Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR - spouse visa  (Read 5926 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: FLR(m) - spouse visa
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2020, 10:17:30 AM »
The bank statement will count for July as that is when it was mailed. The pension letter will be fine.

Thanks  :)
We can not find anything for June in that case, what should we include in a letter to add to the application?  We are very limited for post in June 18 as we received keys to our house on 31st May 18
Would I still add this document in as an extra document?

• Liked: 6112
Re: FLR(m) - spouse visa
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »
We can not find anything for June in that case, what should we include in a letter to add to the application?  We are very limited for post in June 18 as we received keys to our house on 31st May 18
Would I still add this document in as an extra document?

If that is the closest you have, then just use it. I wouldn't bother writing a letter just for something that is one month out of place (that is more if you are entirely missing something or don't have enough sources) but you can if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Do you have something each or jointly coming in every month now like a bank statement so that it will be easier next time?  :)

Re: FLR - spouse visa
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2020, 10:25:04 AM »
If that is the closest you have, then just use it. I wouldn't bother writing a letter just for something that is one month out of place (that is more if you are entirely missing something or don't have enough sources) but you can if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Do you have something each or jointly coming in every month now like a bank statement so that it will be easier next time?  :)

We have now switched all our bank statements to post, and all our gas and electric bills are post in joint name. So hopefully easier next time round!
Thanks Larrabee sure I will be back with more questions!

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2020, 11:02:15 AM »
Bit of a random one.
Filling in the application form

Question - have you previously lived in a country outside of the UK including your country of birth?

Does this relate to since the visa was issued or since birth?

Husband is an athlete and lived in Italy for short periods of time 3-5 months. Does this need to be included in this question?

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »
Bit of a random one.
Filling in the application form

Question - have you previously lived in a country outside of the UK including your country of birth?

Does this relate to since the visa was issued or since birth?

Husband is an athlete and lived in Italy for short periods of time 3-5 months. Does this need to be included in this question?

Since birth. It would only count for periods where he has held a visa to live a particular country,  or times when he has lived in anther country of which he holds citizenship, not times when he was there as a visitor.
But if in doubt, declare it.

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2020, 08:46:47 AM »
Morning,

Just to confirm aiming to apply first week of June, visa valid until 03/07

For bank statements to cover period is 01/12-31/05 correct to cover the whole period

Payslips are paid last day of month so Dec-May

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2020, 09:08:39 AM »
Morning,

Just to confirm aiming to apply first week of June, visa valid until 03/07

For bank statements to cover period is 01/12-31/05 correct to cover the whole period

Payslips are paid last day of month so Dec-May

If your latest payslip is dated May 31st, then your 6 months will be November 30th to May 31st.... and you must explicitly cover the day of November 30th.

That means you will need the following payslips:
1. Nov 30
2. Dec 31
3. Jan 31
4. Feb 29
5. Mar 31
6. Apr 30
7. May 31

And the corresponding bank statements (assuming they are issued at the end of each month):
1. Nov 1-30
2. Dec 1-31
3. Jan 1-31
4. Feb 1-29
5. Mar 1-31
6. Apr 1-30
7. May 1-31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »
Well the application form is making me question everything.

Just a few questions that I want to clarify.

What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born? - how in depth does this need to be? Or would you just put parents, siblings and grandparents?

When did you start living together in a relationship? - would this be from the date they entered the UK on the spouse visa?

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension? - is this any other reason.. with the next question following please explain why you are applying - extension of spouse visa.

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born? - how in depth does this need to be? Or would you just put parents, siblings and grandparents?

List as many people as you can fit on the form. Start with immediate family, then extended family, then friends.

When did you start living together in a relationship? - would this be from the date they entered the UK on the spouse visa?

No, I think it’s from when you first started living together in any country.

For example, you might have been married and living together for 20 years before moving to the UK,  so it would look weird if you said you’d only lived together for the last 2.5 years of your 22-year marriage.

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension? - is this any other reason.. with the next question following please explain why you are applying - extension of spouse visa.

What are the options it gives you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2020, 01:05:46 PM »
First extension of partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a finace or proposed civil partner of a settler person)

Additional extension as a partner

First application as a partner from within the UK

You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months

You require more time to meet the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirements to apply for settlement

You were granted entry as a fiancée or proposed civil partner.

These are the options

My husband and myself officially started to live together when he moved to the UK on October 2017, the other times were him visiting and staying with my family from October 2013 on visitor visas and me visiting him in USA. So assuming to say we lived together from October 17 would be correct?

He also had a visa refusal - we tried to do an unmarried partner visa which was declined in August 2017

Where it asks about refusals is it enough to put date -  partner visa - did not meet requirement for unmarried partner

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2020, 02:21:38 PM »
First extension of partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a finace or proposed civil partner of a settler person)

Additional extension as a partner

First application as a partner from within the UK

You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months

You require more time to meet the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirements to apply for settlement

You were granted entry as a fiancée or proposed civil partner.

These are the options

If your husband entered the UK on a spousal visa, then it's option 1:

- The initial period of entry was his spousal visa
- He is now extending that visa for the first time

My husband and myself officially started to live together when he moved to the UK on October 2017, the other times were him visiting and staying with my family from October 2013 on visitor visas and me visiting him in USA. So assuming to say we lived together from October 17 would be correct?

Yes, that's correct. They mean 'living together as a couple legally in the same country', and you didn't start doing that until October 2017. Before that, he was just a visitor in your home and not living with you.

He also had a visa refusal - we tried to do an unmarried partner visa which was declined in August 2017

Where it asks about refusals is it enough to put date -  partner visa - did not meet requirement for unmarried partner

If there is room, I would expand on why you did not meet the requirement for unmarried partner visa... which I assume will be because you had not lived together for 24 consecutive months before applying.

You will also need to include the visa refusal reference number and paperwork you received back then.

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »
So if I give a little more information into the refusal and put the refusal number in this section. And then attached the document to the upload documents. Is this correct?

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 03:53:08 PM »
So if I give a little more information into the refusal and put the refusal number in this section. And then attached the document to the upload documents. Is this correct?

Yes, I think so (I can't see the online application so I don't know exactly what they ask for).

They will look into the reason for the previous refusal to make sure it no longer applies, so the more information you can give them (i.e. refusal paperwork etc.), the easier it makes their job.

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 03:59:19 PM »
Yes, I think so (I can't see the online application so I don't know exactly what they ask for).

They will look into the reason for the previous refusal to make sure it no longer applies, so the more information you can give them (i.e. refusal paperwork etc.), the easier it makes their job.

All it asks is

Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?
Please give details.

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2020, 04:06:22 PM »

All it asks is

Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?
Please give details.

Okay, in that case, I would give the date of refusal, the visa type and the reason for refusal, plus any reference numbers, and then add that you are including the refusal paperwork with your documents.

Sponsored Links