Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Iceland: Volcano disrupts flights in UK and other European countries  (Read 9177 times)

Re: Iceland: Volcano disrupts flights in UK and other European countries
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »
The last I heard on the news was that they've changed it to 7am tomorrow (Friday).

Well I dont fly until Wednesday/Thursday (April 21/22), so I HOPE its not still an issue.   :-\\\\

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »
A friends 15 year old son flew to Spain 2 weeks ago for Easter Recess and was supposed to fly back to the UK today. His flight was getting ready to take off when it was called back to the gate and deplaned. The earliest flight that he could now get back home on is Next Week Wednesday!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 10:19:41 PM »
I'm supposed to fly back to the States on Saturday afternoon. I'm not complaining because it means more time with DB, but I do feel bad for the people that need to be somewhere...like, to a wedding! I couldn't imagine.

And let me just say that American Airlines website isn't very helpful at all. I'm going to have to give them a bell tomorrow.
August 2008: Met on Facebook
February 2009: Met face-to-face in London, UK
March 2009 - September 2011: Visits back and forth
January 30, 2012: Married in Vegas
March 19, 2012: Online Application Completed
March 22, 2012: Biometrics, Docs sent (priority)
March 23, 2012: E-mail stating reception of docs
March 26, 2012: VISA ISSUED! :D
May 14, 2012: MOVING TO SHEFFIELD!
March 17, 2014: Passed Life in the UK Test!
June 14, 2014: ILR Approved!

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
UK Air Restrictions have been extended until 1pm BST Friday.

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 10:59:40 PM »
I was at my first year at Uni (University of Montana in Missoula) when Mount St. Helen blew.  The ash was in the valley for a week and shut down the city.  But just a few miles away in the Bitterroot, it was clear and beautiful.  There is no telling how long or quickly this could take.

I am in the States now, and due to fly back on Sunday.  If I need to stick around in LA extra days, I will not complain.  I can stay with friends so it is not really a hassle for me.  Have not heard from my airline yet, but will volunteer to be bumped if it comes to that, as I feel badly for people who are impacted adversely.

“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

• Liked: 1
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 10:35:30 AM »
English Air restrictions are now in place until 1am BST Saturday 17th April

Its looking better for Northern Ireland and Western Scotland and the next update should be coming at 2.30pm today

This is the National Air Traffic website that has the most up-to-date information

www.nats.co.uk

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 06:46:17 PM »
My flight for tomorrow at 230pm was canceled and I'm scheduled out of here on Monday morning now.

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »
According to the BBC, Ryanair is cancelling all flights until 1300 BST on Monday.

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 06:56:07 PM »
I think I am going to have a panick attack!!! DF is flying out Friday the 23rd. 

??? :-[ :-\\\\
"One does not have to be rough to be strong; one can be gentle and persistent and still achieve results"

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 07:34:49 PM »
I think I am going to have a panick attack!!! DF is flying out Friday the 23rd. 

??? :-[ :-\\\\

Im going to have a panic attack too...Im supposed to fly out Wednesday April 21.  OMG please dont let me get rescheduled.  Seriously. 

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 02:02:08 PM »
Apparently...it's getting worse.

I'm a bit lucky in this situation as I am staying with DB and his family, so I'm not stranded in a hotel, which means extra time with everyone here.

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 02:26:27 PM »
i hope this improves soon!!  i have a bit more time since i'm not due to fly out until the 27th, but i'm not sure what we would do if that flight couldn't get out...we have a ton of other things booked including our honeymoon in hawaii and the belated wedding reception my parents are throwing us in north carolina.  i will be so distraught if we have to miss that!!

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »
Has anyone heard whether airlines are giving passengers the choice of when to fly out? I mean the ones who didn't get to start their trips. Or is it "tough luck you fly on next available flight"? It seems more logical to spread out when people fly out since they've got all the normal folks booked on flights and they can't keep bumping people indefinitely.
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

• Liked: 5
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 04:37:38 PM »
Has anyone heard whether airlines are giving passengers the choice of when to fly out? I mean the ones who didn't get to start their trips. Or is it "tough luck you fly on next available flight"? It seems more logical to spread out when people fly out since they've got all the normal folks booked on flights and they can't keep bumping people indefinitely.

Yes, to some extent.  My BF was supposed to fly to Budapest on Friday.  BAsically they wouldn't rebook him until they knew when the ban was going to be lifted.  So it isn't like he was rebooked for later that day, then again on Saturday morning, etc.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
Ive got a freind who was visiting the US and was due to start the flight back today SanFran time..and was supposed to land in Edinburgh tommorrow am(our UK time)
Obviously the flights have been cancelled and was told that the rescheduled flight is now leaving SanFran Friday the 23th to arrive in Edinburgh on the 24th. So that means a whole week.
I feel soo bad as she is a teacher here and was due to be back on Monday. So she is going to have to tell her HT and try and figure out where to stay and such until then.
They aren't getting ANY money at all to get a place to stay until the flight as its a act of god just rescheduling her flights.
Her main worry is what happens about her pay for the week she is being forced to take off.
Lots and lots of folks in similar circumstances im sure. It just plain sucks all around.  ::) :P

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab