Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to show and tell a man you love him  (Read 3269 times)

Re: How to show and tell a man you love him
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 12:36:12 PM »
Wow, do I feel like a stick in the mud, webcams, sex lives, and here's me: Clean the house up! That'll really show him you love him! Lord, help me, what have I become??  :o

LOL- Don't worry what you said was sweet!

I feel like a prude too!  ;)

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 12:36:35 PM »
Clean the house up!

OMG!  That would rock my world if I came home from say, a massage or pedicure, and DH had tidied the whole place!  

One can dream, eh . . . ?

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 12:38:10 PM »
'Sok, Stella, I would recommend the same.  I think that thoughtfulness and things done by your own hand are more special than any bought present.

Birthday cakes for my hubby do not look as lovely as the store bought ones, but mine are made by my hand and with my love.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 12:38:23 PM »
OMG!  That would rock my world if I came home from say, a massage or pedicure, and DH had tidied the whole place! 

One can dream, eh . . . ?

LOL ... I think Guy's idea of tidying/cleaning is to shove everything under the bed and sofa. It would end up just making more work for me in the long run! But he does a lovely roast chicken dinner!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 12:43:36 PM »
As an aside:

He brings me beautiful things. He brings me stones. He's incredibly romantic; like your Jamie is.

He's mythic. I tell him that he should find a nice and normal girl and he says, "I would be so bored. Why would I?"

He speaks 5 languages. Latin was his first language beyond German. He tells me I am more intelligent than him. I want to divorce his ass every other day. That's how close we are.

When I want to be with other men? He says, "Honey, it's okay." He loves me for it.

"The artist is not a person endowed with free will who seeks his own ends, but one who allows art to realize its purposes through him. As a human being he may have moods and a will and personal aims, but as an artist he is 'man' in a higher sense - he is 'collective man', a vehicle and molder of the unconscious psychic life of mankind"
--Carl Jung

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 12:43:54 PM »
LOL ... I think Guy's idea of tidying/cleaning is to shove everything under the bed and sofa. It would end up just making more work for me in the long run! But he does a lovely roast chicken dinner!

You haven't seen DH do the washing up!  Aw, he does try.  But I wind up discretely re-washing a lot of it.  At least, however, he rinses!!   :D

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 12:45:20 PM »
I dunno, I just think it's kind of depressing after being away, coming home to a dump. If things are tidy, it shows there's been thought and work (and anticipation) put into your return. You want to be able to come home and not have to do anything for at least a couple hours, but unwind and relax. A favorite cocktail at hand would be good, too. Oh and fluffy towels ready for the shower.

Heck, if I came home and the place was sparkling and my husband said to me, I know you'll be tired tonight so everything is laid out for you to take it easy, and we'll order in, but tomorrow I have something special planned for you...Of course this is in fantasy-land where work schedules don't play into it and of money is no object!!

But I am scaring myself at how 1950s housewife I sound. I even recommended OATMEAL for breakfast, for god's sake!  :o

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 12:46:55 PM »
As an aside:

When I want to be with other men? He says, "Honey, it's okay." He loves me for it.

I know I'm gonna regret this but..........are you for real?

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 12:49:18 PM »

We are for real.

"The artist is not a person endowed with free will who seeks his own ends, but one who allows art to realize its purposes through him. As a human being he may have moods and a will and personal aims, but as an artist he is 'man' in a higher sense - he is 'collective man', a vehicle and molder of the unconscious psychic life of mankind"
--Carl Jung

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 12:49:56 PM »

Aw, Celtic!  Ever heard of the phrase, 'Don't go there!'  ;) :).

Personally, I'd rather not know.  But 'seagoddess' might be willing to share in PM.

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 12:52:09 PM »
I dunno, I just think it's kind of depressing after being away, coming home to a dump. If things are tidy, it shows there's been thought and work (and anticipation) put into your return. You want to be able to come home and not have to do anything for at least a couple hours, but unwind and relax. A favorite cocktail at hand would be good, too. Oh and fluffy towels ready for the shower.

Now you're talking!  And if there were a basket of your fav LUSH products, it'd be an even bigger bonus! 

Hell, I'd settle for clean towels - not wet ones wadded up on the floor - folded and put away. 

And I LOVE porridge for brekkie, especially as a kind member sent me a slow cooker recipe for some delicious porridge.  Perfect for a winter morning . . .

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005, 01:20:17 PM »

I want to give him something really nice.

A basket of 'nice man things' seems appropriate. I know he appreciates nice things.

I started this thread, and it went off a bit...

I'm just crazy in love with a crazy man. He's a really great guy. 20 years in love. So, I figure I have to buy him something, BIG.

I bought his last motorcycle. I bought this house for him. I figure I'm buying a sailboat for him now. A boat.

*grins*

--Carl Jung

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005, 01:27:44 PM »
So, I figure I have to buy him something, BIG.

I figure I'm buying a sailboat for him now. A boat.

how about a REALLY BIG anchor for that boat.........I could think of a few useful things to do with that :P

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005, 02:18:19 PM »
I want to give him something really nice.

A basket of 'nice man things' seems appropriate. I know he appreciates nice things.

I started this thread, and it went off a bit...

I'm just crazy in love with a crazy man. He's a really great guy. 20 years in love. So, I figure I have to buy him something, BIG.

I bought his last motorcycle. I bought this house for him. I figure I'm buying a sailboat for him now. A boat.

*grins*

Oh, well, if you're spending that kind of money ( ???), hell, why not buy a maid to tidy up the house for him then, what was I thinking, cleaning it yourself! LOL.  ::)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »
Yeah...wow...if money's no object it really opens up the possibilities.
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

Sponsored Links