"

Is that consistent with what you know about this application process?

Thank you!
Tiffany
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:51:01 AM by tmesh »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 06:20:01 AM »
Appendix II has now been integrated into the online application so you no longer need to provide it.

Be careful relying on the checklist that is provided at the end of the application though, it often doesn't list everything that you actually do require.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 04:30:24 PM »
Great thank you! Another question, the VFS global offers this "return courier" service where they provide you UPS shipping envelopes for your documents to and from the UK. I'm wondering if this is worth it? It costs $70. Does anyone know what this service really provides, other than just the envelopes (like tracking, or faster mailing times?)

Thanks!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 04:59:39 PM »
Great thank you! Another question, the VFS global offers this "return courier" service where they provide you UPS shipping envelopes for your documents to and from the UK. I'm wondering if this is worth it? It costs $70. Does anyone know what this service really provides, other than just the envelopes (like tracking, or faster mailing times?)

Thanks!

It does not provide the envelopes, just the UPS shipping label to New York. You need to provide the packaging yourself.

Nothing is mailed to the UK - you upload your documents to the VFS Global website, then mail your passport to New York. Your documents are then transmitted electronically to Sheffield in the UK, and then when your visa has been processed, New York will issue it into your passport and mail it back to you.

Your shipping options are:
- purchase the round trip courier service to New York from VFS Global for $75.00 (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/premium-services/roundtrip-courier), which gives you both outbound and return shipping labels, then you take your package to UPS to ship it, and also include return packaging with it

or

- purchase the return courier only from VFS Global to New York  for $45.00 (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/premium-services/return-courier) and arrange your own outbound shipping from UPS (and also include return packaging

or

- don't purchase any courier services from VFS Global and go to UPS to arrange outbound and return shipping and packaging to New York yourself (this could either work out cheaper or more expensive than VFS Global, depending on the service and size of the package).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:02:25 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 09:28:45 PM »
Another question -- Do I need to upload a copy of the biopage of my US passport on this VGS website? I will be bringing it in person, and mailing it. But it's a bit unclear if they want me to also upload a scanned copy. Thanks!

Sponsored Links