Hello

Sponsored Links

Poll

What do you miss the most food wise?

Wendy's Hamburgers! White Castle! Krystals! Anything but McD's!
12 (20%)
Italian - ex. Olive Garden
7 (11.7%)
Mexican - ex. Taco Bell
25 (41.7%)
Chinese - not that crappy take away stuff!
8 (13.3%)
Wendy's Hamburgers! White Castle! Krystals! Anything but McD's!
8 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Topic: American Food NOW poll  (Read 2753 times)

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Re: American Food NOW poll
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2004, 10:56:19 AM »
Pizza Express is tastier than Pizza Hut, IMHO.

Oh, yes!  Express puts Hut to shame!
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2004, 12:00:17 PM »
I miss bagels! Real bagels, not those things masquerading as bagels in the grocery stores here, ie NYC bagels. They are just not the same. I made my husband drive me from Edinburgh to Glasgow one sunday morning to go to a kosher bakery and get some proper bagels.

Whereabouts in Glasgow is this bakery?  I had a quick look online and found some kosher places there, but no bakery.  Thanks!

• Married March 21,2005!!!
    • My Myspace page
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2004, 07:11:33 PM »
what else i miss is Beef Jerky from SLIM JIM oooooooooooooh man do i ever miss it like crazy.
 i will try the pizza place u suggest. is it affordable?
  and does anyone know where i can find like GOOD microwave dishes like we have a home? pizza rolls ect?
everything here is like meals for families u know.
shala
Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Patrick Mulcrone. March 21,2005.  :) Temporarily back in the USA! Missing him! If you need advice I am here for you!

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2004, 07:53:46 PM »
No.  no. no no.

You've been here ten minutes.  You can NOT be missing food.  I am telling you this in a friendly, pretend I'm your mother type way.  Get out there and try British food.  Go to little cafes, order bacon sandwiches, try tea cakes and cream cakes, eat scones, try some savoury things, go to Indian resturants, try the most exotic sounding thing, go to sandwich shops, order a baguette, go to the bakery, get some cheese straws.  Go try some British food, try it all. 

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »
No. no. no no.

You've been here ten minutes. You can NOT be missing food. I am telling you this in a friendly, pretend I'm your mother type way. Get out there and try British food. Go to little cafes, order bacon sandwiches, try tea cakes and cream cakes, eat scones, try some savoury things, go to Indian resturants, try the most exotic sounding thing, go to sandwich shops, order a baguette, go to the bakery, get some cheese straws. Go try some British food, try it all.

Ditto - what she said!  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2004, 11:43:09 AM »

Whereabouts in Glasgow is this bakery?  I had a quick look online and found some kosher places there, but no bakery.  Thanks!

sorry this took so long.
It's called the Hello Deli in Giffnock Glasgow. They get there's from a kosher bakery and sell all the proper deli things you'd want. Well I was just after bagels and they were good. They'd most likely be able to tell you where the proper bakery was.

Sponsored Links