Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR Approved Very Fast Via Email  (Read 402 times)

• Liked: 27
FLR Approved Very Fast Via Email
« on: October 17, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone applying who is wondering about wait times.

I submitted all of my documents by September 5. I had an free biometrics appointment at the end of September, but I got ill, so I had to reschedule. I could only get the £138 ones if I wanted one in the next couple of weeks.

I was told it could take up to 6 months for approval, but I received one in just 6 days (5 business days later) from my biometrics appointment. I was shocked and fully prepared to wait for at least a couple of months (as it always good been previously). I know technically we waited about 5 weeks or so, but I expected the waiting to begin after my bio appointment.

My partner and I are both directors of a limited company, so this was what we’ve been told us the most difficult way to prove your financial status. Previously we just did his 6 month payslips—it wasn’t more difficult necessarily, but SO MUCH PAPERWORK. I think I submitted at least 400 pages in total by the end.

Anyway; sorry for the yammering and I hope this helps someone! Now I’m waiting for the card to come in the mail so I can destroy the old one.
Timeline for unmarried partners in 2018

Visa Type: Unmarried Partner
Priority
Application Submitted: October 10
Biometrics and Documents Sent: October 15
Documents Arrived in NYC: October 16
Email - app received/being prepped by ECO:  October 31
Decision made email: November 28
Documents returned: November 30
Outcome: Approved with Incorrect Visa Issued
Correction Issue Raised: December 10
Corrected: December 13 Approved with Correct Visa

• Liked: 3597
Re: FLR Approved Very Fast Via Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:40:30 AM »
I was told it could take up to 6 months for approval, but I received one in just 6 days (5 business days later) from my biometrics appointment. I was shocked and fully prepared to wait for at least a couple of months (as it always good been previously). I know technically we waited about 5 weeks or so, but I expected the waiting to begin after my bio appointment.

Congratulations - that was nice and fast :D!

I'm not sure why you were told 6 months though, because the processing time for FLR(M) is 8 weeks.  It's ILR that can take up to 6 months, not FLR(M).

In the last few months, we have seen people receive their FLR(M) within approx. 1-4 weeks of their biometrics appointment.

My partner and I are both directors of a limited company, so this was what we’ve been told us the most difficult way to prove your financial status. Previously we just did his 6 month payslips—it wasn’t more difficult necessarily, but SO MUCH PAPERWORK. I think I submitted at least 400 pages in total by the end.

Yeah, it's not so much that it's difficult, it's more that there are so many more documents that you must provide for self-employment that it's easier to make a mistake with the evidence... which can more easily lead to a refusal due to missing documents.

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 09:47:08 AM »
Congratulations!  :)

• Liked: 27
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
Congratulations - that was nice and fast :D!

I'm not sure why you were told 6 months though, because the processing time for FLR(M) is 8 weeks.  It's ILR that can take up to 6 months, not FLR(M).

To be fair, she said 4-8 weeks and up to 6 months sometimes. I think she was just covering her vases in case it took longer. We were prepared to be told around Christmas.
Timeline for unmarried partners in 2018

Visa Type: Unmarried Partner
Priority
Application Submitted: October 10
Biometrics and Documents Sent: October 15
Documents Arrived in NYC: October 16
Email - app received/being prepped by ECO:  October 31
Decision made email: November 28
Documents returned: November 30
Outcome: Approved with Incorrect Visa Issued
Correction Issue Raised: December 10
Corrected: December 13 Approved with Correct Visa