Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Missing……  (Read 3266 times)

• Liked: 424
Missing……
« on: October 06, 2021, 08:12:53 PM »
Hey everyone,

So, I can’t help but ask where is Tami and KoD?? They seem like they have dropped off the radar! If you are out there……YOU ARE MISSED

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
Re: Missing……
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 09:05:01 PM »
Hey everyone,

So, I can’t help but ask where is Tami and KoD?? They seem like they have dropped off the radar! If you are out there……YOU ARE MISSED

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm still here. I was off work for a long time with a chronic illness that required me going back to the US to have fixed.

I was being poisoned by my thyroid medication and my GP kept prescribing me a higher dose which made me even more sick. The endocrinologist wouldn't treat me with my regular US medication and insisted on this course of treatment.

I was so ill I couldn't get out of bed most days. I had severe neurological deficiencies and was thinking I must have cancer or MS.

I booked my trip back home and my US doctor diagnosed within 5 minutes.

While I had my labs done, other things popped up and I ended up having a colonoscopy, endoscopy, ultrasound, CT and MRI.

I was there for 2 months recovering.

When I got back here in March, I returned to work on a phased in return to work scheme.

My colleagues had made my work life unbearable because they blamed me for making myself sick. Some were really horrible to me so I resigned my position at the end of May and I've been looking for another job since.

I start my new job on Monday. I'll be in social care, helping care for young adults with mental deficiencies who also live independently.

The charity I'm employed by built a brand new complex with 8 private flats.

Besides that, I've been home a lot doing much of nothing.

Did spend last weekend in Glen Lyon, Kenmore,  Pitlochary and Aberfeldy. It was quite amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 424
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 09:16:44 PM »
Tami, I knew that you had not been well and had gone back to a doctor in the states……but I’m so glad that you got the help you needed. As for your former colleagues……….
It sounds like you are perfectly suited for your new job, and I really look forward to seeing your posts….and even seeing you again in person when you drift this way again.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 09:26:55 PM »
Tami, I knew that you had not been well and had gone back to a doctor in the states……but I’m so glad that you got the help you needed. As for your former colleagues……….
It sounds like you are perfectly suited for your new job, and I really look forward to seeing your posts….and even seeing you again in person when you drift this way again.
I really should have escalated my complaints about my manager. I told my line manager and she made the complaint process sound like something I really didn't want to do.

At one point during my illness before I left work, I had lost a lot of weight and I know I looked skeletal. My face was gaunt and I looked and felt really frail. She told me I looked like The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas.

She was horrible and I experienced a lot of emotional abuse from her. And she has a very long history of doing this to other people. But nothing ever happens to her so it was easier for me to leave than to continually let myself be abused.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to work. I've only worked a month in the last year.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 05:43:38 AM »
I'm so sorry, bullies are awful and can make life a misery.  All the best at the new job Tami, I really hope you love it.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 08:30:00 AM »
Oh Tami, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a hard time.  And  that your work colleagues were such jerks.  Were they mad because they thought you had left them to do all the work?  Or just nuts?

I also miss a bunch of people that used to be here.  How about Lyonara?  And my favourite Son of Sailor?  And the guy who rage quit after arguing with Sirius, was his name comascato or something like that?  He made some vague references to being very sick and I hope he's OK

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »
Oh Tami, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a hard time.  And  that your work colleagues were such jerks.  Were they mad because they thought you had left them to do all the work?  Or just nuts?

I also miss a bunch of people that used to be here.  How about Lyonara?  And my favourite Son of Sailor?  And the guy who rage quit after arguing with Sirius, was his name comascato or something like that?  He made some vague references to being very sick and I hope he's OK
I think there were 2 different issues. My manager started with the abuse before I went off my work.

It is really bizarre actually because she and I used to be friends. She invited me to her house for hanging out, we went to Costco together, we rode to work together, she asked me to come work for her in the care home pharmacy because she wanted me on her team. I started declining her invitations to her home get togethers because she wanted me to drink with her and I'm not a drinker. She pressured me into drinking and I didn't like how that made me feel. Plus, my husband is a recovering alcoholic and I don't want to be drunk around him.

Then one day she flipped a switch and she started to make little dogs at me. But I thought at first it was just her sense of humor but then it started to get more mean and personal.

When I'm stressed I have a slight speech impediment. Most people won't notice it but I know when it is happening and she picked up on it. So when I would struggle with a word she would start making the hand gesture to hurry up and spit it out. 

Then she started telling me how much my store manager didn't like me and store manager thought my performance was really poor and if it wasn't for her protecting me, I would have to have a professional discussion. (None of this turned out to be true. )

She would call me a hypochondriac. She didn't believe any of my symptoms were real since the doctor couldn't find out what was wrong. (Because obviously anything that is wrong with a person is easily diagnosed.)

Then we have my other coworkers. (2 specifically but they were my main coworkers and not just random people I could easily avoid.)

The one girl had become a really good friend. I should say in care home pharmacy, we were a really small team. There were just 6 of us.

She didn't like the way I ate. No sugar, no grains, no processed foods. I generally only eat animal products.

She came to believe that I was making myself sick because I didn't eat sugar. Yes, she actually said this to me. Because everyone needs sugar.

I gave her resources to read about the way I eat and she said she had no interest in reading it because she already knows about nutrition. Meanwhile, she is obese and struggling with metabolic syndrome.

So I told her I wasn't going to discuss my food choices with her but she wouldn't let up and while I was off work, she started spreading around that I was making myself sick because of how I eat.

After I was diagnosed with medication toxicity and I recovered enough to return to work, I didn't get one single apology. They simply ignored me like I wasn't even in the room.

So, I don't understand any of this behaviour. I was incredibly sick. My husband thought I was dying. I fully expected to get a diagnosis of MS. My neurological symptoms made it difficult to function. I started losing feeling in my hands and feet. My face started going numb. My cognitive function declined to the point that I would get confused about where I was at. I couldn't focus on anything.

I'm just glad that it turned out to be an easy fix but still extremely irritated over the care I received here. My ex husband graciously paid almost $20,000 cash for all of my medical treatment in the US and that was the cash discount price.

But what are you going to do? I'm just ready to move on.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 01:13:38 PM »
I'm sorry to hear all this Tami. Glad you're feeling better, but what an ordeal.  As for workplace bullying, it's absolutely awful and they treated you like utter garbage. I am so very sorry.  Good luck with your new job though!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 01:32:02 PM »
I’ll nudge a few missing peeps.   ;D

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 02:37:51 PM »
I have also felt the absence of SOS and Comosato and Dave.  I saw Dave over the summer and he and HeyJay are well. But he is off all social media platforms now.  Writeshawna and I keep in touch regularly. I’ll give her a nudge.   :D

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2021, 05:55:14 PM »

My ex husband graciously paid almost $20,000 cash for all of my medical treatment in the US and that was the cash discount
  I think it's really nice that your ex is willing to pay the bills so you can not die.  It really says something about you and him (and all people from North Carolina , and people who chew ice....)

Tell us how your kids are doing!  We all want to know.  And send some pictures.

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2021, 06:12:24 PM »
  I think it's really nice that your ex is willing to pay the bills so you can not die.  It really says something about you and him (and all people from North Carolina , and people who chew ice....)

Tell us how your kids are doing!  We all want to know.  And send some pictures.
Jimbo. He actually said to me. "What would the kids think if I let their mother die?" It was an easy decision for him. I'll eternally be grateful.

The kids are all doing great. Just out there living their best lives. I miss them like crazy and it takes everything I have to not jump on a plane and go back home. But then I remember that after a week back home I'm no longer a novelty and they go back to their own lives.

My youngest daughter actually had the nerve to move into her own apartment while I was still there. I was like... but I look forward to you coming home from work and now I won't see you every day for the rest of the time I have left here.

She responded with, "You are welcome to come visit me whenever you want." Ok... thanks baby girl.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 01:51:08 PM »
Hey guys!

Life has just been mental lately. My lovely husband has been struggling with his autoimmune issues, I started a new job, I've been knitting a lot and binging so much TV while knitting. And my depression and anxiety have been acting up.

I currently have sinusitis, or as we call it, a sinus infection and it spread to my ears, so I'm home sick. Nothing better than lying here with the world spinning and feeling sick. Am I right?

How's everyone? There is not way I can catch up on all the posts right now.

I had a BIG haircut too! It doesn't like my photos, apparently they are too big. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »
Hey guys!

Life has just been mental lately. My lovely husband has been struggling with his autoimmune issues, I started a new job, I've been knitting a lot and binging so much TV while knitting. And my depression and anxiety have been acting up.

I currently have sinusitis, or as we call it, a sinus infection and it spread to my ears, so I'm home sick. Nothing better than lying here with the world spinning and feeling sick. Am I right?

I had a BIG haircut too! It doesn't like my photos, apparently they are too big. Haha.

Yippee for new hair!  Booo for everything else!  I hope everyone is back on their feet soon!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 04:34:15 PM »
Hey guys!

This is knitting weather!  ;D Hope the dogs are good?  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab